You added Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7975 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Residence Inn Orlando International Drive)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #223 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
Illinois
“So not good!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Upon check in I asked for a newly renovated room and when I walked in I was scared. Room was filthy, had no headboard on one bed and two large holes in the wall and it the place smelled bad. Went back to check in and said there was a problem and they gave me another room and I went to look at it and walked out. Carpet smelled, couch was disgusting and the room was dingy. I requested my money back and went over to another hotel for my weeks stay. Nasty place and maintenance man acted surprised when I said there was a hole in the wall. He said he was gone Sunday and Monday but this was not over only two days. This place is very sad and Wyndham should be ashamed to be associated with it! Close it down and take time to gut the units.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I arrived at the Hawthorne Suites at 10am after getting off a Carnival Cruise. I had reserved two rooms and had called a week earlier to confirm my reservation and to confirm they had luggage storage as indicated on the website. I knew my arrival time was way before the official check-in time, but had planned to store our luggage then go to Universal Studios for the day.

The Desk Clerk confirmed my reservation (two rooms) in the computer and told us to put our luggage in a small public area next to the desk. This area contained an ATM and a shelf with many brochures featuring the tourist attractions in the area (so it was an exposed/public area). The clerk assured me our luggage would be moved behind the desk. My group had eight people and ten suitcases. I informed the Clerk we would not be back until late so please save our rooms. She said she would.

After spending an exhausting 12 hours at Universal Studios we returned to find our luggage exactly where we had left it .... in the public area. We were very displeased. Thankfully, nothing was missing from our luggage. Then I went to officially check-in, but the clerk from the morning had only held ONE room for us and they had to scramble to 'accommodate' us. The evening clerk explained it had been a very busy day and they were completely sold out. I was made to feel they were going out of their way to find us an extra room.... even though I had a reservation for two rooms (it felt like a scene from a Seinfeld episode). In the end I received two rooms (in opposite ends of the property) as per my reservation. The rooms were worn and outdated, but they were clean enough. Since we were extremely tired and only going to be there for 7 hours before heading to the airport, we accepted the rooms provided without complaint.

Our room was on the first floor and I am pretty sure a family of elephants was above us. The running and heavy footsteps continued for about an hour and then subsided. Loud voices and yelling were heard until midnight close to our unit. Additionally, the air conditioning unit located in a locked closet made a loud noise each time it turned on and off.

We left for the airport just as the breakfast was opening (7am) so we did not get to try any of the options.

I do not think I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Morrisville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed during the 2015 Synergy conference. Room was well appointed and convenient. There were noticeable stains on the furniture. Overall, it could use some upgrades. Price is good though.

Convenient to iRide Trolley which can access locations on International Drive.

Good WiFi connection.

Plenty of restaurants nearby. Free breakfast is very convenient.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Springfield, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you have a car this hotel is great for the price. Breakfast was a real plus, and the wine nights were a bonus we did not expect. We did walk to dinner a couple of times but it is a long walk to any resteraunt so be prepared. We were very satisfied with this hotel and would stay again with

Room Tip: Lower number rooms are closer to the evelavators higher numbers are actually quite a walk down the h...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Preston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall this was a good place to stay. It is conveniently located towards the top end of international drive, and about a 40 minute walk to Universal Studios when it's cool enough to walk. Its close to other attractions and restaurants on International drive, including the new Merlin attractions (Orlando eye, Sea Life, Madam Tussauds) and Universals Wet and Wild. Since we didn't hire a car we did struggle to self cater in our room as we didn't find any decent supermarkets within walking distance. The nearby supermarkets are more souvenir focused than food. We ate out more than planned for this reason.

The room was good for the price, and had a well equipped kitchen, lots of storage space for clothes and toiletries, and was kept pretty clean by housekeeping. As others have said some of the furniture is a but dated but it was clear to see that things were being updated - the fridge/freezer in our room looked like it may have been brand new.

All of the staff we encountered during our stay were friendly and polite. The check in process was smooth and simple despite the poor receptionist having to juggle phone calls while checking us in! One morning the bathroom light in our room didn't work but maintenance were sent straight away to resolve it. We did find that housekeeping were a bit inconsistent, e.g. leaving us two new towels and flannels each one day, but then just leaving us with 2 towels and 1 flannel between us the next.

We also had a housekeeper knock on our door at 9pm one night and try and bring us new towels and service our room. She didn't speak any English and it was difficult to explain to her that we hadn't asked for new towels and that we wanted to go to bed and didn't want the rooms servicing right now. Reception told us the following day that this had been a mistake and that she'd been sent to the wrong room.

Breakfast was good considering it is classed as complimentary. It did get a bit repetitive after two weeks, but since all the rooms have their own kitchen you always have the option to prepare your own breakfast sometimes. Things were usually kept well stocked. The breakfast room did get a bit messy on the busy days. They could probably do with a couple more toasters to try and get people in and out quicker.

Overall I think the Hawthorn Suites are a good choice for those on a middle budget. Ideally you'll have access to a car or be able to bring some food with you to make more use of the kitchen than we did.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive? Share your experiences!