We stayed for a convention being held at the Lowes Portofino, but didn't want to pay the $300/night price. Instead, we got a great advance rate here for a group of 14! I booked 2 rooms, a 2-bedroom suite and another 1 bedroom suite to accommodate us all comfortably. It had a full size fridge, no burners/stove, dishwasher, and microwave. There was tons of space in the "common" area and the bedrooms were a good size too!
The front desk allowed me to check in by 130p with a 4pm check-in, no problems. The front desk (Candace, I believe) was more than helpful with my checking in of my big group. The rooms were clean, but smelled of mildew (room 541 especially), but since we were all lived in at the time with luggage and things, I didn't bother to say anything.
Extra towels if needed, TGIFridays right attached (though kitchen closes by 11p), pool was nice (according to those in the group), the hallways/doors were in need of a touch-up, but everything else was updated and comfy.
Distance to Universal Studios: PRICELESS! You walk to the light, cut through the grass to the Portofino and take the boat! There's free parking at Holiday Inn! A cab would cost about $10 carload to go over there, but you can't beat the easy walk to the larger Universal hotel for the free shuttle boat to the park. It's a nice ride, too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando