“Great place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here on and off over the last four year, so before during and after renovation...place has always been good and clean ....close to resturants and shoppping....give tjem a try breakfast buffet included....

• Stayed April 2013

1,003 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I are currently at the Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista for 3 months on business and we couldn't be happier with the beautiful rooms with comfortable king sized bed, full kitchen and living area. The service has been amazing from front desk to maintanance to our favorite housekeeper Noemi. We have our service dog with us who looks forward to seeing her smile every day. The pool area is beautiful, the breakfast buffet and social hour 3 days a week are a plus. We travel frequently and this place is by far the best! If you are looking for a nice place to stay, book your room here, you won't be disappointed. Thank you all for making our stay so enjoyable. If we ever are back in this area, we will definitey be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family and I stayed here the last week of March 2013 for Spring Break and knowing that it would be crowded at the time of the year, we booked this condo back in July 2012. We rented a 2 bedroom 2 bath and it was newly renovated - VERY NICE!!! But for as far in advance that I booked this trip, they put us towards the back of one of the units which faced the street and since our door faced that direction you could hear the traffic all night long. It didn't help that the door didn't properly close (a gap - which I did mention to the front desk, but they told us they could not move us). So the first night we did not sleep at all. Our room was located on the third floor and there is no elevator, but when I booked the trip, my travel agent informed me of same. The 2 bedroom was more than enough room for the 5 of us when we were actually in it. The free breakfasts were a nice touch before hitting the parks (though the eggs were not so great) and the specials at night were a nice touch as well after being at the parks all day, the last thing we wanted to do was wait for food at a restaurant or cook our own meal. On our last night there, we took advantage of the grill and cooked out. There is a WinnDixie (grocery store) literally right behind the condo so a nice walk and we stocked up on bread, water, etc to take to the parks. There are also nice restaurants right next to the condo and Downtown Disney was too far to walk, but we did anyway, and ended up taking a taxi back. There is no bus service from the condo to Downtown Disney. And we utilized the laundry facility and that was sooo nice having that on the premises. It was not expensive at all and another guest let me use her laundry soap instead of buying it from the machines.

The bus service the condo provided was sparce but not complaining -- they could add a few more times to the them - going and coming. The first bus out was standing room only and got you to the parks shortly after opening, but the next bus caught (10:00 am) and you had a 2 hour waits at the rides. Again, not complaining at all - just FYI. One night, we missed our 7p.m. bus back from Magic Kingdom because the monorail broke down so we had to take an expensive taxi back to the condo ($35) and yes we could have waited until 9:45pm for the next bus, but we were exhausted and did not want to chance the monorail breaking down again (it took 30 min to fix the problem).

Other than that, the staff was extremely polite, outgoing, and informative. Iris, front desk, checked us in and was a tremendous help and a wealth of information. Such a lovely lady. The entire place was very clean and well kept.

We will definitely stay at a Staybridge Suites again and I highly recommend this one

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

As a family we spent 1 week out of 2 in the Staybridge Suites, just down the road from Disney in Lake Buena Vista. There were 2 adults and 1 six year old so we booked the accommodation with a separate bedroom and a bed settee.

The space was quite adequate for what we needed and the rooms were clean and tidy. They were also well equipped in the kitchen section. The bed was surprisingly comfortable too. the only criticism was that there was sometimes a degree of noise from rooms upstairs in the dead of night, but that's just luck of the draw.

We had a free breakfast buffet in with the booking and there was enough choice to just about suite even my fussy 6 year old.

The pool was clean and warm and I couldn't fault it.

The location was pretty good for being in easy read of Disney. The one thing that let it down was the local junction from the I4 and the 535 which often got very busy and snarled up which made getting through tricky on some occasions. Without delays, Disney parks were 5 to 10 minutes away by car and there was a free shuttle bus too.

There was free WIFI in the complex but it seemed a little temperamental, but it was still free. the overall value for money was good, it wasn't cheap but certainly was never going to break the bank. I'd certainly recommend this location and not hesitate at going back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was fully booked when we arrived, yet all of the staff still acted calm and friendly instead of running around while tearing their hair out. We had a problem with the oven vent and a very friendly maintenance worker arrived within minutes to fix it. The pool and outdoor area were always kept clean while we were there. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the room clean.The parking lot is kind of tight, especially when dealing with tour buses. There is a grocery store, liquor store, and a Walgreens just a short walk from the hotel, which worked out great for us. Disney is also very close, which unfortunately means that we had a lot of traffic to deal with. Traffic was backed up well past the hotel every time Disney was about to open or close, every day. I can't fault the hotel for that, though. We really appreciated the free breakfast every morning and the light dinner Tuesday through Thursday. We always found at least one thing all three of us picky eaters could eat for breakfast and it saved us quite a bit of money during our stay. We made dinner out of the "snacks" provided from 5pm to 8pm. I think it is a great idea because we were starving but too tired to go out to a restaurant after walking around the parks all day. We booked the 2 bedroom trio, which had plenty of closet space for us. The second bedroom and bath worked out well when our in-laws decided to spend a night with us. Our extended family was on vacation and each chose their own hotel. Everyone else wished they had the extra room that we had.

