“Must visit if you're on the dining plan” 5 of 5 stars

(407) WDW-DINE
Improve this listing
Ranked #264 of 3,166 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Description: The Wave...of American Flavors at Disney's Contemporary Resort is a casual restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here, you can enjoy American-style dishes with international flavors, healthy dining options and trendy cocktails.BreakfastChoose from a la carte breakfast options or a bountiful buffet and enjoy a delicious start to your day at The Wave...of American Flavors. The a la carte menu features traditional American breakfast fare, like egg dishes, Muesli and Omega Berry Smoothies. For a speedier dining experience, the breakfast buffet is sure to satisfy your appetite. Savor all-you-care-to-enjoy servings of breakfast favorites, including eggs Benedict, cheese grits, sweet potato pancakes, Mickey waffles, house-made granola and more.LunchFor lunch, light eaters can choose from chilled Laughing Bird citrus-marinated shrimp, lump crab-Florida rock shrimp cakes with cucumber tomato salsa, crispy salads, or a delicious vegetarian wrap with seasonal vegetables and fajita-seasoned tofu. And for the heartier eater, the menu includes a classic Reuben sandwich, and a bison burger served with salsa verde and a 3-cheese spread.DinnerEvenings bring distinctive dinners that combine American and world flavors, such as a sustainable fish selection paired with corn and edamame (soybean) stew and cilantro chutney, grilled beef tenderloin with shallot butter, potato gateau and summer ratatouille, or naturally raised, oven-roasted chicken with locally sourced seasonal vegetables.Refreshing BeveragesEnjoy the featured trendy cocktails for Guests 21 years of age or older, like the Mudslide Martini (Baileys® Irish Cream, vanilla vodka, Kahlua® liqueur and vanilla ice cream) or the Antioxidant Cocktail (wild berry vodka, black raspberry liqueur, acai and other juices). Delight in sparkling wines from Tasmania, Rieslings from South Australia, floral New Wave whites from Argentina, Pinot Gris from Oregon and Pinot Noirs from New Zealand, along with certified organic beers from Orlando Brewing Company.DessertsTop it all off with The Wave...of American Flavors' signature dessert trios. Choose from New York-style cheesecake with house-made seasonal fruit compote, white chocolate crème brulee with raspberry macaroon, olive oil-infused chocolate truffle mousse with salted caramel sauce and more!Whether you're seeking imaginative desserts, classic breakfast favorites or international fusion cuisine, this restaurant delivers a variety of delectable dining experiences. Walk through the brushed steel arch ""tunnel"" into The Wave...of American Flavors and find out what culinary treats await you!
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Must visit if you're on the dining plan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

I was hesitant that the food at The Wave would be too froo-froo for my tween/teen daughters, but this was our best dining experience yet! Our server was extremely friendly and helpful, immediately asking if the girls liked what they saw on the adult menu or if we needed to get creative. She recommended the beef tenderloin and offered many alternative side dishes to them. She also pointed out that the smoothies could be ordered as a beverage under the dining plan. Before our entrees arrived, we had the most delicious bread. My "white bread only" family thoroughly enjoyed the multi- grain bread that was perfectly soft with a chewy crust. The beef tenderloin was cooked as ordered and the potato casserole it came with was creamy and delicious. I got the pork tenderloin with an equally good spinach and bread salad. The portions were enough that you felt satisfied but not so big that you couldn't enjoy dessert, and the desserts were excellent. There were 4 "tasting" options that came with 3 small servings each. Our bill had we not been on the dining plan would have been $167 for the four of us. Thankfully, we only had to pay the tip!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Houston, Texas
“Exellent lunch away from the "kingdom"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We enjoyed our mid-day break from Magic Kingdom with a late lunch at The Wave in the Contempary Hotel. The food was extremely fresh and unique. Excellent seasoning and full of flavor. I had fresh fish of the day (sea bass), my husband had the black bean chili as appetizer (yummy!) along with an excellent filet cooked perfectly. Excellent service, No complaints at all.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington Township, New Jersey
“Went for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Food was fresh, hot an tasty. Creative menu using local ingredients, had the soup and 1/2 sandwich which was delicious. They even acomodated my husband who wanted breakfast!

Visited February 2012
Towson, MD
“All the flavor at half the cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Kim, our server knew the menu and could CLEARLY explain what the cook was artistically expressing.
On the meal plan we got an entree, soft beverage and dessert. We had a beer waiting for the table, about $6.50 each..mine was an Orange Blossom beer brewed with honey, very tasty
Try the corn soup with bacon!
Service was great, the ambiance almost made me forget we were in a hotel.
The dessert sampler was a GRAND IDEA!

Visited March 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“A Must-Eat in Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

On a recent trip to Disney world, my family & I had lunch here with some friends. After an interesting trip getting to the Contemporary Resort (The monorail was down that day; typically, it is easy to get there.) we walked in at about 2:00 on the dot. The restaurant's lunch hours end at 2:00 & they close for a few hours to prepare for dinner. We fully expected to be turned away, but were instead immediately invited in & seated.

The service was very good. The Maitre d', the young lady who seated us (& of course, our server) were all very pleasant. Customer service usually is a strong point for Disney, & this restaurant was no exception.

The decor is quite nice. It is upscale, but still manages to retain a bit of a casual vibe. The seating was comfortable & the tables well-spaced. As we hit the end of lunch, I can't with any authority speak to the noise level of the room when crowded, but the space did not seem like it would reverberate very much.

But the reason I & my family & friends made the trek to The Wave was: the food. We had heard it was exceptional & were not disappointed. I had the Pan-Seared Sea Scallops & the Wave Cobb salad. My husband ordered the Bison Burger, & our friend ordered the Appetizer for Two (consisting of Pan-Seared Scallops & Lump Crab - Shrimp Cakes). All was delicious & beautifully presented. I actually took pictures & I have never before taken pictures of my food. Needless to say, every single bite was thoroughly enjoyed.

Personally, I think one of the real stand-outs at The Wave is their kids menu. Like most, this restaurant offers a child's menu that doubles as an activity book to colour. But unlike most, they actually offer real food on it, instead of solely chicken nuggets & the like. This meal was the first (& probably last) time that I ordered off of the child's menu for my child. The child's meal at The Wave consists of an appetizer, entree, & dessert (with multiple choices for each). We ordered a garden salad, petit filet (mignon, that is), & vanilla gelato for dessert.

Oh my word, I was so incredibly surprised at the quality of food that my child was served. We adults tasted the food & enjoyed it. The portion size was very good, as well. I had been beginning to think that Disney believed that all children ate only junk food, so it was nice to find a place that served children like it served adults.

And the Gelato? That was shared between us all. We were wondering if we could order a pint to take home, because it was absolutely delectable!

In short, lunch at The Wave is a wonderful way to spend a meal.

• Visited March 2012