“Great Place for a Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #191 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Great Place for a Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We're locals and we decided to do a Staycation with some Disney sprinkled in between before school started. Check in was lightning quick and I was heading up the elevator in no time (elevator was the only negative during the stay, very quick to close doors even when you're walking into it). Room was nice and clean (clearly one of the re-done rooms) with a great pool view, we even watched a little bit of the movie they showed at the pool on Friday night from our balcony! Hotel is a great value even and their $16 hotel fees which includes parking and Disney shuttles is actually very convenient because it's $25 each way for a taxi. Food was also good, service was even better with Enrique by the pool and Oksana at Zest taking great care of us. Our fridge wasn't working, but not even 10 minutes after calling they came up with a replacement one for us and it was up and running in no time GREAT RESPONSE TIME! Beds were super soft and we slept great every night of our stay.

All in all a great stay! Great value and great service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello JeBurg,

Thank you for the FIVE star review on your most recent stay with us. We're so pleased that you had a wonderful experience at our resort. I've shared your review with our entire team and we will certainly recognize the associates who exceeded your expectations. Thank for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel was terrible. I did a Priceline 4 star bid. Never again. After we parked we went in. We got In the elevator. It wouldn't
close. A housekeeper came and pushed the door in really hard. It closed and we started slowly going up. It was a tiny stinky elevator. I thought maybe we accidentally got in a service elevator meant for employees. The hallway smelled of urine and mold. The room was humid and hot. Turned on the a/c. It sounded like an 18 wheeler. There was a faint yellow stain on the duvet. The bathtub had grime. The room smelled like disinfectant. We couldn't stay. We left within 15 minutes. Booked a room at the gaylord. We won't get a refund because we booked through the negotiator. There is no way this place is 4 stars.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Krispar28,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. My apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. With regards to our elevators, we did have some mechanical issues and those concerns have been addressed by our service provider. As for your other comments, we will review your claims thru a property walk thru with our New Director of Housekeeping so that corrective action can be taken. We appreciate your input and my apologies that we did not meet the high standards that are well known for.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed there for a last minute before school began vacation with the family. Its a great change from the Safari theme they had the last time I had stayed there. First the bad.... Housekeeping was poor. On my last day there, they did not clean my room. This day happened to the longest day out of the hotel the family and I spent. I left nothing on the door as I had done so a day or two ago indicating for them to come in and clean and change the linen. By the time we got back that night and found the room not cleaned. The worst was not having clean towels and washcloths handy. My 7 y/o waited over 30 min to get clean towels. The second time I called I was told we were "next on the list". Please staff the hotel with enough housekeeping personnel so that a list is not needed. And Now the good...... Kudos to Bianca (Sea Dawgs restaraunt was the bomb) and Katie from the front desk. Eric from the Valet staff. (Thanks for the help with luggage and the room move. you were always there and timely when needed.) and then Linda from Zest restaraunt. You are an asset that needs to be recognized over and over.

Room Tip: Love the pool view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hello Mdsmd65,

Thank you for your sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. Although I'm glad that you had a positive experience with us, I will certainly share your constructive feedback with our new leadership team in housekeeping for corrective action. We truly appreciate the positive review on our staff and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights for a conferene at nearby WDW. I arrived too early and my room wasn't ready. Liz at the front desk escorted me to the doing room for breakfast. Brenda and Dennis in the dining room were very warm and attentive, remembered my preferences (e.g., skim milk for coffee) throughout my stay. Denise at the pantry also made sure I got what I wanted when they were out of them. Kudos all around to the staff.

The only negative are the parents who can't control their kids. I was jolted out of bed on two nights because kids were running up and down the corridor at 1 am! Called the front desk and security promptly took care of it. Also another kid pulled the fire alarm one afternoon and they had to evacuate the building. Parents please please please take control over the fruit of your loom!

• Stayed August 2013
Hello Edster1971,

Thank you for the great and enthusiastic review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm glad that our staff made such a positive impression on you. We receive comments on these specific associates on a day to day basis and we're glad they exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Orlando!

Diamond Bar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

As a Starwood member I usually take advantage of perks, promo's and membership advantage that Sheraton offers to me for both domestic and international travel.

