“My best friends and I had a great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive

You added Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7975 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Residence Inn Orlando International Drive)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #222 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“My best friends and I had a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We've had exceptional guests service, the location is great since its in the heart of Orlando, the shuttles goes to different theme parks--it was everything needed and wanted for a great vacation. The housekeeping staff is very nice and helpful. Their service was quick and very professional!! Overall, we had a great time staying here. And we'll be staying again on our next vacation! Thanks!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Okeechobee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Under renovation but we never saw anyone ever working on the side that was supposed to be under renovation. We had some issues with our first room not being anything like what was described when we booked online so we were moved to another that already had guests in it, honest mistake and no harm done. So we were moved to yet another room that was nice, the one we were told we'd booked online but cost us 30 something dollars more.

They definitely need better housekeeping and housekeeping staff more fluent in English because we couldn't even get extra towels as we were not understood. We had to finally ask about 6 times and play charades to get the extra towels. Beds were nice and definitely newer and very comfortable as was the bedding. The housekeeping staff could have been more thorough, the upstairs bedroom had stinky spills and glass next to the bed, the bathroom towels had some hairs in them, toilet paper was a half of a roll. My family always brings a can of Lysol to every hotel we stay at anyways, but it would be nice to not have to clean a room before we can put our stuff down. The railing on stairs was broken, glued back together and painted over and also just caulked at any loose screws. The kitchen area in our suite was very, very dated with an old refrigerator, dirty old stove and terrible cabinets. The couch was so worn it needed a replacement. Temperature of the room was perfect but the so-called "heated pool" was not actually heated at all, my teeth were uncontrollably chattering when we took a night time dip and I'm someone who loves anything cold!

There needs to be some rules enforced around the entire grounds though; starting with it being mandatory that all trash goes into a trash can and not wherever the more disrepectful guests decide to throw it. Many times people would guzzle beers around the pool and throw the trash right outside the pool gates. Secondly, there needs to be a time limit on the hot tub because we only got to enjoy it once, for about 5 minutes, when we saw other guests waiting to get in we got out to share. On our second trip to the pool there were some teenagers, some in their underwear instead of bathing suits, who continued to go from the pool to the hot tub and back again every 2 minutes or so and we got tired of waiting and went back to our room.

I will say that despite all that the front desk staff at this place are absolutely phenomenal and are some of the most friendly, caring and helpful staff I have ever met at a hotel before. I hope that things are improved, especially housekeeping. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Orlando because it was located in a fantastic spot close to everything but with minimal traffic and has some really spacious rooms.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Cambridge, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very friendly staff. Good location if you are going to Universal.(minutes away a free shuttle service)
Suites a little too close together from my perspective. Not much of a view from my suite. Place does look a little dated to me.
Freezer compartment needed defrosting.
Stove top needs some attention.
Very few kitchen utensil, kitchen ware, silverware, glasses etc.
Coffee was horrible. Maybe coffee maker needs a good cleaning out.
Fire alarm went off/on for around 3-4 hours first day there.

Pool and whirl pool were fine.
Hot breakfast every a.m.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Old Town, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Seriously where to start...If you are considering staying here...DON"T. We arrived and made a reservation here for $72 for 4 nights. Upon check in it took 2 hours to finally find a room that was "clean". We had to move 3 times. At 8 at night we were to tired to fully inspect the room and agreed to stay. Had it not been for my money being tied up and having to wait for a refund and then having to book another hotel we would have left that night. The first two rooms we were in were filthy. Food on floors, hair in beds and bathroom, and a terrible smell. We were put in a penthouse "suite". The next morning I noticed bacon on the kitchen floor and a half eaten package of gum on top of the refrigerator. In addition to the room just not being clean the railing going upstairs was wobbly, oven door wouldn't open, metal sticking up out of the kitchen tile, and the downstairs toilet almost completely detached from the floor. Everytime you moved on or off the toilet the whole toilet would wobble. I had to call about some time of repair everyday we were there. The rooms are terribly outdated, and I see from previous posts dating back as far as July 2014 it was supposed to be undergoing "renovations". We did see a work truck there every night we were there but only saw them drinking bud lights and littering the grounds with cigarette butts so not sure how much work was being done.

The pool was nice, but they allowed people to smoke in the pool with kids in it.

Breakfast was ok, if you dont mind the same food every day. Dont eat the bacon as it comes out in a bowl of water.

Shuttle is terrible. Leaves 5 mins before the park opens and makes other stops so you dont get to the park until 9:30 and its terribly crowded just trying to get in. The universal shuttle only does one pickup at 7:55 even when the park closes at 6. The first day of our trip it was lightning and rain so we had to shell out $10 plus tip to get home from the park or the alternative was to stay in the rain all day. Might as well not have a shuttle at all. We took the shuttle one time there and paid for a taxi all the other times.

I was refunded for my first night of the stay as I should have been considered I had to change room 3 times. I had to talk to the front desk to do several repairs and had to meet with the head of housekeeping to show her all what needed to be done. They acted like it was such a big deal to refund me for one night and have someone clean my room, something that should have been done before my arrival. I dont know who is inspecting these rooms but the 2 we saw plus the one we were in should not have been available. Obviously no one is cleaning these rooms and if they are actually paying a company to do it they are getting jipped. I called to speak with a manager but was told he wasnt there and was never called back. Honestly to even pay $71 plus tax for a room with that many issues is unacceptable. As mentioned if it werent for waiting for a refund we would hae left the first night. Others who have left positive reviews must have been in an updated building. This hotel is dirty and the management simply doesnt seem to care. The 2 girls who work at the front desk were pleasant and had it not been for them I probably wouldnt have even gotten my first night refunded. I went down and told Stephen about my toilet and he said that someone would fix it at some point. Obviously since this hotel is so close to parks, they are counting on families looking for what they think is a value but know that with so many people vacationing who cares if they come back.

$70 something seems like a good deal, but be aware that comes with consequences. We will never stay here again and if this is the direction Wyndham is headed, we will stay far away from any of their properties. This really affected our vacation and unfortunately for us we learned the hard way that trying to save money on a hotel was the wrong thing to do. Lesson learned.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was great. The rooms were large, but the kitchen could use a few more pans for cooking. At the very least a frying pan, spatula and a pan to bake something in would be nice. The bed was very comfortable and the only complaint about the bathroom is that there was not a mat in the tub, they gave me an extra floor mat to put in the tub so I would not slip. The hotel was close to Trolley stops 10 and 11. The breakfast was excellent. The pool and hot tub were excellent. The hotel is currently under some construction and that did take away a little but that is a short term problem and really did not bother us as we are early risers.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Sean B, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks for your reply and I am glad you enjoyed your stay, besides the construction that is going on. In order to improve the properties much needed updating, to increase future guest appeal it was our high importance to get changes made as soon as possible. I hope once all is completed you will also stay with us again to enjoy the enhanced improvements of the property.

Best regards,

Paul

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive? Share your experiences!