I have to admit that I'm not sure why everyone is gushing over the remodel. Perhaps I had a room that had not been remodeled yet, but it looked like I painted and decorated the room and that isn't a compliment. A lot of paint was peeling off of the bathroom doors and fell on the floor every time we shut the door. It wound up getting all over our socks and tracked all over the room. There were places, especially near the outlets, that begged for some spackle. And there were places where things were obviously painted around and then removed. It just looked "less than stellar" to me. We also thought the living room would be a bit larger. The website pictures show that there is plenty of room between the couch and the table, but there is not. We are not overweight people and we still felt the need to walk sideways while passing the table. I didn't take a star away for the awful paint job, though. What really matters to me is being able to sleep, which we had trouble doing. We hated the feather pillows and the bed wasn't comfortable. We heard every sound outside as if it was happening right next to us. Every window was closed, so we assumed it was poor insulation. The next morning when the room was still dark but it was light outside, we discovered that the door had HUGE gaps all around it. Because of this, I was tempted to only give three stars. After dragging kids all over Florida for a week, we really needed our sleep every night. We couldn't change rooms because the hotel was booked, so we were stuck. If we were less delicate people, this would have ruined our trip. But we are not, and I would stay here again but not in the same room. It is a shame I cannot remember the room number.

All in all, we were not going to get anything close to the space and amenities offered anywhere else for what we paid. Other family members paid about the same price and got one room with a mini fridge, and grouchy employees.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gobles, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at Lake Buena Vista Staybridge Suites as a six night (five days at Disney World) Spring Break package in March/April 2013. I booked the two bedroom suite through Priscilla for my wife and three children (ages 9, 12, and 14).

My goal in booking at this hotel versus staying onsite at Disney was to assure that we had and affordable room, close in vicinity to Disney World, free shuttle service to Disney World, rooms in close proximity to my parents and in-laws, workout facility, free hot breakfast, plenty of living space, pool and spa, and a kitchenette.

With those goals in mind, below is a list of our pros / cons of our decision to stay at this hotel.

Pros:
- Easy check-in, room was available and ready for our 6:00 PM check-in. Tickets were handed out, breakfast and shuttle was explained clearly.
- The rooms were beautiful and newly remodeled.
- The kitchen was fully stocked with silverware, dishes, coffee pot, microwave, stove, refrigerator (with ice maker), Pyrex casserole set, can opener, pots and pans, and dishwasher.
- Both bedrooms had their own bathroom
- Safe located in the master bedroom
- Fold out bed in living room
- Water was always hot
- Three flat screen televisions (my sons hooked up the Xbox 360 in their room)
- 750 square feet of spaciousness
- Coffee pods for coffee pot (Wolfgang Puck)
- We requested a bedding change one day (bedding is only changed weekly), and they fulfilled this request.
- Breakfast was okay. The area was clean and had plenty of seating. They have pop / soda, coffee, bagels / bread, donuts, three waffle makers, hot oatmeal (differing consistency day to day), cold cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, apples, bananas, milk (skim, whole, chocolate), and juice (orange and apple).
- One of the nights we arrived back to the hotel early enough to take advantage of the baked potato bar, salad bar, beer (Bud Light and Shock Top), wine, and pop (Coke products). Nice touch on an evening that we didn’t feel like going out.
- The hotel was in very close proximity to Disney World, several restaurants, and stores.

Cons:
- When you pull into the parking lot, the registration desk is straight ahead; there is no sign to indicate where it is located, so you might drive all the way around the property before coming to this realization.
- We traveled with my parents and in-laws; although I booked several months in advance and requested their room close to mine; this request was not honored.
- I found out after booking that this hotel is made up of three story buildings that are all external entry (no hallways) with no elevator. All of the buildings are in a general circle, with a courtyard and pool in the center. Our room was located inside the circle on the second floor, which required a little bit of a hike to carry luggage (no luggage cart available) to our room. This setup would not be advantageous for disabled or the elderly.
- The WIFI was horrible (to put it nicely). They notified us a check-in that the WIFI was still getting upgraded. This was very frustrating, and should not have taken so long to be upgraded; knowing a little bit about IT, this should have been fixed.
- Someone had noted in their Trip Advisor review about towels not being furnished at cleaning; we had one day that they did not get us fresh towels.
- After spending the entire day at the park, we looked forward to soaking in the hot tub. Take note; the hot tub is only open until 11:00.
- One night we went down to the hot tub and the heater was not on; after going to the front desk, the heat was turned on.
- The clean towel bags at the pool are not always full, make sure you have a towel before you get in; we had to request towels at the front desk.
- The jets on the hot tub are not placed on your back; instead they are in the crack between the seat and your back. I don't know who wants jets in their...
- The workout facility was grossly inadequate. New (but very cheap) equipment. It is located in probably a 12' X 12' room with a treadmill, exercise bike and elliptical machine. There is a television, towels and water available in this tiny room. If you aren't looking for it, you probably won't find it. A room key is required to be swiped for entry.
- The shuttle service was a joke. Although on time, we only took it on our first day to Disney World. The bus (a larger 80+ capacity) was already overfilled by the time it picked us up. Upon getting on the bus and walking to the back, we realized that it was already full (but we were already leaving the parking lot). There were no handles to stand up and ride, which made the situation very dangerous for my family. Even after overloaded, the bus continued to other resort hotels and picked up other guests. Like I said, this was the only day we rode the bus. For the remaining four days we drove to the park ($14 per day parking fee).
- Each room is provided a standard refrigerator ice maker. If you want large amounts of ice for your cooler, the only option is out of the fountain pop machine.

I tried to provide a total overview of our experience with this hotel. Attention to detail is definitely lacking at times, but I would expect that from a non-five star hotel. My kids loved it, but I am not sure if I would stay here again based on them not honoring my request to be near my family, the exercise room, shuttle service, hot tub, and hike up to our room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was a GREAT stay, our third year in a row! Much more room than most properties on Disney Property, better price for the value and conveniently located just outside the north gate. Special thanks to Anthony on Staff locally, he always makes it special ...

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!