This journey/vacation was with my 6 year old daughter and lovely wife. We stayed at the property for 8 days.

NOW THE REVIEW:

1. Friendly, professional, Caring and knowledgeable staff from front desk, restaurant server's &
Greeters, cleaning staff, chef. MY RATE IS 5 OUT OF 5. This guys are one big reason I would come back and stay in the hotel

2. Location is perfect near Disney, they have transportation(shuttle) going and return to all Disney parks. I would rate 5 out of 5. I still suggest to rent your own car to allow you to make your own plans and to see more of orlando and florida such as universal, beach etc...

3,. Cleanliness I would rate 4, here is why: The first room we stayed for 3 nights was very good until hotel staff detected a leek located at the toilet. We where requested to transfer to a room at the same floor and level, we agreed BUT THE NEW ROOM THEY ASSIGNED TO US SMELLED BAD and damped. We complained and staff mentioned that she will have staff spray fresheners, this defeats the purpose since room smelled like a wet animal, but after insisting again for a new room at the same floor, they change us to a new room at the same level. We where tired from our 12 hour disney day and this was a inconvenience

4. Pool Area and amenities 5 out of 5

5. Elevator: 1 out of 5 here is why: hotel has 2 elevators in our area(i am not sure if other building has other elevators) 1 of the elevator was not working during our duration, yes for 8 days, why did they not fix the other elevators? the working elevator was difficult, wait time was very long and doors would just try to close even if we press the open button. This reminds me of a horror ride in disney or universal, by the way this happened during busy month of august yes during summer holidays! imagine the number of guest ratio to 1 small scary elevator!

6 Food and buffet: CHEF please include more variety in your breakfast buffet, other than that I would rate food 4 out of 5

PLEASE CHECK YOUR FINAL BILL BEFORE LEAVING OR UPON CHECK OUT. I was charged for a breakfast buffet meal that I did not consume, I made front desk alert and they adjusted the invoice/bill

I could give this hotel a lower rate but the entire staff, location and pool are excellent.

Dear manojjohnt,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate the positive review on our resort. Our SPG members are vital to our success and we're glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will also address your concerns that you mentioned with our Director of Housekeeping for corrective action. Thank you for the great comments and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Orlando!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Visited the Sheraton as part of the AAU volleyball tournament. I didn't have to pay for the room so I can't comment on the value but the view from the room overlooking the pool and the pool area itself were fabulous. We only spent a little time actually in the room and when we were there we were sleeping on comfy, cozy beds. Free water (that's unusual) and a frig were nice additions.

We did choose to earn the $5 credit by not having our room cleaned and used it for iced coffee in the lobby drink shop. Upon arrival there was some delicious lemon, lime ginger water! A different flavor was available another day.

Room was very large, as was the bathroom. Good shower head and water pressure.

We were able to make use of the pool area one day and each evening, before they kicked us out of the hot tub at 11 pm. Two hot tubs and two pools, lots of chairs and thick towels. Ping pong and other deck games were available, as well as art activities for the children. We ordered a wrap with fruit that was reasonably priced. Drinks were expensive but they do run specials.

Great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello bdaygirl,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We're pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you loved our newly rejuvenated pool. It was a pleasure to have this group at our resort and we hope to see you again next year!

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We thought we'd splurge a bit and "do the Sheraton" for the last night of our Florida vacation. It's an older property that stands up well. Our family suite room on the ground floor was what one would expect from a Sheraton. Large. Comfy. Nicely appointed. 2 TVs that actually worked like HD tvs should. Check-in was quick. Nice pool area (this place seems particularly popular with families, so if little kids running around bothers you, then this is not the place for you). Had problems with wifi in our ground floor room....signal faded to nothing the further away from the courtyard my devices were, but on the patio, it zoomed. Weird. The included breakfast buffet was above par, and all staffers we encountered were professional.

Room Tip: If wifi is a concern, perhaps ask for a higher-floor room to be closer to the antennae.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello stuartrmwatson,

Thank you for the recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We're pleased that you had a positive experience and I will share your great feedback with our entire staff. We hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Resort Manager

Been to Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort? Share your experiences!