My family stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort for 5-days (4 nights). It was our second stay at this resort. I would consider it a mid-price point time share with rental option property that is well-maintained and has a wide-variety of amenities. We never take full advantage of all of the amenities, but we always make heavy use of the pools and associated watering holes.
We stayed in a large one-bedroom in "Lakes 8" (last year we stayed in a two-bedroom in the Cascades). The room was clean upon our arrival and was lightly cleaned daily. The carpets were clean, the furniture was in good shape (minus one of the kitchen chairs), the king-sized bed - while a little lumpy - was serviceable, water pressure in the shower was pretty bad (particularly in comparison to the tub and sinks), the bath towels were abundant, but the kitchen towels were always in oddly short supply (same as last year).
The time share sales people were mildly aggressive (2-3 calls/day), but fairly tolerable. We skipped the presentation. The incentive of 8,200 Starwood points was simply not enough for 90 minutes of being “sold” on a time share.
We’d definitely return to the Vistana again. The price is generally pretty good and overall it’s a pretty solid place to stay.
1. The light on the balcony (the balcony is connected to the living room and bedroom) is on a timer (i.e., not a light switch the guest controls). The light was extraordinarily bright and lights up the bedroom at night enough to annoy this city dweller and every member of the family. Management was kind enough to send someone to turn it off (read: take out the bulb for the duration of our stay.....maintenance came by to "fix" it the day we checked out).
2. While the balcony is very well lit, the bathroom is basically a cave with a candlelight. The Vistana has CFLs everywhere and they apparently picked the lowest wattage bulbs for the bathroom. It was an amusing juxtaposition with the balcony light.
3. The washer/dryer unit and dishwasher are loud enough to be easily compared to the sound of a freight train. They both were in perfect working order. They're just bottom-of-the-barrel appliances.
4. The water in the kiddie pool in the Fountains section is not replaced. It just sits in there. While I'm sure it's treated, I watched at least one kid get out with a residual #2 seeping out of his drawers.
5. The resort is oddly frequented by tons of Canadians and Michiganders (i.e., pleasant people).
6. The rooms come with pretty nice HD television sets. However, the cable service at the resort is atrocious. It's a bad mix of over the air TV stations and non-HD channels. The most amusing detail is that the "Sheraton" channel reception is so bad you can hardly make out the words on the screen. While I'm sure people aren't staying here for the television service, it seems like a pretty basic service in this day and age.
7. The resort provides a serviceable free wi-fi service. It works in the rooms and at the pool. It's outstanding! You can FaceTime during non-peak hours fairly easily.
8. The towel situation at the pool changed over the last year. There is robust enforcement of the "one towel policy" and the "no towel for you" policy. You needed a towel card this year to get a towel and you were likely to receive a lecture or "put that towel back" comment from the pool attendants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each villa features Sheraton amenities and special touches, like bathrooms with whirlpool tubs and screened-in patios or balconies. Close to theme parks, exceptional golf and world-famous beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Orlando
- Sheraton Vistana Orlando
- Vistana Resort Orlando
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Lake Buena Vista
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Florida
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Orlando Florida
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton Vistana Florida
- Sheratons Vistana Resort