“You have to find it but it's worth the effort” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Longwood, Florida
“You have to find it but it's worth the effort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We went there with a group of about 16 which strained but did not break the service. The food which includes Pizza and Italian dishes was good, I resisted but I was told the Tamarimasu (sp) was yummy.

This isn't fancy it's a pizzeria and it meets the needs and then some.

It's in the back of a shopping center and I wouldn't have known it was there without specifically looking it up so it may take some finding. But try it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Clermont, Florida
“As close to home as I've found in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Having just relocated from Philadelphia and having gone to school outside NYC, I'm a bit of a pizza freak.... I LOVE thin crust 'NY style pizza'

Trouble is there's something in the water you just can't reproduce, well Del-Dio comes REALLY close.

A friend recommended it for our lunch meeting, I almost didn't find it tucked away in the back of the shopping center. Nothing fancy, typical north east take out pizza place with a couple of tables... but it was comfortable

We started with Fried Calamari - light golden brown and crisp, not greasy and served with a nice, light marinara sauce with slivers of garlic. Our server also brought some great bread, something close to squares of focaccia. Warms chewy with garlic, herbs and cheese with olive oil dipping sauce. My colleague had cheese ravioli - a good sized portion with a fresh marinara sauce. I tried a Special personal pizza - Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Sausage, Peppers, Onions,
Meatballs. Hot and crisp with plenty of toppings - the best pizza I have found since moving to Orlando.

Only drawback is that I live on the other side of Orlando - it's definitely worth the trip.. I hope I have lots of business on that side of town!

• Visited November 2013
Orlando
“Saturday Special - Shrimp Parmigiana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This special was really great. I asked the waitress how the shrimp were cooked and she said they were fried. I never heard of shrimp parmigiana before, but what the heck, it was the special of the day. The prices here at this small friendly restaurant are affordable. The restaurant is on the south side of East Colonial and also around back of the shopping center and It overlooks the small Orlando airport that the smaller planes use. I asked the man behind the counter if he made the food and he smiled and said yes, I have been in here since 7:00 this morning baking and making all the food fresh. He said he had been at this location for 27 years.

The special came with a crisp side salad, two pieces of freshly baked bread that looked similar to corn bread and came with dipping oil. The portion of the main dish was very generous so I took half home to my husband Jerry. I really wanted the eat the leftovers myself, but had promised it to Jerry. After Jerry finished the leftovers he said "that was the best Italian food I have ever eaten." Take your family and friends here and enjoy a great casual meal.

The menu has hot and cold subs, soups, hamburgers & fries, pizza and pizza by the slice, pasta dishes, and more variety of items. They have carry out and delivery. This was my first visit, but it won't be my last.

• Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Pizzeria Del-Dio is hidden toward the back of the Colonial Landing shopping center, facing Orlando's Executive Airport. Maguire Blvd. is the closest street to it. John the owner and his staff are very friendly, welcoming you as you enter. The pizza is fabulous with a thin New York style crust. My favorite pizza is the Pizza Bianco with spinach, wonderful. The strombolis are great, and so is everything I`v had here. My favorite dinner is the Eggplant Rollatini, but everything I`ve had has been fabulous. The cannolis are to die for; they fill them as they are ordered so the shell is crisp and the filling creamy...heavenly!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Never fails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Have gone here since they opened. Very consistent vs. some of the local pizza joints. Good quality. Decent service.

Visited March 2012