This place is perfect for a family trying to have an affordable, convenient Disney trip. Resort is attractive enough, rooms are big, and there are plenty of low cost dining options. The only downside is there are no fancy amenities. Rooms don't have extras like bar soap, lotion, facility/tv guides, etc. For example the hand soap for the sink was like a clear plastic bottle with no labels that they just keep refilling customer after customer and there was an automatic generic shampoo dispenser in the shower. Linens are minimal, only 1 pillow per person. Stuff like that. All the food options were just okay but they didn't cost much and kids can eat free a lot of the places so you don't really care. You can't get any closer to the Magic Kingdom than this resort for cheaper so it is what it is. I would still definitely stay here again with my kids. BTW, if you don't feel like waiting for buses to magic kingdom you can walk across the street to the Polynesian and get on the monorail or watertaxi there. It's like an extra 1/4 mile of walking but you don't have to deal with an extra bus and the ticket/transportation center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shades of Green Resort is a military-owned resort within Walt Disney World and is exclusively for military guests and their families. Information on eligibility and reservations can be found on the Shades of Green website. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shades Of Green Resort Disney World
- Shades Of Green Resort Walt Disney World
- Shades Of Green Resort Orlando