Marriott World Center is a huge hotel, which took us awhile to navigate. It's an upscale place with one of my favorite golf courses "Hawk's Landing". I always wanted to stay here and just walk from the resort right to the golf facility.
The room was a nice size, with king bed and couch. Bed was comfortable and view from balcony looked over to Disney theme park. I would recommend this, as you could see the fireworks going off each evening around 10:30.
The one thing about the room was that it had a musty or sweat smell. I think with being in Florida, it is usually muggy, and I have run into this before. A little surprised though, that this being a Marriott, and the higher cost, that it was the first thing that hit us.
One of my biggest let downs was the taxi ride over to this place. Didn't think I needed a car from the airport, but that is a lesson learned. The taxi I expected to be in the $20 to $30 range. It ended at $48 without tip. I had words with the driver and he assured me that it was a good deal. Turns out, that the taxi ride back to the airport was $61 without tip. This cost with the fact that all of the restaurants in the resort are expensive. We had breakfast included in our room and the bill would have been $51 for two of us to eat at the buffet. Excellent food, but come on, $51 plus tip for breakfast? If you wanted to eat off the resort, forget about it. There is nothing around this place except a good Mexican restaurant 25 minute walk down the road. Anything else, you need a taxi. TIP: RENT A CAR.
We came here for a weekend and enjoyed many things about this place. Would return, but will have a car and eat off the resort. Average meal for two, example: hamburger, fries, a beer, iced tea, will run you $50 to $70. Ouch!
The big positives of this place, the pool is great and they are building multiple water slides and like I said before the golf is excellent. But pricey as well, $477 for two on a three day membership, all you can play.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Orlando World Center Resort And Convention Center
- Marriott Orlando World Center Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Marriott Orlando World Center Hotel
- Orlando Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Already one of the nation's most impressive hotels, Orlando World Center Marriott features the ultimate in comfort and style, just minutes from the city's hottest attractions, entertainment and dining options. And now, with refreshed suites, an all-new pool area, three water slides, a reconcepted on-site restaurant and more, our world gets better every day. Recently completed renovations include new Suites, surround yourself with the comfort of island-like tranquility whether resting up after your event or catching up on some work. Starbucks(R) has been redesigned and expanded to resemble those found on neighborhood street corners across the country and features additional seating for networking. The Falls Pool has offers a refreshing new pool experience featuring an expanded pool deck and function lawn for poolside events. Siro: Urban Italian Kitchen opened January 2013, a rustic-style venue aimed at showcasing fresh and authentic family-style Italian cuisine with local farm inspiration. Experience the new Falls Pool Bar & Grill offering refreshing beverages and casual dining, a renovated game room with interactive games and a Kid's Zero Entry Pool and water playground with fountains, bubblers, water mushrooms, in-ground spray jets, water cannons and lily pads. Finally, slide into summer with a new slide tower featuring two, 200-foot winding water slides and one, 90-foot speed water slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.