“"Best All Around Restarant" is not what we expected.” 3 of 5 stars

(407) WDW-DINE
Improve this listing
Ranked #263 of 3,167 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Description: The Wave...of American Flavors at Disney's Contemporary Resort is a casual restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Here, you can enjoy American-style dishes with international flavors, healthy dining options and trendy cocktails.BreakfastChoose from a la carte breakfast options or a bountiful buffet and enjoy a delicious start to your day at The Wave...of American Flavors. The a la carte menu features traditional American breakfast fare, like egg dishes, Muesli and Omega Berry Smoothies. For a speedier dining experience, the breakfast buffet is sure to satisfy your appetite. Savor all-you-care-to-enjoy servings of breakfast favorites, including eggs Benedict, cheese grits, sweet potato pancakes, Mickey waffles, house-made granola and more.LunchFor lunch, light eaters can choose from chilled Laughing Bird citrus-marinated shrimp, lump crab-Florida rock shrimp cakes with cucumber tomato salsa, crispy salads, or a delicious vegetarian wrap with seasonal vegetables and fajita-seasoned tofu. And for the heartier eater, the menu includes a classic Reuben sandwich, and a bison burger served with salsa verde and a 3-cheese spread.DinnerEvenings bring distinctive dinners that combine American and world flavors, such as a sustainable fish selection paired with corn and edamame (soybean) stew and cilantro chutney, grilled beef tenderloin with shallot butter, potato gateau and summer ratatouille, or naturally raised, oven-roasted chicken with locally sourced seasonal vegetables.Refreshing BeveragesEnjoy the featured trendy cocktails for Guests 21 years of age or older, like the Mudslide Martini (Baileys® Irish Cream, vanilla vodka, Kahlua® liqueur and vanilla ice cream) or the Antioxidant Cocktail (wild berry vodka, black raspberry liqueur, acai and other juices). Delight in sparkling wines from Tasmania, Rieslings from South Australia, floral New Wave whites from Argentina, Pinot Gris from Oregon and Pinot Noirs from New Zealand, along with certified organic beers from Orlando Brewing Company.DessertsTop it all off with The Wave...of American Flavors' signature dessert trios. Choose from New York-style cheesecake with house-made seasonal fruit compote, white chocolate crème brulee with raspberry macaroon, olive oil-infused chocolate truffle mousse with salted caramel sauce and more!Whether you're seeking imaginative desserts, classic breakfast favorites or international fusion cuisine, this restaurant delivers a variety of delectable dining experiences. Walk through the brushed steel arch ""tunnel"" into The Wave...of American Flavors and find out what culinary treats await you!
San Antonio, Texas
“"Best All Around Restarant" is not what we expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I chose The Wave base on two things: 1. Birnbaum's guide said The Wave was the "best all around restaurant," 2. We were staying in The Contemporary.
When I read All Around Restaurant I assumed the food would be choices that were of normal American fare. The menu choices are generous, but the food taste and presentation is more of a Contemporary flare. My family of 5 was not pleased with what came to us. I had a "potato waffle" as part of my chicken dish. It wasn't good.
The service was good and the environment was warm, but unfortunately the food was less than all of us hoped.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Peoria, Illinois
“Decent meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Went here on July 3. Setting and ambiance are real nice. The entrees we had included the flatiron steak, the fish of the day and the linguini - - all good. Only complaint was the service - - nice guy, but service was slow (he was covering many tables in our area). If you are staying at Contemporary - or you would like a cool meal break from Magic Kingdom and you have trouble getting into the table service offerings in MK, check this one out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Outstanding food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I'd read quite a few glowing reviews about this new Disney restaurant, so during my last visit I made sure to give it a try. My sister and I had no problem making dinner reservations the day of. We got there a few minutes early and sat down at the bar to have cocktails while we waited to be seated, but were informed that our table was ready before we could even order. We were seated by the wall, which I think helped to give us a bit more privacy and quiet -- I could tell that the room can get quite noisy. I ordered an African wine flight, which was absolutely wonderful. My sister had a cocktail which she also rated highly.

I ordered the seasonal soup, which was something involving corn and squash and was delightful. It came with a tasty, peppery corn muffic that complemented it perfectly. I also had a duck and goat cheese salad, which was supurb. The quality of the duck was impressive -- each piece was juicy and fresh, clearly slow roasted beforehand. My sister ordered the apple-brined pork tenderloin with spinach salad, and even though she's a finnicky eater who tends to just pick at her plate, amazingly she polished off every bite (though I was able to sneak in a taste of her pork, and it was indeed deliciously flavorful and juicy). For dessert we shared the "American Flavors" dessert trio: 3 little dishes, all of which were wonderful and just the right size for us to get a taste of each but not feel overly full.

I've basically run out of positive adjectives to use for this restaurant, because truly, we had a fantastic meal and are planning to go again next time I visit Orlando.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southborough, Massachusetts
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We went to the restaurant at 6:45 PM on the Thursday of the July 4'th week, and the restaurant was nearly empty. Can't understand why, because the food was very good, service excellent. The Grouper (fish choice) was excellent. I had the chicken dish and it was also excellent. Everyone felt it was the best restaurant we visited in this trip to Disney.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Love the new buffet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

My wife and enjoyed breakfast here for our first full Disney day. Very convenient due to staying at Bay Lake. I especially liked the beautiful lox section, with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, sliced and whole hard boiled egg and capers. Delicious. My wife enjoyed her frittata. The organic food theme here works. Try it for dinner, too. Great fish!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere