“Enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
CA
“Enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I went to Orlando for a conference for work. I couldn't stay at the hotel where the conference was held as it was too expensive, so I wanted to find a place within a mile of the conference and had a kitchen in the room. I found Staybridge through a google map search. I decided to take a chance as some of the reviews were not very favorable. I'm glad I made the choice and it was a good experience.

The room was nicely decorated but not overly decorated so you wouldn't have to worry about kids breaking anything. The room was a bit dark as the furniture was dark wood and the kitchen had black appliances. but there were plenty of overhead lights to make it bright and the window (with a blackout curtain) in the living room let in plenty of light. The kitchen had a full sized refrigerator, a four burner stove with a full sized oven and a dishwasher. There was enough silverware,plates and such for four people, a variety of pans, cooking utensils and a a coffee maker. There was coffee, sugar for your first morning and salt and pepper in the cupboard. They supplied a small bottle of dish detergent and the dishwashing soap. The kitchen was clean when I walked in.

The best thing was the shower - good water pressure. Most hotels have horrible water pressure so the shower spray is a light rain, so this was nice. The selection of TV stations was great - it looked like it had the regular cable and local stations. There was a DVD player in the living room. The bedroom had its own TV - both TVs were flat screen. WiFi was very nice. I was able to play my online MMO (Guild Wars2, WoW) games and connect to my Mincecraft server without any issues. This was VERY nice to have.

Breakfast was nice - scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, bread and a waffle station - I didn't try the waffles so I don't know how it worked. On Tuesday - Thursday they had a 'snack' from 5:30 - 7:30 - look on the refrigerator for the schedule before you go shopping as the snack would make a great addition to your meal or could be your meal. They also served beer on tap and soda drinks at the meal at the snack meals.

The site was clean. I didn't try the pool or spa while I was there but when I walked through the area, it looked clean. There are places set up to eat outside, if you wanted.

The Winn Dixie grocery store is within walking distance (0.1 mile) from the hotel. There is also a Papa John's pizza place in that shopping center. There were a number of restaurants near the hotel all within walking distance. A Walgreen drug store was across the street as you turned into the hotel complex. It was very nice to have all of these amenities within walking distance

The only downside to the room was no balcony and no way to open the window to let in fresh air. The air conditioner worked very nicely and was not loud.

Over all this was a great place to stay and I would definitely stay here again if I returned to the Orlando area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have had a chip on my shoulder about Holiday Inn properties since my early days of business travel and some unfortunate experiences. However, I have found recently that the Holiday Inn Express chain and now Staybridge Suites are pretty nice hotels. The room here was a realy suprise. Very up to date and roomy. It was perfect for 3 people. We really enjoyed our stay.

The breakfast wasn't fantastic but it was efficient which was a real plus. The food was pretty standard fair. Howver, It was nice to eat outside on the patio. Can't beat that.

My wife and daughter made use of the shuttle to EPCOT. It made two trips over in the morning and two back at night. This worked out fine for them. They did have to stop at 2 hotels on the way to the park and 1 on the way home. Given a choice between driving over and parking or taking the shuttle my wife said she would take the shuttle.

One of our real suprises was reading the signs next to the pond when we were walking around the buildings and area. It said "No Swimming, wading or Playing on the Grass. No feeding the aligators". I'm hoping the playing on the grass and feeding the aligators are two different concepts. We didn't see any aligators.

Plenty of resteraunts withing walking distance.

Room Tip: If you want to go to sleep early don't get a room facing the pool. The pool closes at 11 PM and...
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites for 2 nights. Very attentive service, great breakfast and super clean rooms. All amenities were great. My daughter forgot her charger for her laptop there and when I called the next day housekeeping found the item and placed it in lost and found. They gave us a service to get the package to my daughter and was there when promised. Overall Awesome stay.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath suite. We are a family of four. Very roomy suite with separate bedrooms, kitchen, dining room table, and living room. Had everything we needed. Our children connected to the wi-fi with their phones. They had no complaints about it. I overheard the front desk saying they just spent $90,000.00 improving the internet. The breakfast was good. We asked for and got a first floor room by the pool. We did not have noise problems. The beds were comfortable. We did not use the pool or jacuzzi although they looked clean. There's a Walgreens across the street and a Winn Dixie, ABC Liquor, and Papa John's Pizza a block over. Across the street (and within walking distance) there is also a shopping center with some restaurants in it - a Steak N Shake, a Mexican restaurant, a Chinese restaurant, and an Italian restaurant named Giordano's. We tried Giordano's. They are famous for their pizza pies but we didn't get pizzas. We ordered steak sandwiches, chicken parmesan, and I ordered cheese raviolis in alfredo sauce. We all thought our food was mediocre at best. My raviolis were luke warm. All our food tasted like they were frozen and reheated. The steak sandwiches tasted like Steak-Ums. We will never eat there again. Maybe their pizza pies are good but not the rest of their food. Also, the restaurant is noisy and not a relaxing place for a meal. The only con about Staybridge Suites is its location. It is along a main drag to Disney and there are lots of lights and lots of traffic. It takes a while to get through traffic. Because of the traffic, we didn't want to venture too far from the hotel for meals. There is a Macaroni Grill close by. Staybridge is on the north side of I-4. On the south side of I-4 are more restaurants and a Starbucks. Further on down is a Super Walmart too. This is all on the same road as Staybridge. We went to Disney for a day and drove our own car. Parking at Disney is $14.00. We didn't want to wait for the shuttle to Disney so we drove. We did love our suite and will stay there again. The staff was very friendly and it was affordable.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. Ask for a first floor room if someone in your party can't walk up stair...
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have stayed at Holiday Inn properties before, but this was the first time at a Staybridge Suites. We will stay there again when in the Orlando area. Wonderful hotel for a great price. It is located on a street where there are many familiar restaurants, there is a Winn Dixie next door, and a Walgreens across the street. Close to Disney. We were able to buy our theme park tickets right in the hotel lobby. There are many amenities.

The rooms are very nice. We asked for one on the back side of the hotel on the top (3rd) floor. There was no hotel noise or street noise. The bedroom and closet where spacious. The kitchen is fully furnished with stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer with auto icemaker. Dishes, pots and pans, and silverware are included. Housekeeping did a great job.

The heated pool/whirlpool/kiddie pool are in the interior courtyard. The courtyard has tables and chairs for eating or relaxing. Very quiet and peaceful there with palm trees and plantings galore.

The breakfast is free and includes varieties of cold/hot cereal, sausage/bacon, waffles, bagels, toast, english muffins, fresh fruit, hard boiled/scrambled eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, and tea. Plenty of choices for variety. The managers special is several evenings a week and was a nice snack to tide us over until dinner. They served the makings for nachos, and even had hotdogs and hamburgers one night. Free beer, wine and sodas are included.

Only downside was the WIFI. It was not consistant. They did send someone up to check on it for us, but the WIFI service did not improve during our stay.

United States of America
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Here for business, will be back for vacation with the family. Great Breakfast, and happy hour was a great bonus!. Free High Speed Wi-Fi made staying in touch with family easy. Attraction Tickets are available at the desk so when I return with the family, planning our itetinerary will be a breeze!

Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We only stayed here for 3 nights in-between our stay at Universal and Disney. For the price the 2 bedroom was great as we are a family of 5. Good location for a few nights lots or shops and places to eat. Room was lovely, staff helpful. Loved the afternoon drinks but food was not very good, Breakfast was fine. Overall can not fault the place and would stay again. We were on the third floor and didnt here any noise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!