“Comfortable meeting lodging” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #71 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Boca Raton, FL
“Comfortable meeting lodging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel does meetings well.....they juggle many groups at a time with ease. It is large enough that it never feels crowded. Comfortable rooms, good meeting space, nice lounge, and great buffet breakfast -albeit pricey.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GuestCareCoordinator, Guest Care Coordinator at Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
wendis, thank you for your review and great feedback!

2,375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
Montgomery, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here for a national event with my company. The grounds of this hotel are immaculate and I certainly enjoyed the beautiful weather (I avoided superstorm Nemo in the northeast). Upon checking in, I was notified that my king-bed room had a balcony that wouldn't unlock due to exterior construction. I inquired about moving to a room with an accessible balcony, and was pleased that the check-in attendant was able to not only accommodate my request, but gave me a room with a great view of the nearby Disney nightly fireworks (9pm and 10pm).

I was disappointing with 2 of the 3 hotel restaurants we tried. The first, a "tapas" restaurant (which is new, can't remember the name and it's not listed on their website), we waited for about 10 minutes at the table without being approached by a server. As we perused the menu, we realized that nothing really sounded all that great and the prices were sky-high. We decided to leave, and as luck would have it our server approached us as we were standing to walk away. She was very polite and, when asked, kindly recommended another restaurant/sportsbar. When we got to the sports bar, called High Velocity, we were pleasantly suprised at the attentiveness of all 3 hostesses as well as our waitress. The service was good, the food was decent. For breakfast, we had the buffet at Solaris, which was very well-kept and offers just about every option you can think of. Service there was exceptional.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Barrington, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at this property 1/15-1/19 while we made the rounds of the typical Orlando parks. We chose this hotel because we had accumulated enough reward points to nearly pay for the entire hotel stay. We reserved one king room with an adjoining double room for the kiddos.

The hotel is HUGE. Very nicely appointed, on par with other Marriott properties. Staff is efficient and courteous. Our needs were met, but not exceeded. This really isn't a hotel for casual vacationers with families - it's geared for business conference attendees. At the time of our stay, there were 3 separate conferences going on, with all the attendant hustle and bustle. Not too many families to be seen.

The lobby is your basic, mid-scale large convention hotel standard. There is a gift shop (didn't go in - appeared to mainly have expensive tchotchkes for tourists), a Starbucks and a restaurant under construction. A lot about this hotel is under construction, unfortunately.

The main restaurant is around the corner from the lobby - nothing fancy, but there is a nice breakfast buffet. On all three mornings we visited, we had to remind them of the "kids eat free" package attached to our reservation. Not that it was a problem to resolve, it was just an annoyance that shouldn't have had to be dealt with. Food was good, service was outstanding. Average on the whole - the service was the saving grace of this restaurant.

Rooms were clean and adequately sized. Connecting rooms are definitely the way to go! Bathrooms spotless, lots of towels and the little toiletries are actually something I'd buy in full size (they smell fantastic!). Each room has a small balcony with a table and chairs. As ours overlooked a parking area, we weren't too interested in using it. We were told we had a "Disney view room". I suppose we did, since, if you squinted your eyes and looked really hard, you could make out the Epcot sphere. I think maybe we could also see the castle at Magic Kingdom, but I was never sure. We honestly didn't care about our view, but if a room is described (and priced!) as a room with a park view, then I kind of expect to get one, you know? We only paid for 1 night out of 4, so I really can't complain, I guess.

Valet services are expensive, slow and indifferent. We had moderately long waits for our car every morning despite having called ahead - 30 minutes, in most cases. When my husband asked whether our car was on the way, he was met with a very curt "it'll be here soon. We are very busy, as you can see". They were somewhat busy, but with the number of valet attendants on duty they shouldn't have been. I may be wrong, but it seemed that the conference attendees were serviced before other guests. On our last day, we had enough of this, and told the head valet that. Our car was brought around in the same slow manner as before, but we were given a couple bottles of water. Wow. What a gesture.

