We stayed here in august of 2011, you really can't beat this location and the ease of access by car or by walking to the Universal Orlando Resort. First a warning, Parking is not free and the walk is a small trek, but in order to get to either the Island of Adventure or Universal studios you are going to have a trek through City walk. If you drive and park, some of your trek will be replaced by moving walk ways until you actually get to the entrance of city walk. The value of this hotel is marvelous. The bed are comfy. Check in and check out were a breeze. On a side not of you are part of the rewards program for Holiday Inn, if you reserve a Universal Vacation Package through the Universal website, you will earn no reward points. Depending on your length of stay in the area, I would suggest getting the Orlando Flexticket or Flexticket Plus. It gives you unlimited admission and park hopping abilities for Universal Studios, Island of Adventure, Seaworld, Aquatica, Wet N Wild,Citywalk and if you by the flexticket plus you also get admission to Busch Gardens for 14 days from the first use plus once you pay for parking for the day if you save your reciept you don't have to pay for parking for the rest of the day, just show your flexticket and parking reciept to get readdmission to where ever you are headed after that first park of the day.
Many people have been buying universal packages for early access to the Wizarding world of Harry Potter, if you are going during a busy time, and that is your main objective go for it. We had early access used one day out of our 6 day trip there and really didnt need it. The longest we waited was 1/2 for the forbidden journey, we had longer waits on the water rides.
If you have AAA book through them or book through the Holiday inn website if you don't desire a package. With AAA we got some really nice perks like 2 free souviner mugs, pefered seating at barney if we wanted it and a few other things that very on the time of the year.
This hotel has easy access to I-4, I Drive, and easy to spot near Unviersal, it had a friendly staff, we were pleasantly surprise with our free upgrade to a suite when we checked in and love the ease of getting to all the attractions in the Orlando attractions areas. You can save a ton of money staying here compared to paying for the rooms on the Universal Property. We bought the express pass one time use for the Studios, we were able to do the entire studios from between 2pm and 9pm with only missing the Barney show, which we didnt want to see anyways.
Just three warning, #1Be aware there is a hard sell time share here, they will tell you have a welcome package with coupons and a map of area attractions. when you pick it up the person tries to get you to commit to going to a time share presentation that is "close" to the disney properties. That is is the only negative thing I found with this hotel.
#2 If your planing on using the shuttle to Universal, don't, it really not convient and the times for pick up and drop off suck.
#3 Be prepared to look for a parking spot in site, your in competetion for spots with a rental truck company and the TGIF Fridays along with other hotel guest for spots. It was frustrating at nights to come back and have to wait for a TGIF guest to leave so we could have a spot since the rental trucks took up a chunk of the parking lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando, Sea World and Wet n' Wild. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando