“We will return - mainly because of Elizabeth” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #184 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Ottawa
“We will return - mainly because of Elizabeth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during March break. Prior to our visit, I reached out to the hotel to arrange for an accessible room and a second room to be located close by. I communicated on several occasions with Elizabeth, both by email and phone, and she took care of everything! She even assisted us with rented some equipment we needed to make our stay a little easier with our daughter.
The bellman out front were fantastic, very helpful and friendly. Assisting us with securing cabs or even just offering us water while we waited.
The only issue was the wireless internet. It was free - if you could get it. We were located on the first floor of building 1 and it seemed like that area was a black hole. We did not get internet the entire stay. We ended up going to the lobby to get internet. Each time I asked the front desk, I was told that they would ask the engineer to reset the router. Not once, did anyone follow up with us to let us know what was going on. It wasn't until the last day that we learnt there were issues in our area of the hotel. It would have been nice to know this in the first place.
The staff rebated the resort fee because of the internet issue which was very nice.

Room Tip: Inside rooms for sure - building 1 is right beside the road so it can be noisy. Also run the fan all...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear DAB8899,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share it on Trip Advisor. We are in the process of upgrading our internet service and should have the upgrade done by the end of April. If ever you travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

670 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here the from March 7th to the 11th. We were fully aware of the resort fee so that was not an issue for us. The room was nice and clean, the beds very comfortable. There are many restaurants around the area and you are a few minutes from Downtown Disney. One the second night we were there, I went to sleep around 11pm....soon after I heard in my sleep a woman talking and some beeping noice..when I opened my eyes and woke up I realized that the fire alarm was going off! Imagine being sound asleep and waking up to that at 12am! Had to run around the room waking up my two small kids and my husband, we were in a panic. As we walked out of the room, you could see everyone else coming out of their room as well, everyone panicked, no one from the hotel on the floor to say what was happening. Everyone scooted down the stairs and once on the first floor is when you saw employees escorting everyone out into the cold of the night (57 degrees)...the building's guests were led to the outside of their ballroom until the fire department and cops showed up. We saw another guest actually carrying his disabled brother trying to find someplace to put him down since they had to leave the wheelchair in their room. Not one of the staff members came to say what was happening or even help out this other guest. Once the fire department deamed it was safe to go back inside, all we were given were apologies and told to go back upstairs......do you think we were able to sleep all night long??? NOT. It turns out on the first floor of building 3, their is a laundry room. Obviosuly something happened, but we were never told what. I called the front desk the next morning to ask what the hotel was going to do to compensate for such a dreadful night...the girl who answered offered her apologise and explained that there was no danger but that she could take off the resort fee....i found this very insulting...While I understand that these things may happen, such a huge brand as Sheraton should have done more for their guests after the night debacle. I didn't want to argue with anyone since I was already in a bad mood from lack of sleep....the rest of the nights were spent trying to comfort my kids and explaining to them that nothing would happen....what a crappy vacation. Will notbe coming back to this brand of hotels....so dissapointing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear MiamiGirly08,

I apologize that the fire alarm went off. The cause of the alarm was due to smoke from a motor that runs one the dryers in the laundry. During an alarm the system is designed so that an announcement is made notifying our guest. The announcement does say to exit the building via the stairwells. The design meets the requirements of the state and it appears that it did work. We do not send associates into the building as we care for their safety as well.

