“Nice resort style hotel but service falls short” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando World Center Marriott

You added Orlando World Center Marriott to your Saves list
Orlando World Center Marriott
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8701 World Center Drive, Orlando, FL 32821 (Formerly Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Weekend Wintervention
Ranked #45 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hong Kong, China
“Nice resort style hotel but service falls short”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was staying at this Marriott for 3 nights. The facility is huge and well maintained. I am in the taller tower and it takes almost 10 minutes to walk from my room to the gym. However, the gym is fabulous. It is definitely the best fitness facility I have ever seen at a hotel. The swimming pool looks great as well but I don't have time to try it. Like many hotel in Orlando, it is far away from any shops outside. It is a major inconvenience especially when you feel hungry and want some food at 12am. There was also once that it took me 2 calls to room service and 2 personal trips down to the lobby just to get a fork. The hotel seems to be short-staffed late night.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have been here many times for business conferences but I have never actually stayed here. We decided to treat the kids to a Christmas Staycation because we only live 20 miles away. Every employee we have come across has been so friendly and helpful. A special shout out to Michael Black from the bellstand. He was very gracious and provided us with a fridge upon arrival and followed it up with a phone call asking if we were enjoying our stay. Great Marriott Service!! This hotel is the most kid friendly hotel we have ever stayed at in all of our family travels.

Room Tip: park in the northwest tower parking area. it is much more convenient than the parking garage
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear david w,

We are thrilled that when you wanted to treat your family to a stay-cation, that you chose our hotel and that we did not disappoint!

Thank you for sharing that we are a great kid friendly family hotel and that you received the wonderful Marriott hospitality throughout your stay. We thank you for specially mentioning Michael Black who not only took care of special requests, but also checked on your during your stay to make sure all was going well.

Next time you want to get-away, we hope we can welcome you back.
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First, I want to say that I always stay at Marriott hotels when possible. I am a Marriott Platinum Member. After we decided to visit the theme parks for the holidays I looked around at the Marriott hotels closest to the Magic Kingdom. We ended up using 70,000 points to book 2 nights at the Orlando World Center. Upon arrival on 12/19 around 4PM I asked the valet guys where I could park while my husband went in to check in. There are several lanes when pulling into the hotel. 2 for valet and 1 for loading/unloading. After checking in we decided to take our own luggage and park our on car. When I asked the bellman about using the luggage cart I was told that you must use the bellhop to use the cart. OK...so we were unloading our 6 bags for 4 people. Two different attendants started "rushing" us to get our stuff. Mind you we weren't moving slowly at all. It seemed like they wanted to free up the space but no one was waiting on our space. My teenagers even commented on the "rushing". It took us about 4 min to unload...only that long because my husband informed me that he had to park in a parking garage and take a shuttle back to the hotel so we were trying to make sure we had everything out of the car. My husband parked the car. He didn't see the shuttle so he walked back to the hotel. I want to estimate that the parking garage is almost 1/2 mile from the hotel. There isn't a sidewalk that goes all the way from the parking garage to the hotel. The shuttle doesn't run on a steady schedule nor is their security along that path. After unloading our stuff in our room we walked back to the garage to head to the parks. Upon returning to the hotel on Friday night around 12:30 AM we parked our car in the garage and went to the shuttle stop to use the shuttle phone only to find it dead. SO we had to walk back in the dark, no sidewalks or security. It was even odd to me that there are no key cards required to enter this hotel from the outside side doors. Saturday morning we walked back to the garage again. We took 5 total round trips back and forth and NEVER saw the shuttle running. So, on Saturday night we changed to valet. (Valet was $27 and self parking was $18). If you are staying at this hotel you need to valet. Another issue I had was when I made the reservation I requested 2 beds and 1 roll away bed. This was on my confirmation. My husband confirmed this at check in. After arriving in our room and not finding the roll away I called the front desk. I was first told I couldn't have one but I could have a blow up mattress. I said no my reservation request had a roll away on it. Then I was put on hold and told I could have one but it was a fire hazard. I said okay send it on (My thoughts...if I request a roll away I should be placed in a room that has enough space for a roll away bed!) The bed was quickly delivered by a nice man who also offered me a fridge for the room. The room was clean and quiet but there were down sides to our room. The 2 beds were double beds which surprised me for Marriott. There was 1 trash can in this room at the desk. No trash cans at the sink or in the bathroom area. The balcony was big and you could see the fireworks from the Disney Parks. Our room number was 22336 and it was a corner room.

Room Tip: Room 22336 is a quiet corner room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Travel4Fun465,

As a Marriott Rewards® Platinum Member we want to first thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and let you know that we value you as a guest in our hotel.

We apologize if there were issues with our shuttle to and from the parking garage. There is no particular schedule as it runs as it is needed; however, we agree that it is unacceptable that the phone was inoperable during your stay. We have been alerted to this fact and our Maintenance Department has made the necessary repairs. Since our property is so comprehensive, we offer this shuttle as an amenity to guests so that they do not need to make the long walk if they do not choose to valet. We also offer complimentary shuttles to the theme parks which depart right from our lobby so that guests don't even need to worry about driving and parking while they are here with us.

With regard to loading and unloading your car, as a full-service hotel with a large number of arriving and departing guests, we do have bellmen who assist guests with their luggage which most guests prefer. Unfortunately we do not have a large capacity of luggage carts to loan them to guests so we do apologize that we were not able to let you use one due to insurance reasons. Again, our bellman are always more than happy to assist guests in loading and unloading their cars and delivering any amount of bags to your room so that you can relax and enjoy your vacation immediately upon arrival.

As to the roll away bed, there is never a guarantee. However, we do have a few double/double rooms with the legal size, per the fire department, to accommodate a roll away bed, with a double/double configuration. We do indeed have blow-up mattresses which are approved by the fire department for the other double/doubles. We do not have queen beds, only doubles or kings.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope you had an enjoyable stay in Orlando.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Orlando World Center Marriott Resort is definitely a wonderful property.
From our room attendant to Leon OBrien, Recreational Supervisor
and Brandon provided exceptional customer service. Both myself and my family were made to feel right at home. Thank you :)
Pools are wonderful. Kids enjoyed the water slide. Poolside service was brilliant. Food by the pool was lovely and reasonably priced. Was not impressed at all by Siro (Italian restaurant) inside the resort. Do not recommend this restaurant.
Rooms are spacious and clean. Have to say though that the beds were a little uncomfortable. Doubles are really small.
Would definitely recommend this resort!

Stayed December 2014
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear luvtravel029,

We are thrilled that our friends from Australia felt our hotel was an “amazing property," and that you received, "excellent customer service!”

Thank you for sharing you were pleased with your spacious room accommodations and that your room attendant Leon O'Brien, took great care of you. We are pleased to know you were made to feel right at home!
We are also glad to know that our Recreational Supervisor and Brandon provided exceptional customer service and that you found the pool area wonderful. Thank you for sharing how much fun the kids had with the water slides, that the poolside service was brilliant and that the food by the pool was lovely and reasonably priced.

You are a valued guest here at our Marriott and we hope when you return to Orlando again, we can welcome you back.
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel was very nice but It was really the staff that made this stay wonderful. Some people to mention are: Lucero, Manny and Cathy from breakfast Also both lady managers . What great assests they are to your company!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Foodie23620,

We are pleased you found our hotel very nice and that you found the staff fabulous!

We are pleased many of our associates took wonderful care of you and that you felt Lucero, Manny, Cathy and both lady managers are great assets to our company! We will be sure to pass-on your glowing accolades to all of them.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon into 2015!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I've been here before so I sort of new hotel was nice, what to expect etc. But I was blown away by house keeping (Jeanette) prior to leaving for the day I passed a young lady working in the room down the hall. She greeted us with a smile and was very pleasent. But here is the kicker. I guess Jeanette saw it was myself, my hubby and four small kids so she without asking gave us a few extra towels and amenities.... Which was GREATLY appreciated.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Angie B,

Making our guests feel welcome and well cared for are goals we strive to meet each and every day at our hotel. We are pleased to learn that one of our housekeepers, Jeanette, went the extra mile to provide the extras you needed for your family to be more comfortable while staying with us.

Thank you for letting us know about this special attention shown to you. We look forward to having you stay again some day soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We went to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival which is one of the reasons we chose this hotel. We had also stayed here before.This is a beautiful property. We were assigned a room which I asked to have changed and the staff were very accommodating.
We were also impressed with the "At Your Service" telephone feature. Here we could request additional items for the room from various departments.
Those staff members enable the guest to make one call and all requests are handled. The service was prompt. One staff member from that department, Tim Reilly, was very cheerful and very helpful.
The staff at the front desk were great. We would stay here again. It's convenient to all Disney properties.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on floor 7 and it was larger. It had two exposures and a nice couch
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Catherine M,

As a valued and returning guest, it makes us happy to know you find our resort, "a beautiful property." We are happy you found our front desk staff very accommodating and that your requests were taken care of quickly.

Thank you for sharing how impressed you were with the "At Your Service" telephone feature. We appreciate you sharing how this works and that additional items for the room from various departments are handled quickly with just one call. We are pleased that one of our associates, Tim was very cheerful,prompt and very helpful throughout your stay.

We are glad our location close to Disney worked for your plans and we look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Orlando again.

Been to Orlando World Center Marriott? Share your experiences!