“"Complementary Pool View"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando World Center Marriott

You added Orlando World Center Marriott to your Saves list
Orlando World Center Marriott
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8701 World Center Drive, Orlando, FL 32821 (Formerly Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Weekend Wintervention
Ranked #45 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
dallas,texas
“"Complementary Pool View"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When I checked in, the attendant noted that there were only King rooms left on the first floor-which I said was fine. When she continued to hesitate, I asked if she was saving those for someone else? she said yes for the handicapped. She then said would I mind a room with two double beds? I said fine and she said thank you--I will get you a room on the 5th floor with a complementary pool view ( seriously? was she thinking about charging me?-on a rainy winter week?) What she left out was that the complementary pool view came with a complementary pool audio of all loud announcements regarding the activities.... Otherwise, the people and restaurants were nice and I did get plenty of exercise walking around the conference.

Room Tip: Avoid the Pool View unless you don't mind the noise and make sure that they are not planning on...
Green Features: They did encourage you to forgo laundry service to stay green which I support
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
BASINGSTOKE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Marriott World Center is our favourite hotel where we have stayed on several previous occasions. We like the Teppanyaki restaurant and Hawk's landing and we were looking forward to eating there again. However last month when we checked in we learned that both restaurants were closed due to low hotel occupancy. Only one of them re-opened and that was on the last night of our stay. It was up to its usual excellent standard We had no advance warning of this.

The staff as usual were, for the most part efficient and friendly except for one very miserable waitress in Solaris. However Bouchra stood out as a waitress on whom others should base their work. She was friendly, efficient, courteous and brought our food in the correct order at breakfast, something two other waiters had failed to do. I commented to the restaurant manageress at the time.

This is a vast resort, but retains the personal touch. The Concierge in particular was very helpful in arranging transport on the Mears Buses and explaining our options. There are several useful shops, and a fast and efficient self-service laundry. The pool is huge, with welcome refreshment facilities alongside.

We were also disappointed by the fact that our room 10101 had a split hose in the shower. We reported it one morning and a repair crew came to try to fix it before we went out, very efficient. However when we returned from a day at one of the parks it was still not fixed and we had to summon a repair team before we could use the shower because it was back-firing very hot water, dangerous. Once sorted out, the bathroom worked well and the shower had easy, flat access. We asked for this because one of us is slightly disabled.

We would not describe this as a de-luxe hotel, with frills and prices to match. It is a very large, well-appointed resort, in the main competent in what it does. We do hope to return one day, and hope that this time the full restaurant service will be available, and would ask for confirmation in advance, before booking.

Room Tip: Don't take a room overlooking the pool area because it can get a little noisy at times.
Green Features: Not obviously different from many others. However a sudden drop in temperatures because of cold weather from the North should have resulted in a reduction in the air-conditioning settings but there didn't seem to be any difference and at times the hotel felt cold in some public areas.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had a great experience at the World Center on my trip into Orlando! When I arrived I was checked in by Ms. Lindsey Cheeks. She was extremely kind,efficient, and informative. She answered all my questions before I even asked them and I was disappointed when I didn't get to interact with her again. Before I even checked in at the hotel, Mike, who was the AYS man the night I called, not only gave me the 2 beds I requested but gave us a great view overlooking the resort pool. Kevin, the Concierge recommended a great breakfast place, Keke's, that is conservatively priced as well. Sheena, at check out was also helpful and kind in explaining and fixing my final statement. This place will always be my first choice coming into Orlando!

Room Tip: View overlooking the pool is great!
Green Features: Very great if you want to go to Disney World, and if you just want to Lounge at the hotel. It has it all!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Bodhi D,

We are always happy to hear that a valued guest had a great experience at the World Center! Thank you for letting us know that your check-in by Lindsey was quick and that she was extremely kind,efficient,and informative, answering all of your questions before you even asked! We are also glad that Sheena, at check out, was also helpful and kind in explaining and fixing your final statement. Making our guests comfortable and happy are our first priority.

We appreciate you also sharing that your room requests were taken care of and that you were pleased with your room accommodations and your beautiful views. it also makes us glad to know that our associates throughout your stay were friendly and helpful to you.

Thank you for sharing, "this place will always be your first choice coming into Orlando," and that, "It has it all!"
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Lihue
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've been staying at Marriott for about 30 years now - I'm a lifetime Gold Marriott Rewards person - based on actual number of lifetime stays - not some promotion. Unfortunately, Marriott, for the most part, has really gone down hill during those 30 years. However, we recently held a 100 person or so meeting at the World Center in Orlando property - and I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is ultra-modern - right down to the digitally controlled shower - yes, you can set the exact temperature of the shower digitally, as well as control three different shower heads. But, what was most impressive was the staff. Every staff person was incredibly helpful and they were all constantly asking how they could help. These seemed like hotel workers that really were enjoying what they do. Hats off to whomever trained the staff. I used to stay at the Hyatt when attending conferences at the Orange County Convention Center, but now will strongly consider the this Marriott. And, maybe some of this could rub off on some of the other Marriotts around the world?

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear rjabel77,

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer and for sharing a review of you recent stay with us. We are thrilled to know that the recent convention you held here went very well and that you were "very pleasantly surprised."

We are pleased you enjoyed some of the modern conveniences at the hotel including your digital controlled shower, being able to control the exact temperature of the shower, as well as controlling three different shower heads!

Most of all, we love hearing how impressive our staff was. We are pleased to know every staff person was incredibly helpful and that they were all constantly asking how they could help and that you felt they really enjoyed what they do! We will be sure to let our management team know how welcoming the staff was.

We hope the next time you visit Orlando for business or pleasure, we can welcome you back!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed there with my family early December, Edna and Bianca checked me in and they were wonderful. I had requested connecting rooms and they got them for me, they also provided me with all the important information about the hotel. It is a great hotel for a family vacation; they have nice heated pools and activities for the children, as well as several restaurants and bars. I loved my stay!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lucia C,

We are pleased to know your stay with us was enjoyable and that right from check-in, you were well taken care of! Thank you for sharing that Edna and Bianca at the front desk were wonderful. We are glad all your requests were taken care of and that they provided you with all the important information you needed about the hotel.

Thank you for sharing that we are a great hotel for a family vacation, offering heated pools and activities for the children, as well as several restaurants and bars for all to enjoy!

We hope we can welcome all of you back next time you are in Orlando.
Austinburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Nice course and exceptional staff! Super friendly and accommodating. The cart person, Suzanne, went above and beyond! It was particularly cold and she brought us coffee and a blanket going way out of her way to go to house keeping to get this.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Stanton34,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our golf course. We are thrilled to know you found the course nice and that our staff was exceptional, super friendly and very accommodating. We are happy to know Suzanne, one of our associates, went above and beyond to bring you coffee and blankets to keep you warm on the abnormally cold day you were golfing.
We hope we can welcome you back for another round, next time you visit the area!
Green Bay Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This complex is huge, there are 2,009 rooms! They have the best gym by far of any resort we have stayed in. Rooms are spacious, nice bathrooms with double sinks. We were there on business the week of December 7th and it is a great facility for that. If I was on vacation I prefer the Marriott Grande which is not very far from this resort. I do wish they could provide free internet as most hotels do! I think their price for internet is expensive when coupled with the room charge and parking charge.

Green Features: They provide a recycle bag in every room which makes it very easy.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear xyzgreenbay,

Thank you for sharing that you had a great week with us while here on business. We are pleased you felt we have the best gym by far of any resort you have stayed in and that you were able to take full advantage of it.

We are also pleased you found our rooms spacious, and that you liked the double sinks in the bathrooms. We are pleased to let you know that as of January 15th, we will be offering free in-room Wi-Fi when you book through our Marriott Rewards Program.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Been to Orlando World Center Marriott? Share your experiences!