“Need renovation” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7975 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Residence Inn Orlando International Drive)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #240 of 328 hotels in Orlando

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed only one night, but this was the worst hotel I've been to so far in Orlando. We usually stay at the $120-$180 range, and this was at the the bottom of that range, but it was more like a $50 dump. A large roach crawled across the kitchen floor. My husband killed it. The room was dark, as there is only one window next to the front door. The layout of the room was odd, in that while laying on the bed you would be looked passed your feet at the couch. If you had really young children I guess you could watch them sleep, but older children would not be able to watch the TV to keep them busy unless you turned it away from the bed area. I would NOT recommend this place for more than $50. I would never stay there again even for that price.
The gentleman at the front counter was very nice when we checked in, but they need to gut it and remake the rooms brighter and more updated for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Disappointed in this hotel now that Wyndham has it.
It has gone downhill since they took it over from the Marriott Residence. We have stay here in previous years.
Even the broken sign outside to find this place has not been replaced.
TV problems. Less at the breakfast buffet. Lack of K
kitchen utensils only headline the issues.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Maryland, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel should be closed PERIOD!!! The place is a nasty and uninhabitable hotel. We checked in July 3rd for a 3 day stay. We arrived very late due to the delay of flights because of the hurricane, so we were already beat. Not the most personable people at the front desk checked us into suite (if that's what u want to call it) 325 in BLDG 3 after 5 minutes of being in the room I called the front desk and asked to be moved. Room 325 was musky smelling, nasty carpet and dirty furniture. The kitchen was nasty looking with no untensils (not that I would have used them), beat up appliances. They moved us to 211 in BLDG 2, ok we walked in saying this is a little better at least it smelled clean with newer looking kitchen and better furniture. We sat our luggage down by the door and left back out to get something to eat from somewhere. Returned from KFC with our food walked into the room, hit the lights and I freaked...what the heck (not how I put it) is that running up the wall !!!!! Looked around and started noticing ROACHES from big to small in the kitchen, on the walls to see that many at one time the place must be infested...That was it for me we grabbed our luggage and was outta there!!! I was so glad our bags were closed up and by the door. Went to the office and told them they can have this dump we are not staying....So here we are at 1:30 in the morning with no where to stay. We drove around and found Hawthorn on Palm Parkway , Lake Buena Vista a great place to stay..excellent...We were able to relax and enjoy our vacation. Will be going to there site next to write a review.... Take it from me do not bother with this place......

Room Tip: My tip stay far away.....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean B, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I apologise for your inconvenieces and take your opinions to heart and am very sorry that your stay was so disheartening. The property is an older property that is set to be renovated in the next few months. Going forward after renovations and updating with my guarantee I hope you could speak to me first hand about your experiences so that they will never happen again and hopefully the property will be given a second chance.

Thanks for your response no matter how critical the feedback is important so that improvements can be made.

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive

Address: 7975 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Residence Inn Orlando International Drive)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #240 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:3 star — Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Expedia, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Orlando International Drive Hotel Orlando
Orlando Residence Inn

If you own or manage Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.