Room was clean, updated. Had the basic requirements like fridge,microwave, iron, desk. TV stations were non exsistent, only 3-4 channels and when travelling with kids, got to have proper cable. Wifi was an issue, only worked on one side of the room. Hot water worked great and rooms were nicely cleaned. Staff is good. It is a like a 20 min walk to Universal but shuttle is provided that leaves in the a.m and make sure to sign up for it at the desk otherwise no seats available. Taxi service costs $7 one way and that can add up. With little kids, dont expect to walk to Universal, too hot and already plenty of walking in the parks. Burger king, walgreens, Mc Donalds and a couple of restaurants are like 2 blocks walking distance but there are hotels even closer so you may want to take that into account. Pool was nothing great, mediocre. Not much to do around the hotel area except the Parks. My advice would be to book something on International Drive, it has everything in one place....DD coffee, restaurants, shopping, $ stores. It is like a 10-15 min drive to Universal but if your using the shuttle service it doenst matter and if you dont feel like spending all day at the Parks, atleast theres so much to do in walking distance on International Dr. then staying closer to the Park and have nothing to do at night but stare at the road to the Parks. Also nightly fireworks at Parks are not visible from this holiday Inn hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando