“Attentive staff (especially Alex)!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8701 World Center Drive, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #36 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
“Attentive staff (especially Alex)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center from Tue 10/21 - Sun 10/26 with my wife and 2 young sons. We were there on a family trip and to celebrate my son's 6th birthday. While we enjoyed the hotel (we ate there each night we were there and spent part of each day at the very nice pool), it is the service of the staff (and Alex, in particular) that compels me to write my (first ever) review.
Check-in with Mitch went smoothly. As Gold Elite members, we were upgraded to a 1BR suite that was very spacious. The interaction with Mitch was typical of the friendly and heelpful service we received from all of the staff. Alex, however, went above and beyond. I called the "At Your Service' desk one day to try to get a dinner reservation at one of their restaurants to celebrate my son's 6th birthday. I spoke with Alex who told me that the restaurant was not yet open that day to make a reservation but that he'd be happy to do it for me. After making the reservation, he asked if I had any special requests. I told him that we were celebrating my son's 6th birthday and that after dinner I'd like to get him a piece of his favorite cake, vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. I asked if that restaurant or any others on property had that type of cake because, if not, we would go out to buy a cake for him. After checking, Alex told me that none of their restaurants had the cake but that if I gave him a day he'd figure something out for me.
The following morning I got a call from Alex to tell me that there'd be a delivery to my room at 6:30p that night. When we came up from dinner that night, there was a beautiful cake, with a personalized message on it and a handwritten note from Alex wishing my son a happy birthday. Apparently Alex asked the hotel to make a cake for my son. Needless to say, my son (and his younger brother) were thrilled. We enjoyed the cake for 3 nights!
While a convention center is a little large for us, my wife and I were very appreciative of the staff for their attentive care during our stay. Alex, of course, stood out. As such, we would definitely return there for another trip.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear jimchalifoux,

Thank you for sharing your review of your great stay with us and how much you appreciated our staff. We are thrilled to know form your check-in with Mitch, and Alex's special attention to your son's birthday that you felt you were well taken care of and received the personal service and attention you and your family deserved. Thank you for sharing how Alex went above and beyond to have the exact favorite cake made to celebrate your son's birthday. Marriott takes great pride in their hospitality and we are thrilled to know we did not disappoint.
We hope when you visit Orlando again, we can welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was here for a veterinary conference. My hotel was overbooked and they sent me here. I was put in a room in a wing that was under construction. I was awakened very early by a man on scaffolding directly outside my window. The noise was nonstop. I work from my room when I travel and cold not do so here. The noise was ridiculous. The staff at check in was terrible. I tried to get a room in a quieter part of the hotel, but was told there was nothing available. I bring my family when I travel if possible. Because if the noise and construction, my daughter was unable to do much. The breakfast buffet was not refreshed so very limited selection by the time we got there. Only positive is my conference was at this hotel. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tara L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our resort. You're a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We apologize that your stay with us was not satisfactory and for the inconvenience the renovation caused as we continue to keep our hotel and services at the level of excellence our guests have grown accustom to.
We hope you will return and give us an opportunity to service you again.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great experience with accomodating my room request from both Daisy & Mitch. Their excellent customer service at check-in was truly appreciated....fantastic way to begin 3 days away from home. Kudos to Marriott Orlando World Center for these 2 associates!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear KNewt3,

Thank you for sharing that you felt our customer service earned an A+! We are thrilled to hear that your check-in was easy and that your special requests were handled with to your liking. Thank you for sharing that Daisy and Mitch were instrumental in helping you to have an enjoyable stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back again, next time you are in Orlando.
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Besides the pool, this is not a resort. It is a convention center with a nice pool. If you are a regular hotel guest, even a Marriott platinum member, you will receive minimal service at best. The first day we did not get housekeeping service, even though they were on our floor in the AM and we weren't in our room. It took over 48 hours and 4 calls for a simple request to remove the snack tray from our room. Day 3 we didn't receive any towels. Drying off with a washcloth is not the best way to end your day.
The best though was the party thrown for the convention center guests that was said to last until 10:30. The very loud band was still going at nearly midnight. Hundreds of people screaming around the pool. THEN they decided to take a part the stage at 3AM. Hammering metal over and over at 3AM is impossible to sleep through as it echoes throughout the hotel. Why anyone would think that taking down a stage at 3 AM is a smart thing to do is beyond me when half of the rooms surround the hotel. I could hear people yelling out their doors telling them to stop. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear louiesmom04,

We appreciate you sharing your comments about your recent stay. Every guest is incredibly important to us and we always want to hear their feedback about their experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance and inconvenience this event caused. It was certainly an unusual circumstance.

As far as your housekeeping issues, we clearly fell down in this regard during your stay. We will be discussing this review with our housekeeping department to see what the issues were and to ensure that this does not happen again.

