We arrived at the hotel around 7pm and found that our room had already been given away. Worked out great as they gave us a suite instead! Our room was very nice, about the size of a medium sized one bedroom apartment with a small kitchen that included a full size refrigerator and a dishwasher.
Only thing I did not care for in our room was the shower. Most hotels have gone to the semicircle shower curtain rods that give you a little more elbow room in tiny hotel tubs, this one had not. It did have a retractable clothesline in the shower for wet clothes, something I have never seen in a hotel room before.
The TGI Fridays was nice to have onsite. All the servers we had were nice, breakfast buffet was good but a little steep on price, about $15 a person after a drink and tip.
It’s rare to find a hotel pool over 6 feet deep, this one had an 8’ deep end! No hot tub though but they did have a kiddy pool. Of the two times we visited the pool they only had towels available once, but the area did seem to be well kept. The pool is a little awkward to get to. They have signs prohibiting bare feet and wet bathing suits in the lobby area so when leaving the pool you have to walk down a hot outdoor walkway filled with noisy air conditioner units to go into a door next to the elevators.
The hotel provides free shuttle service to Universal and a few other area attractions however the morning we went to Universal Studios the shuttle was 45 minutes late. This is not the Hotel’s fault though as it seems to be contracted to another company. After waiting to ride over we realized we could have walked to the park so rather than wait for the shuttle in the evening we made the 20 minute walk back to the hotel from the park.
A couple small annoyances. No Wifi in the room, just a wired connection. Rather annoying when you have two people sharing a room that have laptops. Hotel also allows dogs and our neighbor’s barked all evening one night until its owner returned. Guess they didn’t get the memo about not leaving their dog unattended in the room!
Other than the few minor things I mentioned we had a great stay at this hotel and would likely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando