“Reasonable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #186 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hong Kong, China
“Reasonable Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel again, booking at the last minute (Just FYI - this hotel often has last minute specials). I was travelling with a associate and we got rooms adjacent to each other. My room had no major problems, and I went to sleep right away, however my business partner had no hot water in his room so he had to change, I had the same experience the next morning but maintenance was up very quickly and got the hot water running in a few minutes. As I knew what to expect on this trip, I was quite happy my stay. Beds are nice, Internet was free and fast, and since i knew about the pool, I went for a dip. It's quite easy to get around from the hotel to the highway etc. I'm sure it's not the best hotel in Orlando, but I will continue to stay there if the rate is reasonable if not, i would try another hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room, the pool is stunning
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Welcome Back M88M,

I'm glad that you were able to give us another chance! We truly appreciate the new feedback and although you did have some slight maintenance issues in your guestroom, I'm pleased that our team addressed them to your satisfaction. Thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Assistant GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Turkish first
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had a wonderful time at this hotel. I spent this past weekend with my husband and 3 children for our trip to Disney World. The hotel is obviously well run. The staff is friendly, in particular the front desk agents. The housekeeping, bell and pool staff were friendly and efficient. the hotel is 5 minutes from the entrance to Disney (though because of Disney's massive size the drive to the individual parks took an additional 10 minutes). The pool was very warm and inviting and my kids had a blast there. There are multiple restaurants within walking and very short driving distance, though the hotel's restaurant is also very good. I certainly plan on returning to this hotel for all my trips to Orlando.

Room Tip: If you have a family the suites are fantastic. They have bunk bed suites which was perfect for us.
Hello wednee n ,

Thank you for the great review on your most recent stay with us. I'm pleased that our team exceeded your expectations and that you and your fmily enjoyed the resort. We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback and we hope to be your oasis from home when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very comfortable beds and quiet rooms. We were frustrated by incorrect information given to us by the front desk. We had called to inquire about a shuttle to Hollywood Studios and they told us that the shuttles ran every 10 min. Wrong! We got downstairs at 9:30 to find the only shuttle to HS left at 9:25. It ended up taking us 2 hours to get to the park. It was VERY frustrating. When I asked at the front desk that morning the girl told me there was no way that someone told us the shuttles ran every 10 min. (suggesting what - that we were lying?!) and she was not helpful at all. Not sure who answered the phone when we called the front desk from our room, but that is what they told us!

Hello DeniseTravels5,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. Although I'm glad to hear that you thought our resort was nice, I'm disappointed that our front office team did not meet your expectations. I will certainly address your feedback with our team for corrective action. We truly appreciate your comments and we hope to better serve you in the near future.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel provided some of the best customer service my family has ever received. My two children had a wonderful time in the pools watching movies and loved making S'mores on the outdoor fire pit. The location is perfect if you want to experience the Orlando attractions. The valet guys were wonderful. Eddie in particular made us feel right at home and suggested a few good restaraunts that my kids would love - and they did. This was our first visit, but we will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Alicia P,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on your most recent visit with us. Its great to hear that our associates made such a positive connection with you and your family! We truly appreciate the great review and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Columbus, Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I’ve stayed at this place many times over the past 6 years. It was the Sheraton Safari up until this time. The renovation was definitely due. The jungle themed Safari always felt like you’d see Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez walking through the lobby for a stay :) . I do miss “the worlds smallest elevator” tho… I always felt like Andre the Giant in that thing. It’s been replaced with 2 ‘vators going up to the new Spa. You can still see footprints of the Safari tho, if your balcony has one of the squares on the outside the railings you can still see the monkeys, giraffes, etc they covered up looking from the inside.

The rooms are the same but the interiors have been gutted and completely redone. Beds are absolutely wonderfully comfy!!!! Peeling wallpaper is gone from the bathrooms. New paint, furniture, tv’s, the works. The shower was odd. I had to let the hot water run for about 5 minutes before it kicked in. Once it did it was fine. The new rooms are fine.

*All* the staff I dealt with were the best. Period. Say hi to Norris for me.

The pools are great. The “fire pit” is a great place to talk to other travelers that are over 30 years old. I say that because anyone under 30 just sat there with their ear buds in staring at their electronic umbilical cords….. This civilization is doomed! :)

Do *not* buy anything at the gift shop. Many, many $$$’s for a “S’mores kit”, Suntan lotion (even more than it cost in the Disney parks !!!). Go out the front, turn right, about 3 lights down is a Winn-Dixie grocery store with much more reasonable prices. Turn right at the big ABC booze store sign right on the road. I can’t really recommend the breakfast buffet tho. If you’re not real picky walk to the Sizzler right next door for theirs. A lot better selection for a lot less.

Bus shuttle service to the parks was very nice. Sheraton is the last hotel to be picked up on the way in and the first drop off coming out at night. Saved on Disney parking and was able to use Disney transportation to shuffle around the parks/resorts in between. I think that pretty much paid for the new $17 or so daily “resort fee” they charge. I think the new fee is baloney and hope they drop that soon.

Try it. You’ll like it. ‘Nuff said.

Room Tip: Don't face Apopka
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hello UsuallyNotGrumpy,

Welcome back to the Sheraton LBVR. We truly enjoyed reading the details of your review and overall we're glad that you had such a positive experience. We truly appreciate your business and loyalty and look forward to your next visit to our resort.

Rochester,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I just spent 4 nights at this property and it is overall pretty nice. The pool area is gorgeous and was a lot of fun. We preferred the deeper pool with the water slide to the shallow pool with basketball hoops and volleyball net. There are 2 hot tubs which were very nice, especially during the chilly mornings. The poolside bar/ eatery is a little pricey, but the food and drinks were great.
This property has one of the best on-site gyms I've seen in a while. The location is great with lots of dining options nearby and Disney a short car ride away. The rooms were nice. Ours on the 5th floor had a nice balcony. Some of the staff were extremely friendly, some appeared to be very indifferent.
My only complaints would be 1. The lack of regard for Starwoods preferred guests. I was never acknowledged as an SPG member, which was unusual because Starwoods properties are usually good about taking care of their SPG members, which is one of the reasons I love staying at their properties.
2. I know it's a matter of opinion, but the music they blast at the pool is horrendous. Non-stop, awful music straight from a 13 year old girl's Ipod.. They should mix it up a little bit as to not alienate their older guests. A rock or alternative song mixed in every once in awhile while sitting by the pool for 6 hours wouldn't be so bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the pool...
Hello dillhate,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We truly appreciate the positive comments however I'm disappointed to hear that we did not acknowledge you as a a valued SPG member. I will certainly address this with our team for corrective action. Overall, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to better serve you in the near future.
Westchester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Located less than 2 miles from Downtown Disney, this hotel has a lot to offer. The rooms are clean and the property is very attractive. Our room had a large plasma TV and a safe. The pool area has a ping pong table and bean bag games. There were cartoon movies playing on a large screen next to the pool.

We were able to walk to the Sizzler next door and the Qodoba Mexican restaurant across the street. There are also many other chain restaurants within walking distance. The only downside about this place is the $17 resort fee charged to guests. These fees always irk me, but since I was paying with SPG points, I didn't care as much.

Room Tip: Sizzler's breakfast is cheap, but I did not like it at all. I suggest you eat breakfast elsewhe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello NYBuddy33,

Thank you for the great feedback on your most recent stay with us. We're glad that you a positive experience at our resort and I absoultely agree with you that our location is ideal to Disney and local restaurants & attractions. We truly appreciate the wonderful review and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Orlando!

Assistant GM

Been to Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort? Share your experiences!