We are proud of our resort for being able to appeal to both leisure vacationers and conference goers. As a resort that can accommodate large conferences in a conference center that is set away from the rest of the property, we occasionally contract certain areas of the resort for special events. We have plans in place to ensure that these events have minimal impact on our guests including extended hours at our other pools and restaurants. This event was scheduled for the Falls Pool area and our other pools and dining locations remained open for enjoyment.

Upon further research into this situation, the event production company chose to break down the staging, at what many would consider at inappropriate time, but it was done so, in order for the pool and restaurant to be ready and accessible to guests in the morning. Clearly this caused some disturbances to you and other guests and for this we are incredibly sorry and are indeed very aware of the situation.

We have gone back to the event production company along with our event planning team and resort management to identify a solution and plans for execution for future events (such as alternate locations for stages if a band is scheduled) and more appropriate timing for the work to take place.

We appreciate the time you took to tell us of your dissatisfaction as it enables us to continue to enhance our service delivery to ALL guests as we do indeed value our leisure guests just as much as our conference guests and want everyone to feel equally at home and well taken care of.
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Marriott World Center Resort this past weekend for a family trip around my birthday. The hotel, particularly the pool area, was fantastic. Check-in, when we go there, was easy. However, there were other times that we could see that we lucked out because the check-in lines were crazy. But, back to the pool. Our room had a resort view so our entry into the room (which was like any other nice hotel room) and then onto the veranda/deck was like that commercial on TV when the whole family is bedraggled from traveling UNTIL they enter the room. The view of the pool area made my whole day.

We dined at one of the restaurants during our stay. We ate at the grill outside by the pool a couple of times - really, really expensive - but good. It's all about the ambience right? Right! My kids and I loved the water slides, the kiddie pool are and the little hot tub near the Kiddie area. That was a big hit for everyone. It was clean and lovely.

There were three or four conventions this past weekend. To be honest, I would absolutely stay there again, but in the future I will ask about which conventions are going on. Friday night and Saturday were complete driving nightmares because one of the convenstions was Latin American Amway. It was a hot mess! On Saturday morning, the traffic into the hotel was so jammed that the roads were blocked. The free shuttle to Disney (you have to pay a resort fee for the shuttle, internet, and the ability to use the slides at the pool), was an hour late - the bus couldn't get through. Hotel Valet staff started putting cars on the golf course. All of these people weren't staying at the hotel. Maybe the Hotel needs to do a better job of finding these things out. I used to do Amway and I went to my fair share of conventions. You had to buy tickets. So the organizers of the event should have been able to tell the hotel how many people they were expecting. Surely thousands didn't just decide to show up that morning. Also, at 2 a.m. on Friday/Saturday, people were still up and making noise around the pool area. The hotel should have put a kibash on that. I spoke to someone while waiting an hour for the shuttle and she told me that she also heard the noise and even though she called the front desk to complain, no one answer the phone. Anyway, the parking issue is my only complaint. We had a great time! I had a great birthday trip.

Room Tip: I would choose a room with resort view every time. We weren't high up in the tower. It was good...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
MarriottTeamMember, Executive Offices at Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Suzanne746,

We thank you for sharing that you had a great family trip to Orlando and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing that your check-in was easy and quick and that you were all very pleased with your room accommodations. We are happy to know you were able to enjoy the fun pool area and a few of the eateries in the hotel.
We do apologize for the heavy traffic while we had a convention going on and also for the late evening noise that went on at the pool area. We have received a few comments about this issue and are taking a look at how we can handle the heavy traffic flow better and also have guests not part of the convention, accommodated in another area of the hotel.
Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

From the minute I entered the resort-i had outstanding customer service! Mitch was so very helpful upon check-in, and for the duration of my stay was available to help, was quick and intuitive when assisting me. The housekeeping person on my floor greeted me and thanked me for choosing Marriott, all wait staff were exceptional. I had a wonderful experience while there! Thanks especially to Mitch (front desk) and Jade!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sharon H,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our associates, Mitch and Jade, as part of your positive experience at our hotel. Our staff strives hard each and everyday to make each guest feel welcome and well cared for and it sounds like we did not disappoint! We will be sure to pass-on your glowing accolades to them.
We look forward to welcoming you back some day soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Thank you to the awesome Marriott Orlando World Center Resort and Convention Center staff who made my birthday very special. A special shout out to Walter M at the front desk. Loved the new pool area - fun for adults and families!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Denise F,

Thank you for letting us know we helped to make you Birthday an enjoyable time while staying with us. We are thrilled that Walter at the front desk took such good care of you and that you loved the new pool area.
We hope to welcome you back next time you visit Orlando.

Been to Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!