“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #192 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Katy, Texas
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last week. The Sheraton appears older, but it nicely remodeled and updated. The property was well maintained and the pool area is very nice (Important note...the pool stays open to 11 p.m. and the music and noise were significant inside the room). We liked the location as it is near good restaurants, shopping and only a few miles from theme parks. The staff was friendly, but the front desk seemed uniformed and lacked expertise in handling questions about the area and one issue I will describe shortly. At check in, we asked if the lady working the front desk if could tell us where the Mariott Courtyard was located as we knew it was close by. Neither attendant could tell us, but when we parked our car we saw it was literally next door! We experienced similar results when we asked the front desk for dining suggestions; however, the consigliere was a bit better but only had little business cards for various eateries and was not very forthcoming with recommendations. We got the feeling they were more concerned with being politically correct than us having good information. The second issue we faced was maid service. The first day we left a "do not disturb" card in the door and they cleaned our room leaving the card on the desk. Two days later we arrived back around 9 p.m. and they had not cleaned our room or serviced the coffee bar. You pay a $15 dollar per day resort fee for bottle water, coffee and internet in the room so we called the front desk. The attendant did not think she could do anything about it as the time was late, but when I asked for a credit she indicated she would get back with me. A bit later our room was serviced. For the price, you can stay at hotels that offer breakfast and better service. Our friends were next door at the Marriott so we know!

Room Tip: All rooms appear to have pool view with thin walls and glass doors. The pool stays open to 11 p.m...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear travelingag86,

Thank you for your recent feedback on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. My apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. I've shared your review with our Director of Housekeeping so that he can take corrective action on the items that you noted. We truly appreciate your review as we will certainly utilize your comments as a learning tool so that we can grow and improve on our procedures and services.

In the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will certainly make your next stay with us a memorable one!

Happy Holidays!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband, and I stayed at the Wyndam resort for 2 nights in November for a little getaway. the rooms were nice and clean. Everyone we was very polite. One person was especially helpful, we met one of the house keepers in the eleveator, Benarai who was very helpful and exceptionally nice. She asked how our stay was going, she asked if we needed anything because she would be more than happy to help. That was uncexpected and for that reason I remember her. Because of this experience I would stay here again.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Hotel is very nice, well maintained. The poll and external area was better than I expected.
The only reason I'm penalizing this review is because the parking lot procedure.
After I checked in I drove my car to the gated parking lot, the gate is supposed to open with the room electronic key, well, it didn't. I have to walk back to the front desk.
The day I checked out, I returned the room's key but the gate to exit the parking also needed the key!!
I had to walk back and then I was informed the gate has a Assistance button to ask the operator to open the door for me.
Other than that, everything Ok.
I definitely will visit the hotel again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Very close to Disney parks and lot of restaurants.
Hello Ivan L,

Thank you for the great review on your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the positive comments and overall we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I did share your feedback on the parking gate to our front services team which will have this issue remedied immediately. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Happy holidays and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Sheraton for 2 nights for a mini vacataion to the parks. We expected a little bit more, however, the hotel was in a great location. (Sitting between walt disney and universal properties.) The pool was great and the rooms were clean, but overall, was not anything special. You get what you pay for, I guess. We have stayed in other Sheratons and have had better experiences. The hotel staff, however, was very pleasent. Check-in was smooth, and everyone was very polite. They offer self parking and valet. We decided to valet, the bellmen were very helpful because of their knowledge about the area. (dining, directions, etc.) One in particular that helped us throughout our trip was Jake. He also helped us check out.

The hotel offers a transportation system to the Disney properties, however, it was frustrating because there was often a long, unpredictable wait for them. It was also cold at night during our trip which was uncomfortable for the prolonged wait time. This is not the fault of the hotel, but we drove ourselves to the park the second day.

Dear Kayla B,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the great and constructive feedback on your most recent stay with us. I've addressed your concerns with the CEO of our transportation company and he has assured me that they have rectified the issues that you mentioned on the transportation schedule. We also want to thank you for the great comments on our staff. Our front services team is one of the best in the business and we're glad they exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again in Orlando!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked the hotel on priceline and it was rated as a 4 star hotel, but it is really a 3 star hotel. Sheraton rated a category 2 hotel (which is second from the bottom out of 7 categories, 7 being the best). The pool area is nice (but there is really no staff there to serve you), if you need to buy something, you have to go to the bar area and get it yourself. Assistant manager is very nice and responsive but his ability is limited by the hotel quality. The AC is pounding loud, the curtain doesn't block light, the carpet is not clean because our nose were all stuffed during the first night. The restaurant is not bad, most of the hotel staffs are nice, hotel front desk is not very knowledgeable and not responsive.

The hotel is not far from Disney but it is not convenient, you basically need a car to go anywhere. The shuttle bus runs only 2-3 times a day to certain disney parks, which makes it almost impossible to take advantage of. If you want to utilize the shuttle, you either have to come back around early afternoon, or 30 minutes after the park close, so if you get children, it is very hard to follow their schedule. You can pay $10 to take a cab to downtown disney, then take the disney shuttle bus from downtown disney to one of the disney resort, then take the shuttle again from Disney resort to Disney park, which could take anywhere between 45 minute - 1.5 hour. Even if you catch the hotel's shuttle bus, it can still take you more than one hour to the Disney park since you have to take the shuttle to one park (due to the infrequent shuttle schedule) then take the Disney shuttle to the park that you want to visit.

Hello DM,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. I was glad that I was able to talk to you during your stay with us. As I mentioned in our previous conversation, I'm sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I am a little surprised in some of your comments in your review since we both spoke in great detail and cleanliness nor front office service was ever brought up. Needless to say, we appreciate the feedback and I have shared your comments with our entire team for corrective action. Thank you for your response and we hope to provide better service to you in the near future.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here and, of course, drove to Universal Studios. Disney is right around the corner and we went to Pleasure Island / Downtown Disney for lunch before our flight out. For one day, the prices are about the same to go to Disney or Universal, but there's a $15 parking charge for Universal.

The room was recently renovated but you can't change the structure. It was an ok room, average bath, good sized, balcony overlooking the pool, what looked to be a very nice and large pool area (didn't use), spa, restaurant, pool bar...

The bed was really nice and comfortable - up to date with the soft pillows, duvet, etc. I'm not sure what else is around in the price range that is so much better. The nicer hotels seemed 2x to 3x more expensive when we looked on-line.

Room Tip: The parking lot can be crowded and is around the exterior of the property. Our room was nearer to t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello gsuen,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. We truly appreciate your positive review and we're glad that you enjoyed our signature, sweet sleeper bed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Snellville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This property is located close to Disney. Nothing fancy here but a good value. If you have kids the pool is crazy nice and the staff is really friendly. If you are a parent the property seems like a good place for you too. The room is clean an the beds are comfy and they have a shuttle to Disney and many places to eat are nearby. The restaurant is great for breakfast and overall the hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the nice pool area. Avoid a room facing the busy parking lot and street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear crazyconch,

Thank you for your positive review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm glad that our resort was a solid value for you and we hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort? Share your experiences!