“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #183 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Dallas, Texas
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at this resort March 8-12 and it could not have been better. The staff at the pool bar and restaurant were wonderful - especially Gary. The rooms were in good condition. I loved the food mart in the lobby. My husband brought me a great cup of Starbucks each day to get me going. The gym had everything you would need and more. The location for Disney was great and the staff at the ticket desk were very helpful. Great hotel, great service and location!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Arianne,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for posting it. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Mark Politte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Turkish first
Orillia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for our March Break vacation (March 8-14). The staff were very friendly, ther rooms were older for a 4star, but very clean. The pools and slides were great for the kids. The location is super.

However, the resort fees and parking fees were rediculous! I wish that they would just put those into the "real" price at the beginning, instead of charging a $186 extra bill at the end of our pre-paid vacation. Also, the $12 beer at the pool was obviously way overpriced and we could hear the elevator all night long, even though we were far from it.

It was too bad because we liked the hotel, but would not return for this overall price. 3 star at best.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room facing the "inner" or pool area. Tip the room cleaners as they...
Dear TScott099,

Thank you for your recent posting. I appreciate your feedback both positive and constructive. I am sorry that you found the resort fee ridiculous. We do charge the resort fee and parking is included in the resort fee, unless our guest choose valet. Please let me know if this was not done correctly for you and I will look after fixing it personally. All resorts in Orlando charge a resort fee and we are certain that our resort fee is competitive within the local market place. I do hope that this was communicated to you at the time of making your reservation as we have taken steps to ensure that it is properly communicated.

If I can be of further service to you please do not hesitate to contact me.

St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were very pleased with this hotel after staying during a recent vacation visit to Orlando. It has 2 pools, an outdoor bar and music outside with cabanas that you can rent. The pool area was our favorite part! Great for sunbathing and lazy days by the pool.

The lobby was updated a couple of years ago and has a nice contemporary feel. The rooms are clean, well kept, and have been updated as well. One tip. Some of the rooms have doors that have an outside entry, however, most enter from an interior hall. Something to consider if that's important to you.

The hotel is very close to Disney and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. We happened to get a good rate off of Hotwire and felt this hotel was a very good value. They do have a resort fee, but that's fully disclosed. I think most people will enjoy their stay here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear gutman,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I are repeated guests of this hotel. We are loyal to Starwood but unfortunately this past stay has caused him and I to lose our loyalty for our next stay. We were given keys to an occupied room and this to me is absolutely unacceptable! We had kids with us and not only that but we also felt horrible walking into a room with people inside. Being reappeared guests you would expect compensation right? Well we did get 2 zip tickets for 2 beverages--> REALLY?! Then at CO they took the Resort Fees out so $26 + 2 drinks was enough for the inconvenience and embarrassment my family experienced. NOT acceptable.

• Stayed March 2014
Brandy B, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and I can assure you that the situation you experienced was an isolated incident. I will be sharing your comments with the appropriate managers and we will certainly take steps so that a repeat of this nature will not occur.
Brandy Bennett- Asst. General Manager
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton first weekend in March 20I4. I hesitate but I booked it anyway. I needed a place near Disney for the weekend. This place has its plus and minuses.First thing was, I wasn't aware of the hefty resort fee 19per day which the girl at the front desk sarcastically pointed out. she say it was it was right on the form and that's what I basically get for booking through Priceline. " they are the worst" her words exactly. Anyways, the hotel is dated and it looked like it was refurbished piece-meal. some areas looked great (lobby and pool area) others not so much. the room was great but the balcony was not. Also, the bathrooms have no fan it and all of the moisture generated by 4 people after they shower, stays right in the room, ugh!
convenient location but right on a major road. No resort setting at all. loud road just outside the hotel. I've stay in several hotels near that area. Sorry sheraton Lake Buena Vista.I've can do better.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
AnaF,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly review your comments with the team and I am sure we can utilize to improve in the future.
Brandy Bennett- Asst. General Manager
cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Just arrived back after staying a fornight .We found the staff very friendly and helpful.The villa we had was clean and had everything we needed in it,We went to the welcome meeting and instead of lasting 90 mins as we were told it went on for 2and half hours.Also if taking the free bus to animal kingdom be wary as we went out to the bus park at 5.20 for the 5.45 bus and waited till6.30 no bus came so we had to get a taxi,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I believe you may have the wrong hotel. We are a Hotel/Resort we do not have a Welcome Meeting or Villas.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

It was clean and well decorated. The pool area was nice and my son loved the waterslide. Upon check in I realized the room was in the building closet to the road/highway and asked to be changed because I am a light sleeper. They moved us without an issue. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear daniellea14
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you and your family here as our guests. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.
Brandy Bennett- Asst General Manager

Been to Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort? Share your experiences!