As others have said,the prices and amenities of Shades of Green can be beaten elsewhere- but not on Disney property itself. If you value being near the monorail, having access to early and late hours at the park, good bus service, covered parking, and security, this is the place for you. As far as walking , go look at the Polynesian. It's a lot farther from their outlying buildings to the lobby or your car.
I stayed at Shades the last week in October when there were lots of activities for children- trick or treating, face painting, a balloon man- Plus the children's buffet at breakfast and dinner.There was a pumpkin decorating contest in the lobby. Pumpkins were decorated by the various staff departments and the public voted for their favorites My sister who was visiting me, liked the pumpkins so much she came back another day and voted again..My room was clean; the towels new; and there was a small refrigerator. I pre-ordered my tickets for the parks and they were waiting for me at the desk when I arrived. I do wish they had real soap and shampoo and that the lighting in the bathroom was better.I really liked the breakfast buffet. I have stayed at this hotel many times and always felt safe and enjoyed it. As far as the cost, they often have specials including the breakfast buffet for less than the usual price of a room. The room charge also varies according to the service member's rank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shades of Green Resort is a military-owned resort within Walt Disney World and is exclusively for military guests and their families. Information on eligibility and reservations can be found on the Shades of Green website. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shades Of Green Resort Disney World
- Shades Of Green Resort Walt Disney World
- Shades Of Green Resort Orlando