The main pool is closed for renovation and upgrading. From the drawings, the final product looks to be pretty awesome. The smaller pool is open, however. It's a basic hotel outdoor pool, clean and has adequate seating. The weather was a bit cool for me to swim, but my husband and kids had a nice time.

The hotel is very convenient to the area attractions. Five minutes to the Disney parks, 30 minutes to Legoland - not too shabby.

Overall, I'd stay here again with my family if we had another boatload of points for a free stay. Otherwise, I'd only stay here again if I was attending a conference - this place is first rate for a conference.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here last week while attending my company's annual kick-off meeting (my first time) and I found the property to be very well staffed, clean, and comfortable. The people behind the desks were friendly and courteous and there was ample staff in the convention center to point you to the correct meeting rooms (of which there are many). The food, beverages, and snacks during breaks at the meeting were above average, tasty and well-prepared. The room was clean, with more than enough towels and toiletry items. You can enter the convention area from the main part of the hotel, or from corridors on the bottom floor, which was convenient. I didn't find those corridors, or the retail shops until the day before I left (darn). The pool renovation looks like it's going to be beautiful when done. Between meetings and dinners, there was no time to miss out on it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GuestCareCoordinator, Guest Care Coordinator at Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
auntiedonna, thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to hear you had a great time during your conference. I hope you will make plans to stay with us again when you are in the Orlando area.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at the Marriott for a Veterinary Conference.

The Veterinary Conference is, in my view, one of the best I have ever been to and this did not fail to disappoint, however I felt let down by the Marriott.

On arrival there was not a Bell man in sight and a huge queue at reception. We had enough time for both of us to register at the conference - and in the USA this a fair walk!! - whilst one of us remained in the check-in queue and gradually moved forward.

I did not get the room I expected - two beds, rather than one king size one as requested. I was also asked if I wanted a room near the conference centre and was then allocated one half a mile away (again in USA terms, probably is interpreted as "near".

I also note the Marriott have conveniently omitted by "rewards number" from the invoice.

On a more positive note the pool improvements are great and the pools really nice.

This is an amazing hotel in many ways - but I can't help feeling it will be the Gaylord Palms next year.

Room Tip: We had a really nice two bed room - it was just not what we booked.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here for a conference in early January. Large standard layout US bedrooms - clean, comfortable, everything you need. Cavernous conference centre attached to the hotel (check on whether this is being used if you don't want to be in amongst a bunch of suits). There was a lot of building work going on around the pool area when I was there. If I'd been on vacation, I would have been unimpressed as it was quite noisy and disruptive with some facilities closed. If you're going in early 2013, I'd check on whether the pool area construction work had been completed. Special mention to the lobby and bar staff who were most helpful, attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: West Tower bedrooms are a long way from the lobby. East Tower is closest.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We normally try to stay clear of huge hotels. But we were using Marriott points and we thought we'd give it a try. This hotel had also been recommended by a friend. We were going to self park but when we found out there was a shuttle because the lot was far, we decided to valet. When my husband saw the line at the desk to check in, he was not a happy camper but we were both surprised how quickly the line moved. They put us in the North Tower on the 19th floor with a spectacular view. The service at the desk was excellent. (Thank you Pjay!) I guess because we are Marriott Rewards members, drinks and ice cream were sent to our room. (our parking was comped also) That was fun. Our room was nice, clean and had a great view. Very comfortable bed, which has become a lot more important to me. We used the spa the next day and we were very happy with the facilities, amenities and service. I thought the spa prices were reasonable. Even though we like smaller hotels, we were fairly impressed with this Marriott, which is huge. The biggest negative is it's size; it is very spread out and things can be a walk.... but we were impressed with the service, amenities and cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review and for your loyalty to Marriott. I am glad to see you had an excellent time and got to enjoy some of the great amenities here at the World Center such as the Spa. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Marriott Orlando World Center Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!