“Great place for a getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive

You added Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7975 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Residence Inn Orlando International Drive)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #221 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Great place for a getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have been coming to this property for years when it was a marriott. Now that it is a Hawthorn i enjoy it even more. The staff is very helpful and accommodating, we did have a few hiccups with our reservation but was quickly resolved by the front desk. The breakfast was plentiful, rooms spacious and hospitality was tremendous. Close to just about everything . I would highly recommend this to anyone.
Candice T

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

While the hotel staff was extremely helpful, this has to be the worst place I have ever stayed. Room #1 had roaches. Room #2 was dirty with food crumbs all over the place, the sofa was stained and torn, and had hair all over it, the bathroom floor was flooded and the toilet was dirty. Room # 3 was semi decent, went to use the microwave and it shorted out, didn't notice until the morning that the bathroom counter by the sink was quite dirty as well. I checked out immediately. Management was extremely apologetic and said the hotel is being renovated and that I should come back in 2 months when they are done with the renovations. Thanks but no thanks!

Glace Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I booked this hotel for 2 weeks from expedia. The hotel picture showed a 5 floor hotel but it only had 2 floor buildings. It said that there was a in room safe but there was none.There was no phone book in the room so I asked for one at the front desk but was told they did not have one to give me. House keeping only every few days. One night they came at 9:30 pm asking if I needed anything because they missed my room. The sheets on the bed were only changed once and only becuase I had to ask them to change the beds. I needed to keep going to the desk asking for towels and bathroom tissue. Breakfast was the same thing everyday and not that good , we started to go to Ihops for breakfast. One of the of the beds was off the frame which I had to try to fix. The stove was old and I did not want to use. The steps outside needed paint.The bathroom was not cleaned , the same dirt in the corners everyday. My wife called the Hotel wanting to be connected to my room, she said that the front desk were very rude and connected her to the wrong room.There was no computer room or computer in the lobby to use. I travel every year to Orlando and stayed in many hotels but I will never stay at another Hawthorn again. I know that I could stay in a much nicer hotel for less or the same money.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Port Saint Luci
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I would rate this hotel a 2. During my booking Over the phone I was told I will get a corps rate discount. When I got there the day shift clerck the discount was already applied because I booked on line . Which was a blatant lie. I call to make reservations. The suite sleeps 8 and only had amenities set up for 4.. The iron was broken. Called to have one replace the day shift clerck said he would bring one up.. After an hour we had to go to the from desk and get it...the sleep sofa mattress had mold/ stain.. Was unable to utilize...

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Let me tell you. I thought I had made the biggest mistake in my families life. My wife read some reviews and I knew I was DOOMED. IT WAS THE BEST VACATION EVER! I won all kinds of brownie points. Staff was great. Service was great, rooms were clean, although I did not understand this "light clean" they have. But frontdesk explained it and we were fine with this. You can have full service if you choose by letting the fd know.breakfast had a nice variety. Our stay was great. The only thing I would like to mention is later breakfast hours and on 1 of the days there the breakfast food ran out. Maybe because it was right at closing.

• Stayed July 2014
Belleair Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at this location a month ago and the experience was not very good. Rafael, the manager was amazing though. He switched rooms for us and gave us a 2 night complimentary comeback stay. Well, we took him up on the offer and just got back from our stay. All I can say is AMAZING IMPROVEMENT!! We arrived early in the day and our room was not ready for us. Not to worry, Rafael loaded our luggage on a rack and moved it to a safe location. When we returned from Universal later that evening we found our room ready and all of our cold food from the cooler was placed in the refrigerator. Now that is service!! The room was totally redone and brand new. The front desk staff of Marian and Rafael, the manager were very professional and accommodating. Through his willingness to work with us and promising a better stay, Rafael has a made a loyal guest of our family. I will make this our go-to hotel from now on as we are Universal season pass holders. As a business owner, I was very impressed with the management and staff. I guess I've made that abundantly clear... Great job!

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms. They are well done and very clean.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive

Address: 7975 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Residence Inn Orlando International Drive)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#15 Best Value Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Orlando International Drive Hotel Orlando
Orlando Residence Inn

If you own or manage Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.