I went to Orlando for a conference for work. I couldn't stay at the hotel where the conference was held as it was too expensive, so I wanted to find a place within a mile of the conference and had a kitchen in the room. I found Staybridge through a google map search. I decided to take a chance as some of the reviews were not very favorable. I'm glad I made the choice and it was a good experience.
The room was nicely decorated but not overly decorated so you wouldn't have to worry about kids breaking anything. The room was a bit dark as the furniture was dark wood and the kitchen had black appliances. but there were plenty of overhead lights to make it bright and the window (with a blackout curtain) in the living room let in plenty of light. The kitchen had a full sized refrigerator, a four burner stove with a full sized oven and a dishwasher. There was enough silverware,plates and such for four people, a variety of pans, cooking utensils and a a coffee maker. There was coffee, sugar for your first morning and salt and pepper in the cupboard. They supplied a small bottle of dish detergent and the dishwashing soap. The kitchen was clean when I walked in.
The best thing was the shower - good water pressure. Most hotels have horrible water pressure so the shower spray is a light rain, so this was nice. The selection of TV stations was great - it looked like it had the regular cable and local stations. There was a DVD player in the living room. The bedroom had its own TV - both TVs were flat screen. WiFi was very nice. I was able to play my online MMO (Guild Wars2, WoW) games and connect to my Mincecraft server without any issues. This was VERY nice to have.
Breakfast was nice - scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, bread and a waffle station - I didn't try the waffles so I don't know how it worked. On Tuesday - Thursday they had a 'snack' from 5:30 - 7:30 - look on the refrigerator for the schedule before you go shopping as the snack would make a great addition to your meal or could be your meal. They also served beer on tap and soda drinks at the meal at the snack meals.
The site was clean. I didn't try the pool or spa while I was there but when I walked through the area, it looked clean. There are places set up to eat outside, if you wanted.
The Winn Dixie grocery store is within walking distance (0.1 mile) from the hotel. There is also a Papa John's pizza place in that shopping center. There were a number of restaurants near the hotel all within walking distance. A Walgreen drug store was across the street as you turned into the hotel complex. It was very nice to have all of these amenities within walking distance
The only downside to the room was no balcony and no way to open the window to let in fresh air. The air conditioner worked very nicely and was not loud.
Over all this was a great place to stay and I would definitely stay here again if I returned to the Orlando area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista is the perfect spot to choose as your home base for your next Disney Vacation. Located in the Lake Buena Vista Resort Area, the hotel is just one mile from the magic of the Walt Disney World; Resort. Our Signature Two Bedroom/Two Bath Suites provide comfort and convenience for everyone in the family. Other attractions nearby include Universal Orlando and Sea World. Convenience and comfort abound at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista. With this convenient location you'll find numerous restaurants, shops, and small attractions are either within walking distance or just a short drive away. On property you will find recently redecorated suites, an inviting lobby area, beautifully landscaped grounds, courtyards, gazebo sitting area, a heated swimming pool, children's pool, jacuzzi, video game room, as well as laundry facilities. Our Disney Vacation Packages offer flexibility and money saving options. Magic Your Way Tickets offer each family the ability to customize their tickets for their next Disney Vacation. Getting to the parks is also no problem, with the complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the four Walt Disney World Parks. Our Reservation Sales Agents are standing by to help you plan your next magical Orlando Vacation. Call our Orlando Reservations Office at (800)866-4549 and make Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, Your Place! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Staybridge Suites