“Not fun for food allergies, but fun otherwise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of T-Rex

T-Rex
1676 East Buena Vista Dr., Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Lake Buena Vista)
407-828-8739
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not fun for food allergies, but fun otherwise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I went here with my family on a Sunday morning, put in a reservation at about 10:30 am before they opened and was handed a ticket to come back at 11 am when they opened. When we returned at opening there was no wait for us. We were seated in the Ice Cave section where the walls would change color often, very fun for my 4 yr old son. This restaurant is newer and has a little more excitement then the Rainforest Cafe that this chain owns in Downtown Disney. Our experience was all around fun with hot yummy food and unique drinks however we didn't receive great help when it came to asking about food allergens. My waitress was great and told me a chef would come out and talk to me about what my son could eat with his soy allergy. The chef stood far from me on the other side of the table even though half our table was empty, we were a party of three. I had to make the suggestions off the menu and ask if there was soy in it, the chef helped me but seemed less then thrilled to talk with a customer. In the end we ordered an allergen safe meal. Food allergies are hard for families to navigate, I would be totally more then happy to read over an allergen menu and place our order myself however this establishment doesn't offer that. For anyone with food allergies just be prepared to have to talk with a chef and expect that they know what they're talking about. It is a fun restaurant, but not fun when you have to ask a chef to go out of their way to help you.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Westerville, Ohio
“Fun for Dinosaur Lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We recently visited Downtown Disney and ate lunch in this restaurant for my 8 year old dinosaur loving son. We didn't have reservations but arrived right at 11:00 am and were able to get a table right away. We very much enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant including the frequent meteor showers which added to the ambiance. The meals were somewhat pricey, but we expected that from any place near Disney. We all had the half-roasted chicken which was very tasty and the quantity was large as well. Service was good for Disney area too. I might add that if you try to get reservations on the on-line Disney reservation system, they might look as if they are all booked up (and this happened to us). They told me in the restaurant that they only allot so many tables to Disney and that you can usually call the restaurant directly for reservations.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Must've been something in the air”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Okay how to do I put this and not sound stupid. This was the most enjoyable meal I've ever had in my entire life. Now with that being said I think there was just the right amount of stuff going on that all came together at the right time to make this happen. A quick back story. We got to Disney World late Saturday evening. We grabbed a pizza and ate. The next day was our first day ever at Disney, in a park. We went and spent 14 hours I think at Magic Kingdom. We didn't eat much that day because of all the things to do. The next day we had planned to go to Hollywood Studios. We dragged ourselves there and within 5 hours we were just toasted. Done. Needing food, drinks, more food, and rest. We left early and we decided to head to Downtown Disney for our T-Rex meal. We were doing here because our little girl loves Dinosaurs and this place looked like an experience. So we get there super early for our reservations and they went ahead and seated us. We got to sit back in the back in a nice, dark room that was cold. We ordered our food and drinks and waited. Then it happened. The nice lady laid my Bacon Cheeseburger down on the table and a tear fell from my eye. I'd never seen anything better in my life. I picked up the burger and took a bite out of it and I was in Heaven. I heard angles sing and dinosaurs roar. The meal was so good. The other two people with me also agreed after everything this was the best meal we had our entire trip. I don't think I can every experience it again, because it all just worked out right. We have been back since and it wasn't the same but still very good. I'm going to try to find my picture on my phone and upload it to this review so all of you can look and see what I'm talking about. The services was great and friendly, the manager came by and said hello. The place looks cool inside and out. Yes the prices can get on up there but if you go in here you should know that before you go in. We all loved this place and will return every time we're in Orlando.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westminster, Maryland
“Very impressive, would love to see some around Maryland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were in downtown Disney last week, saw the tree cafe, walked up and got a table! This is very similar to the rainforest cafe only with dinosaurs and what I think is a volcanic eruption instead of a thunderstorm. My kids, husband and I had such a good time here. I got one of the best burgers I've ever had, very flavorful with a fresh bun. The decor was so well done...we highly recommend! I will say this, there were some children in there who were two or three who were horrified by the eruption that takes place every twenty minutes or so, but my kids are seven and eight and they loved it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Powys - UK
“Nice place and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

ate her a couple of times on our trip we found it a nice place and surprisingly good food, we were a couple so at times it was noisey and we were invaded by kids wanting pics by dinosaurs near us. I think 2 trips in 3 weeks was enough more and the noise and excitement would get annoying.

Visited September 2013