I am sorry that you feel the person at the front desk did not express enough concern. We certainly care about our reputation and our guest. If you would like to contact me directly I would be more then happy to speak with you. My email is mark.politte@sheratonlbv.com.
Sitges, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was kinda surprised to open the door on the wash basin. It looked like they'd remodeled the room with an entrance through the bathroom. I didn't like that but fortunately there was only me.
The room was lacking in power points to connect my multiple devices, and certainly nothing by the bed. The bed was comfortable enough (as you'd expect in this chain) but the pillows were horribly light and cheap.
The worst bit of all was the aircon unit that stuck out of the wall. Ugly and very noisy. While I'd managed to turn mine off by the complex control panel, my neighbor had his/her running 24/7. With paper thin walls between rooms, it didn't make for a comfortable stay.
I tried room service. My medium burger arrived an hour after I ordered it (they'd run out of pizzas two days running) and so it was fully cooked through to dry. Laundry was so much a service as a bring it down yourself, we don't have staff to collect it.
There was a coffee room but it didn't open until 7am missing out on the business guests leaving early for their Gaylord Palms convention.
This was 40% a Sheraton standard for 75% of the usual cost. I'll pick somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear stevejnb,

The wash basin is outside of the restroom as many of our guest travel with family members so that more than one person can get ready at a time. I am sorry you found this not to your liking. We do have additional power outlets on the side of the night stands and desk. I am sorry if you did not see them, but we did add them during the renovation as we received feedback from our guest asking for them. If I can be of further service please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at this resort March 8-12 and it could not have been better. The staff at the pool bar and restaurant were wonderful - especially Gary. The rooms were in good condition. I loved the food mart in the lobby. My husband brought me a great cup of Starbucks each day to get me going. The gym had everything you would need and more. The location for Disney was great and the staff at the ticket desk were very helpful. Great hotel, great service and location!!!!!

Dear Arianne,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for posting it. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Orillia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for our March Break vacation (March 8-14). The staff were very friendly, ther rooms were older for a 4star, but very clean. The pools and slides were great for the kids. The location is super.

However, the resort fees and parking fees were rediculous! I wish that they would just put those into the "real" price at the beginning, instead of charging a $186 extra bill at the end of our pre-paid vacation. Also, the $12 beer at the pool was obviously way overpriced and we could hear the elevator all night long, even though we were far from it.

It was too bad because we liked the hotel, but would not return for this overall price. 3 star at best.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room facing the "inner" or pool area. Tip the room cleaners as they...
Dear TScott099,

Thank you for your recent posting. I appreciate your feedback both positive and constructive. I am sorry that you found the resort fee ridiculous. We do charge the resort fee and parking is included in the resort fee, unless our guest choose valet. Please let me know if this was not done correctly for you and I will look after fixing it personally. All resorts in Orlando charge a resort fee and we are certain that our resort fee is competitive within the local market place. I do hope that this was communicated to you at the time of making your reservation as we have taken steps to ensure that it is properly communicated.

If I can be of further service to you please do not hesitate to contact me.

St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were very pleased with this hotel after staying during a recent vacation visit to Orlando. It has 2 pools, an outdoor bar and music outside with cabanas that you can rent. The pool area was our favorite part! Great for sunbathing and lazy days by the pool.

The lobby was updated a couple of years ago and has a nice contemporary feel. The rooms are clean, well kept, and have been updated as well. One tip. Some of the rooms have doors that have an outside entry, however, most enter from an interior hall. Something to consider if that's important to you.

The hotel is very close to Disney and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. We happened to get a good rate off of Hotwire and felt this hotel was a very good value. They do have a resort fee, but that's fully disclosed. I think most people will enjoy their stay here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear gutman,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I are repeated guests of this hotel. We are loyal to Starwood but unfortunately this past stay has caused him and I to lose our loyalty for our next stay. We were given keys to an occupied room and this to me is absolutely unacceptable! We had kids with us and not only that but we also felt horrible walking into a room with people inside. Being reappeared guests you would expect compensation right? Well we did get 2 zip tickets for 2 beverages--> REALLY?! Then at CO they took the Resort Fees out so $26 + 2 drinks was enough for the inconvenience and embarrassment my family experienced. NOT acceptable.

• Stayed March 2014
Brandy B, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and I can assure you that the situation you experienced was an isolated incident. I will be sharing your comments with the appropriate managers and we will certainly take steps so that a repeat of this nature will not occur.
Brandy Bennett- Asst. General Manager

Been to Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort? Share your experiences!