Stayed at the Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center from Tue 10/21 - Sun 10/26 with my wife and 2 young sons. We were there on a family trip and to celebrate my son's 6th birthday. While we enjoyed the hotel (we ate there each night we were there and spent part of each day at the very nice pool), it is the service of the staff (and Alex, in particular) that compels me to write my (first ever) review.
Check-in with Mitch went smoothly. As Gold Elite members, we were upgraded to a 1BR suite that was very spacious. The interaction with Mitch was typical of the friendly and heelpful service we received from all of the staff. Alex, however, went above and beyond. I called the "At Your Service' desk one day to try to get a dinner reservation at one of their restaurants to celebrate my son's 6th birthday. I spoke with Alex who told me that the restaurant was not yet open that day to make a reservation but that he'd be happy to do it for me. After making the reservation, he asked if I had any special requests. I told him that we were celebrating my son's 6th birthday and that after dinner I'd like to get him a piece of his favorite cake, vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. I asked if that restaurant or any others on property had that type of cake because, if not, we would go out to buy a cake for him. After checking, Alex told me that none of their restaurants had the cake but that if I gave him a day he'd figure something out for me.
The following morning I got a call from Alex to tell me that there'd be a delivery to my room at 6:30p that night. When we came up from dinner that night, there was a beautiful cake, with a personalized message on it and a handwritten note from Alex wishing my son a happy birthday. Apparently Alex asked the hotel to make a cake for my son. Needless to say, my son (and his younger brother) were thrilled. We enjoyed the cake for 3 nights!
While a convention center is a little large for us, my wife and I were very appreciative of the staff for their attentive care during our stay. Alex, of course, stood out. As such, we would definitely return there for another trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Already one of the nation's most impressive hotels, Orlando World Center Marriott features the ultimate in comfort and style, just minutes from the city's hottest attractions, entertainment and dining options. And now, with refreshed suites, an all-new pool area, three water slides, a reconcepted on-site restaurant and more, our world gets better every day. Recently completed renovations include new Suites, surround yourself with the comfort of island-like tranquility whether resting up after your event or catching up on some work. Starbucks(R) has been redesigned and expanded to resemble those found on neighborhood street corners across the country and features additional seating for networking. The Falls Pool has offers a refreshing new pool experience featuring an expanded pool deck and function lawn for poolside events. Siro: Urban Italian Kitchen opened January 2013, a rustic-style venue aimed at showcasing fresh and authentic family-style Italian cuisine with local farm inspiration. Experience the new Falls Pool Bar & Grill offering refreshing beverages and casual dining, a renovated game room with interactive games and a Kid's Zero Entry Pool and water playground with fountains, bubblers, water mushrooms, in-ground spray jets, water cannons and lily pads. Finally, slide into summer with a new slide tower featuring two, 200-foot winding water slides and one, 90-foot speed water slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Orlando World Center Resort And Convention Center
- Marriott Orlando World Center Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Marriott