Read some of the other reviews, and then bring your own soap and shampoo.There is even an exchange there to buy it. A Disney vacation is expensive enough,but this hotel makes it a lot more affordable.
We have stayed here several times and will be back. The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable. We have always had great service . You can walk to the Polynesian Hotel, or take one of the hotel buses to the transportation center or other park.
We did have the breakfast buffet on Sunday, plenty of choices, and again a great price compared to the any of the Disney park restaurants.
We didn't use the pools, but they look like they would be fine for taking a break from the other activities.
There is a sports bar we went to to watch a college game, not many people in there, ( I think they were all at the ESPN zone, we couldn't get in there) Big screen TV's, snacks, beer and ,mixed drinks available. There were video games and pool tables too.
This may not be the place for everyone, if you want all the "Mickey " feelings, but I think this is one of the best kept secrets out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shades of Green Resort is a military-owned resort within Walt Disney World and is exclusively for military guests and their families. Information on eligibility and reservations can be found on the Shades of Green website. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shades Of Green Resort Disney World
- Shades Of Green Resort Walt Disney World
- Shades Of Green Resort Orlando