“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #188 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. I Wasn't sure what to expect but it was a good experience overall.

The rooms were fairly large which was nice. The pool area was nice and a fun place for kids.

The location isn't great without a car which we didn't have. Getting to places like International Drive is expensive. There are free shuttles to Disney but they are limited to very specific times.

The Vineland road outlet mall is nearby and that's a free shuttle which is great.

Most staff was nice but one was stingy on the late check out even though I am gold. I asked another person after I was denied and was able to get it so it was obviously at the person's discretion.

If you are gold you can get the resort fee waived as the free gift at check in which is nice.

There are quite a few restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room rather than street view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hello sorjue,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. It’s great to hear that we exceeded your expectations, especially from one of our loyal SPG gold members. With regards to checkout, we had a very tight turn during your stay and unfortunately we could not honor all late checkouts. We truly appreciate your response & loyalty to Starwood and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Assistant GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Turkish first
Beaver Island, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here as it was the location for a Conference which had a block of rooms. And while being at the same site as the days activities is convenient, this property is tired and older than what I would expect from a Sheraton brand, especially near Disney (that is tough competition by itself).
The public areas seemed clean, just felt dated and 1990's layout. While it is becoming the norm for paid internet access in your room, and free in hotel public areas, both were painfully inept by modern WiFi - slow, hard to get on if the lobby or poolside bar area are busy, etc. The room was not completely spartan to amenities, yet it was very basic. Everything was good and clean in direct sight, the details behind night stands, beds, desks & TV Stands need some help. And the AC/HVAC filter needed attention. Towels and bed linens were standard and acceptable. This would likely be a good choice for a quick overnight, but multiple nights can leave a boring impression. The location is good for name brand Franchises within and easy walking distance and some of the Conference folks even walked the 20 minute walk to Downtown Disney / Marketplace / Pleasure Island area (75-80 degree weather made it bearable).

Hello Da_YguY,

We appreciate your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. I can assure you that our standards are not "ok" and I'm grateful for the feedback that you have provided us. I certainly will address your comments with our entire team. Our resort just completed a 25 million dollar renovation to not only guest rooms but also public space, pool, and convention center. We certainly welcome all types of feedback and I do appreciate your candid and honest review.

Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a professional meeting planner i can recommend this hotel. It's standard Starwood quality and style is great. Recently redone and amazing fire pit and pool area. Great for professional traveler who wants to bring the family along. And, it's only about 5/10 minutes from most of the disney properties. Watch the hotel catering folks, they will try to nickel and dime you for hotel F&B fees etc. New meeting space ballroom is flexible and perfect for 100 - 300 people!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello jay b,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. I'm glad that you had a great stay with us and that your conference went well at the property. I certainly will share your feedback with our entire team. We truly appreciate your review and we look forward to your next visit in the near future!

Southampton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently spent a week at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort for a conference for work. The hotel itself is an average 4-start hotel. Nothing special. Food and drinks at the pool bar were cheap and good. As far as the conference room, it was crowded and uncomfortable. The wireless internet was down for over a day so the interactive part of our conference was not able to be done. They hotels response was that "this never happens."

What really upset me was that without my knowledge or permission, someone at the front desk gave my employer a key to my room. Yes, my room was booked with my employer's credit card but it was my name on the room and I should have been contacted. They had my cell phone number on file if there was any question and I was not called or notified. Luckily I have a good relationship with the people I work with.

Personally I would never again stay in a hotel or recommend a hotel that gives access to people's rooms to random guests that ask for a key, even if they are in my same party.

Dear DrJay85,

We appreciate your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. Our guest security is very important to us and we certainly do not take issues like this lightly. At your convenience, please call me at my office so that we can discuss this matter in more detail. Thank you for your response and I look forward to connecting with you soon!

Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I can't really say much good or bad -- the hotel is average at best. The on-site food service is extremely limited, with the pool cafe menu mostly replicated from main restaurant. I ordered breakfast with door hang tag on my first night, but the tag was never replaced. I'm guessing families staying here for Disney trips where most time is spent off property would have a better time.

The pool area also pumps in music all day, so if you have a pool facing room expect to hear the music until 10pm or so nightly.

Hi Donald B,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. Im sorry to hear that you had an average experience at our resort. While some hotels would be ok with that, that is certainly not the case here. We have very high expectations and I can assure you that we will review your feedback and improve our services. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to better serve you in the near future!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a five nite stay here and while it was among the poorer Sheratons I have seen, it was adequate. Room was fine, and they upgraded us to a family suite from junior which was nice. The pool area was quite nice and the hotel shop was well stocked with decent foods and an official Starbucks espresso machine.
The most major negative was the food service. On several occasions we waited up to two hours for simple orders, which then arrived cold. Less annoying but still an issue was the noisiness of the hallway traffic when on the room, and the odd layout of the room with the sink in the hall.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello JTJersey,
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I'm sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. I will certainly share your comments with our culinary team for corrective action. We appreciate your constructive feedback and look forward to better serve you in the near future!

DuBois, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We are just finishing our stay at this hotel. We are here for a conference. Check in went smoothly, front desk staff are very nice and friendly. Went to room and we were right next to the elevator (elevator is not noisy but people standing outside waiting for it are) with a view of a parking lot. Went back and asked for a room away from the elevator and with a pool view. Got moved easily for a $10 upgrade fee. Room was clean and they give you 2 bottles of water free everyday. The bathroom was not so clean. Hair in all corners and in shower (yuck). Although it was too cold to use the pool, I sat on the balcony and enjoyed watching others. The pool area is the best part of this hotel. 2 beautiful pools and hottubs with a waterslide. The concierge is very helful and friendly. For our conference they had a special shuttle to Downtown Disney. Very unorganized. No one knew what was going on and I had to be transferred from person to person every night when I called for times. Tonight was the worst because the shuttle driver told us one time and then came early and we had to take a taxi back. Very disappointing and frustrating. The only other shuttle that they have regularly is to Disney itself. Be careful they only run on a very limited schedule. In my opinion, this hotel is too far to be the best option for a Disney vacation and doesn't offer any perks. 2 years ago we stayed at the Hilton across from Downtown Disney and that's where I would recomment others stay instead of this hotel.

Hello stevensk01,

I'm sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent visit with us. We certainly will review your comments with our transportation team so that we can remedy the concerns that you addressed. We truly appreciate your contribution to Tripadvisor as this will further assist us in achieving our goal as one of the best hotels in Orlando.

Assistant GM

Been to Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort? Share your experiences!