“Great hotel at a great price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Montgomery, Alabama
“Great hotel at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We stayed for 6 nights while visiting Disney World. This is a much better price than what you can get on the resort. Location is very convenient to Disney or I-4 so you can easily get to other parks. They offer a free breakfast, which saves money.

Pros
Cleanliness, location, price, modern, pool, friendly staff.
Cons
No elevators for upper floors, shuttles to parks are limited.

I would stay here again. Great value

Room Tip: I would try to stay away from the pool since it can get crowded and loud at times. Luckily we were n...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

5 of us 3 adults 2 children stayed in a 2 bedroomed suite. There was plenty of room, nicely decorated couldn't fault the room or room service. We were on the second floor, only problem we had was with the family above us thought it was great to run, jump and bang about every night at 1.15 am for an hour. The breakfast was excellent, best scrambled eggs I have tasted. There is variety, some people have moaned on here, but seriously there is something for everyone. We made use of the transfer bus which was excellent it takes the stress out of driving. The location is fabulous with Downtown Disneybeing close by. Winn Dixie and ABC is behind along with Papa Johns. A favourite of ours is the Olive Garden which is a 10 min walk, if you go further down there is an area with lots of restaurants with a TGI Fridays which was excellent so much better than the ones we have in England.
We will be back, everything about The Staybridge is fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014
Goodyear, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The check in staff was very helpful. The room was clean. The poolside location was a bit noisy. the pool commotion went on till 11 pm each night. Transportation to and from the parks was on time and comfortable. We were on the third floor which is a bit much when you are carrying multiple suitcases. If I was to stay here again I would request an outside room on the bottom floor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This location is fabulous if you are going to Downtown Disney (not even two miles) or any of the Disney parks. It is right off the highway without being too close and is tucked away on a side street so you are off the main strip and you don't hear traffic or noise at all. There are TONS of restaurants within walking distance and a grocery store literally next door to stock up on necessities. Parking is free and plentiful. We felt completely safe at this location.

We stayed in the two bedroom suite which has a living room space and a kitchen between the two rooms. Each room had its own tv, bathroom and closet. (One closet was large enough to fit a crib for those with young ones, though it did not have a door. ) The kitchen has everything you would need, a microwave, toaster, dishes, glasses, a full sized fridge, stove, dishwasher....the perfect setup for those wishing to buy groceries to save a little bit of money versus going out for every meal. They provided a small bottle of dish soap for those wondering if you need to bring your own. There was also a little coffee maker in room.

Breakfast was the same each day save for the rotating meat choice between sausage and bacon. There were pancakes, a few cereal choices, small doughnuts, assorted breads and scrambled eggs as well as bananas and hard boiled eggs. I must eat wheat free so the latter two choices were my only options all five mornings we stayed but I do understand that they cannot cater to all diets.

Tuesday through Thursday nights they have a "happy hour" in the breakfast area and guests can enjoy beer or wine and a snack. The night we attended there were chips and salsa and guacamole. It was quite nice, all free of charge. (Honor system for age, they accepted tips.) There is a lovely courtyard to sit in and even grills if you want to follow this up with a BBQ on your own.

The pool was great. Always clean with ample clean towels and seating. If was never too busy or overcrowded during our stay. There is a kiddie pool for the little ones and it is gated for safety.

I loved participating in the little lending library...you could exchange a book you've read for another, such a great resource for good vacation reads!

All maintenance and cleaning staff we encountered were super friendly and helpful. We never were able to have our room cleaned due to them coming so late in the afternoon (between 2:30 & 5) as it always was during my kids nap times but they did exchange our towels and emptied our trashes at the door each day. (Meaning I cannot speak to the housekeeping other than when we moved the furniture to "corral" the kids we found two pills and some other trash.)

There were two things that I'd say need to be addressed at stay-bridge suites to make it a five star from me. First off the carpets were in DiRE need of a good cleaning. My young babies were crawling all over the place and their pajamas were RuinED by the carpets. The knees and elbows were all black from the rubbing against the carpet. I debated looking for places with hardwoods or tile to stay for this reason but wanted to stay in the IHG brand and so our choices were limited. I had to throw out the pajamas they wore around the suite and I couldn't dress them in cute outfits unless we were running out the door for fear of ruining them so those with young ones should be aware. I do have pictures I can upload upon request.

The second negative was the check in experience. I had called ahead asking for an early check in and was was first told it would not be a problem and on my second call was told we could come early and "might" be able to get into the roo, but could at least use the pool while we waited. Having three children under three we desperately need to get the kids in and into their beds for their naps. We were not allowed in as they claimed the room wasn't ready and had to sit in the car for over two hours (after an 11 hour ride you can imagine it was not pleasant...) I kept checking back explaining our dilemma but there seemed to be some disconnect between staff members. The girl at the front desk seemed to be new and the supervisor was quite unpleasant ( on both days I encountered her.) The girl would check a clipboard and then call housekeeping and ask them to check but never seemed to get a straight answer if the room was ready and no effort was made to follow up. I was told we "were not guaranteed check in before 4 pm" when I expressed discontent. It was just frustrating because the room, once we were allowed in did not smell of cleaner or antiseptic of any sort. (We were not let in until after 4 pm when I checked back a fourth time though I'd given her my number to call me in the car once it was ready.) It appeared to have been ready for some time. It also did not have the cribs that I'd requested in it after all of this. (I had put it on the booking info, called ahead about it AnD reminded her at the front desk.) So we then waited on those to be brought up for our long awaited naps. This process I just think could've been a great deal smoother if communication between the front staff and the cleaning people was a little better.

Would we stay here again? Heck yes! We will just pack old pajamas for the kids and plan our arrival for a later time. Overall it was an amazing place with lots of room in a great location. I've already recommended it to friends...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Myself and my family had a wonderful stay. We did a 4 day trip to WDW. Great places to stay. Clean, comfortable and modern feel to the rooms. Beds where comfy. When we checked in we were misssing a tv remote and one of our clocks was displaying the wrong time. I called down to the front desk to ask them if they could resolve it after we step out of the room. They sure did. It was also great to have call backs making sure everything was taken care of and even the GM gave us a call letting us know if we needed her for anything she worked Monday thru Friday and if it was a weekend that the front desk could call her. All and all I think we had better guest service here than we had a WDW. Thank you SBS Lake Buena Vista Staff! You were truley awesome.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

party of 9 people travelled from ireland and satyed in this hotel. had a fantastic time. Found the hotel very accomidating and helpfull. The staff were fantastic. Great location very near disney and fantastic shuttle service to disney parks. would happpily reccommend this hotel to anyone.

Lake Grove, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

9 years ago was our very first time my husband and I flew with our 4 kids on vacation. we went to Disney in Orlando and we stayed at the Stay bridge Suites in LBV Orlando. The room had everything that we needed. 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, living, dining and full kitchen with glasses, dishes and utensils. the room was a little shabby and small but it was clean and we had good service. The pool area was and still is lovely and has a kiddie pool and hot tub as well. It accommodates all guests. The (FREE) breakfast area is also accommodating to all guests and great for those of us with large families and looking to stretch our dollars.
Moving ahead to Last week...... Everything is almost exactly the same EXCEPT that all the rooms have been updated to todays style and the hotel grounds are beautifully maintained. The staff are all friendly and accommodating as well.

Room Tip: There are creepy crawlies out and about so the second floor or third is recommended.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!