“Excellent service and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent service and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2005

This place is terrific! Two room suite was perfect for my family of six. We had everything we needed! Close to restaurants and downtown disney area. Easy on and off the highway to disney world attractions close enough to come back for afternoon rest and back for the evening activities. My daughter left some items near the pool and housekeeping had them all packaged up neatly the next morning. Full kitchen was amazing and the staff delivered anything to our door that was missing. Awesome!

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2005

Great position, Clean and tidy rooms, staff that 'went the extra mile and very good value for money. We stayed in a two bedroom suite on the second floor, which was serviced every day to a very high standard. I had a problem with my laptop but the staff rallied around and got me out of a jam by allowing me to send faxes etc, free of charge. I cannot think of a better location for Disney World, except perhaps in it! You enter Disney gateway about three minutes after leaving Staybridge. Ignore the I18 and just turn right through the gates of Disney World, great for Downtown Disney. The pool is clean and there are a plentiful supply of towels by the poolside. The buffet breakfast is fine, and free! have no qualms about staying here, it's fine.

• Stayed September 2005
england
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

Just back from a 2 week stay and unfortunatly my experience was not as good as other postings. After reading all the positive comments and the website detailing room refurbishment in 2005 I was quite confident that this would be perfect for us.
We must have been very unlucky with our room. We were poolside, The floor space was great and newly decorated. Unfortunatly the kitchen let the suite down. The cabinets were chipped and water damaged, you could scrape grease off the hand grips and front doors of the lower cabinets. the hinges were rusty and caked in dirt. The microwave had dirt in the door and old food in the seams inside. The air conditioning vent in the living room was filthy and some of the furniture was soiled. In one of the bathrooms the handbasin was cracked and again the cabinets water damaged. My first complaint met with a promise of deep cleaning the next day, that wasn't done so on day 3 I asked to be moved. Was told a room was coming available that day so to repack all our cases and take our valuables out with us that day. After packing when we went to ask for a safety deposit box were told the room wasn't available after all and to come back that evening(wasted morning at the parks). The only rooms they could offer us were in the walkways between the buildings looking onto of the wall with large air conditioning vents outside the bedroom windows. Not ideal for a 14 night stay at $159 a night! Advised to ask at reception each night for next day availability. Was told the manager only worked 11am til 5pm (not true). So wrote to her and was offered the room we rejected a couple of days before. During the second week the kitchen was cleaned and checked by the manager. Other than the air vent and door grips you couldn't have told. Didn't actually use the kitchen during our stay.If we hadn't paid in advance I would have moved on.
This was our 8th visit to Orlando staying in a variety of hotel/motels and have stayed in better that were much cheaper. Its position is good for Disney,the facilities and communal areas were good, breakfast a bonus and apart from two of the receptionists, staff were very pleasant. Other than the reception area and breakfast room the place just looks a bit wellworn. Windows, walkways and paths dirty, staircases rusty, broken planters around the pool.
I wouldn't stay again just because of the hassel.

• Stayed August 2005
Northwest , England.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

Date 19 July 05- 2 Aug 05.
We have just had a two week holiday in Florida and stayed at the Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista. The suites are absoloutly fantastic and so are the staff. On our arrival the staff were very pleasant and helpfull. On our first day we found our safety deposit box was broken I reported it to the staff and it was repaired imediately. A few days later I could not open the safety deposit box as the battery had run flat I reported it to the staff and they came to fix it in less than five mins. The suites are very very comfortable with every home comfort you will need. There is a dish washer which if you dont fill and turn on, the house keeper will do that for you. Every day the house keeper came to make beds and change them as necessary and they emptied bins and left clean towels, soap, shampoo, tissues etc. The buffet breakfast was very good and you could have as much as you like, although by the end of two weeks I did become fed up of eating scrambled egg. The sundowner was also very good with a limited choice. The pool was very good and open till late, it was nice after a long day at Disney etc, you did not need your own towels at the pool as they were also provided. The staff where more than happy to call you a cab at night if you needed one. The suites are situated close to all the Disney parks and there is a free bus service from the suites. The air-conditioning was very welcome as the temps were in the late 90's you could adjust the setting for your own comfort. At the back of the suites is a supermarket this sells everything you need if you want to cook yourself. There are also lots of eating places close by the China Buffet is excellent value for money, especially if you have a large appetite as you can eat as much as you like. Overall we had no faults about the accomodation or staff. Would go again. Best holiday we have ever had.

Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2005

Hi all! My family and I just returned from a weeks vacation in Orlando/Disney. We stayed with family for the first few days and the rest were at the Staybridge Suites in Lake Buena Vista. I would like to say NEXT time we go down (My wife and I and my 3 young children) we may just skip Disney and the relatives and just stay here! The room was spacious and immaculate!! (Room 731, 2 bedroom suite..) The pool was NEVER crowded and in perfect shape/temperature. The free breakfast was MUCH more than I expected! Quite a layout! During the week they have what is called a 'Sundowner'. ( Beer, wine, soda and food...FREE!) Also, the grounds were well maintained and this hotel/resort was VERY close to everything for a Disney vacation. As parents, family vacations can be sometimes trying with young children. I can say the last few days at Staybridge Suites.....saved the trip!

• Stayed August 2005
Warrington,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2005

I have just returned from a seven-day stay in Staybridge Suites where I stayed with my wife, daughter and son aged 15 & 13.The first thing is location, which is excellent for getting straight onto the I4 and heading to the parks or west coast etc. The suite itself had two bedrooms,two bathrooms,living room and kitchen. We had a ground floor suite which suited us the only thing was that the ground floor rooms seem to get whatever insects are around coming through the open doorway of a night.The kitchen was well equipped and had everything necessary to cook typical family meals including full size oven with six rings etc.
The food at breakfast time is just ok and a bit repetitive after seven days stay but there was enough choice that nobody went hungry, you can also have your breakfast outside which is very pleasant. The kids loved the pooland it was great to come home for a swim after long days it stayed open until 11.00pm.There is also free Internet access, but some guests disregard the twenty minute per day usage politely requested but not enforced.
We would recommend to families and would return again.

• Stayed July 2005
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2005

Just arrived home from a 3 week stay at the staybridge suites lake beuna vista, We had a 1 bedroom suite which had all that we needed and more. King size bed,2 large television with 80 channels. e.g. cartoon network and nick tv for the kids. safe in the room and kitchen with microwave,dishwasher,cooker e.t.c. The staff were very pleasant and the rooms were cleaned everyday. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone with or without kids. The location was perfect, 5 mins to disney, 10-15 min to universal,seaworld and wet and wild.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!