This is our home resort which we bought on the resale market for the RCI points. It is our third time in Orlando but first time staying here. We reserved a 2 bdrm unit and we stayed in a ground floor unit in the Fountains section. The unit was very spacious with comfortable beds, a screened in patio and easy parking. There are no elevators so if hauling suitcases up to the 3rd story is a problem get a lower room. We have stayed at the newer Orlando Sheraton Vistana resort and prefer this one. The fountains section has it's own pool area which was very nice but slightly smaller then the main pool. Both pools have snack bar/ restaurant/full bar service. There is a general store in the Cascades section of the resort that has almost everything from swimwear to groceries and a business center where u can print boarding passes, etc. you can go online and have them prestock your frig for you prior to arrival. You do pay for the convenience with a 9oz box of Cheerios going for $5.99. There is a Publix grocery market just blocks away on Vineland that I would recommend for larger shopping trips. They have a large selection of deli items, cut up fruit and other items geared toward the visitor. There are also a full compliment of outlet stores nearby should you forget to bring your flip-flops or enough shorts.
Disneyworld is close by. Make a right turn as you leave the resort, right at the next light then you go straight into Disneyworld. Surprisingly, Sheraton's transportation options to Disney are limited. $9 per person round trip with access to just 2 of the parks. I have stayed elsewhere with free transportation to all the parks.
Check-in went smoothly and the initial timeshare pitch was limited. We were impressed until we got 3 more calls in our room pestering us to attend. On the 4th call I think they got the message from my angry wife that we wouldn't be attending! Very unnecessary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each villa features Sheraton amenities and special touches, like bathrooms with whirlpool tubs and screened-in patios or balconies. Close to theme parks, exceptional golf and world-famous beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Orlando
- Sheraton Vistana Orlando
- Vistana Resort Orlando
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Lake Buena Vista
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Florida
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Orlando Florida
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton Vistana Florida
- Sheratons Vistana Resort