“A Great B&B and a Great New Years Eve Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Inn   |   211 N. Lucerne Circle E., Orlando, FL 32801   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Orlando B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
tampa
“A Great B&B and a Great New Years Eve Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

Had tickets to the Capital One Bowl and wanted to spend New Years in Orlando. After looking online for a downtown hotel, I was met with exorbitant prices. I wanted to be within walking distance to downtown for new years eve and a quick cab ride from the Citrus Bowl. At $119 a night, the Courtyard was it !

I read a review where the person stated that this property was not tropical oasis due to the fact that it was next to an off ramp. Well... Hello... it is basically in Downtown Orlando! It is what I would call an urban Oasis. I found the tropical Garden wonderful! The neighborhood that the courtyard is in is beautiful with old Victorian mansions. I too saw a homeless person by the off-ramp as well as scattered throughout the city. At no time did any of them harass me or panhandle that I could see. I felt safe walking around. The resort is a 5 block walk to Pine and Church Streets which is where most of the bars/restaurants are located. If you are really concerned with walking, cabs are cheap and we never waited more than a couple of minutes for one (Call Yellow Cab at [--]). We also took advantage of the bicycle rickshaw people which were everywhere downtown.

The way I look at it, If I went out, bought a glass of wine, A couple of drinks, and breakfast, it would add up to 1/2 my bill at the Courtyard. Ok... on top of that, I had a huge apartment, Unit 309 with beautiful furnishings and clean surroundings. The room included a breakfast nook, a microwave, and a Fridge. Is it a 5 star resort, no... but I've had worst stays at 4 star resorts for sure.

All in all, this hotel exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to friends and family that might be visiting downtown Orlando.

• Liked — Location and Size of Room
  • Disliked — Nothing Major...
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

My husband and I work 16 hour days, 7 days a week and rarely get a chance to break away from our hectic schedules for a romantic retreat. Usually, we try to go to B&B's within a four hour drive of our home and this time took a chance on Orlando at the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne.

The website lists this property as "Tucked privately away in an intimate garden setting, " However, to our surprise, the off ramp to the interstate is literally 50 feet away from the front door! The constant sound of cars on the interstate made it anything but a retreat! The blinds to our room had one inch gaps on either side, giving everyone on the road a great view of our room and everything inside! While the grounds are lovely, the homeless people sleeping across the street were a bit off-putting. Especially, since the rear entrance of the garden does not have a gate and some of the rooms have doors that open to a public terrace.

On the plus side, the room itself is beautiful, the sheets soft and the hot tub very comfortable. We did not encounter the lack of cleanliness I read in other reviews. The wireless internet was convenient. We also really enjoyed the carafe of wine included in the room.

If you are looking for a homier alternative to a hotel, but do not require privacy, seclusion or silence, this could be a good option.

• Liked — The hot tub
  • Disliked — The off-ramp is fifty feet away from the door, the front desk always takes me to voice mail!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gainesville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2007

This bed and breakfast was in a great location in Orlando - downtown, away from the "touristy" stuff. Upon check in there were cocktails from 6-7, and we received a carafe of wine. There was a veranda attached to our room that overlooked the courtyard, which was very relaxing. The morning breakfast had an array of food from fruit to cereal to pastries. We will definitely stay here on our return trips to Orlando.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hudson River Valley, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

We recently spent a Friday and Saturday night at the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne as we were invited to a wedding being held there on Saturday afternoon.

This "inn" is made up of several buildings. We were put in a room in the 'art deco' building and it was awful. I felt like it was furnished at the salvation army. there was a dead cockroach on the bathroom floor. no curtains. ick. When we asked to move we were put in the 'honeymoon' suite, a definite step up but still not what i'd call romantic or luxurious by any means, it felt cleaner, but still no curtains (only blinds that let in far too much light all night).

When we arrived Friday evening there was a wedding going on in the middle courtyard (there are apparently 2 courtyard areas where wedding receptions go on. WE had to walk through mobs of people to get to our room. Saturday when the wedding we attended ended and we went to our room to rest there was another wedding going in the 2nd courtyard and I had to suffer through hours more of LOUD wedding music, dj, people walking by my room, etcetera.

albeit, the inn is a very nice location for a reception but if youre a guest who's not at the wedding the music blasting until 10pm is ANNOYING. You have to blare your TV, its best just to leave the property until the reception is over.

maybe the other buildings have nicer rooms and maybe a weeknight stay here when there is NO wedding going on it could be a quaint place to stay. oh did i mention the highway that just about passes over this place?

Breakfast is minimal, not the least bit exciting and nothing like many wonderful breakfast i've had at other bed and breakfast establishments.

• Liked — the courtyard wedding we attended was lovely
  • Disliked — NOISE
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2006

We recently had to find somewhere to stay in downtown Orlando as our grandaughter was having surgery at the childrens hospital there. The large hotels were all booked and we enjoy the intimacy of smaller hotels and B&B's. We were lucky enough to find online a great inn in downtown Orlando called the The Couryard at Lake Lucerne. Besides being very close to the medical centers it is in the historic district, close to church street station and the performing arts center, besides the financial and business district. They have four historic building and each is in a different era. We stayed in the Wellborn, from the art deco era, and was very pleased with the accommodations. It was a large apt. with a kitchen, living room, and seperate bedroom. It was very quiet, although the inn is right off the highway hidden in a luxurious canopy of tropical and typical southern trees and plants. We were greeted by the resident owls as we strolled the courtyard in the evening. The breakrast was perfect and the cost was very reasonable. They gave us a hospital rate, which none of the other nearby properties offered. We couldn't have been happier.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2005

We recently stayed at the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne while attending a wedding. It is definitely NOT what it's cracked up to be. We stayed in the house located where the main office is. Our room seemed nice, however, upon closer inspection was extremely dirty. The cleaning people didn't come until 1pm, and that is only after I started cleaning the room myself (mind you, there were only 5 rooms in the entire house!) The bed spread had huge brown spots on it, and there were dead bugs, dust, and pills under the bed. Disgusting! Also, the complementary breakfast was nothing to shout about. In addition, the area around the B&B lacked in anything to do, and the number of transients (aka:the bums) was overwhelming. If you're going to Orlando, PLEASE DO NOT stay here. It was truely the weekend from hell!

• Stayed March 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2004

I went to a friends wedding here and really enjoyed the whole experience. They have 4 historic homes on the property. (I stayed in the Dr. Phillips house, Turret room) The room was incredible! Whirlpool in the room, marble shower and the bed located in the Turret part of the room overlooking the lake. We enjoyed their complimentary cocktail hour and continental breakfast as well. The only drawback was the room was located on the third floor with no elevator. (quite a hike) Other then that I thought the property was very unique and relaxing. Stay in this house as it's the nicest of the four.

Been to The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne? Share your experiences!