“Excellent hotel!!! Don't listen to occasional negative reviews” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #34 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville
“Excellent hotel!!! Don't listen to occasional negative reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I won bidding on priceline.com at $65 per night. After I found out the hotel name, I immediately went to read reviews and had mixed feelings about the hotel. I call the hotel and requested non-smoking room (con: smoking is allowed in certain rooms). I knew that I had to pay resort fee $15 per day plus parking (valet $20 per day or self-park $12). With self-park you'll pay $12 each time you come back to the garage. When we arrive we were greeted by friendly valet staff who informed us about the parking options (we, of course, chose valet). There is currently construction of new tower going on, so self-parking is too far away from the hotel entrance.
We were greeted by friendly staff at the reception desk and were asked if we wanted to upgrade to concierge room. Upgrade includes a room on one of the top three floors (exclusive access to the floors with your room key); continental breakfast (7-9am M-F; 8-10am on weekends) and heavy o'rderves 5:30-7pm; valet parking; access to gym; sauna. We chose an upgrade at $55 per night. It was soooo totally worth the money, because we didn't have to think about our breakfast and dinner (for some of the evenings). We traveled with a child who also enjoyed every bit of this stay.
This hotel is known for duck march, which occur daily at 11am and 5pm. Our kid got selected as an honorary duck master to guide ducks on the red carpet. For a kid, this is an unforgettable moment.
Pools are also great, not too crowded. Kiddy pool is also excellent.
We didn't use the gym (didn't feel like working out on vacation).
Room is average size, TV needs upgrading. Rooms size reminded me of a cruise cabin (the one that has a balcony).
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
Dear JaxSparkles:

Thank you for sharing your family's experience at The Peabody Orlando! It is particularly pleasant to learn that your child enjoyed the priceless experience of an Honorary Duck Master. As you observed, the hotel offers options to satisfy both business and vacationing travelers. We appreciate learning of our guest's experiences so we may continue to evaluate and improve our products and services. Our hotel associates, and Peabody ducks, look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Marshall Kelberman
Director of Rooms
The Peabody Orlando
407-345-4593
Marshall.Kelberman@peabodyorlando.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
Tampa, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed at the Peabody Orlando with my pregnant wife in May 2010. The hotel is very clean and has lots of amenities, but ruins itself by nickle and diming and having the worst parking setup of any hotel i've ever stayed at.

At check in we were told that only smoking rooms were available, and that we'd have to pay an extra $35 a night for a non-smoking room. We agreed to the extra since neither of us could stand a smoking room. They then told us we had to pay a mandatory $15 per night service fee for 2 bottles of water in our room and passes for the bus that goes down I-Drive (which we have no need for).

After this I went to park, the parking lot is about 1/2 miles away from the main entrance, and you have to walk thru a construction site with no side walks. It was raining, so I had to walk uncovered all the way through a flooded road. They then charge $12 per night to park.

Ordered a cheese pizza from room service for the advertised $13.95 since they advertise no delivery fees (figured just add tip and tax.) After taxes and (hidden) fees, but before tip, it came to just under $19.

Rooms are nice and clean, but outdated with a very basic television and no amenities such as fridge or coffee maker. Coffee is $5 from room service and very poor quality.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

A few Trip Advisor contributors have complained about The Peabody's 'hotel service fee', but don't let the extra charge put you off if you plan on using the wifi, buying a bottle of water or riding the International Drive trolley.
You do pay an extra $15 every day of your stay, but this amount gives you unlimited internet access, two bottles of water, day tickets to ride the tourist trolley, and a few other things, so if you were going to buy these things anyway you will still come out ahead.
I stayed in another Orlando hotel before moving to the Peabody, and paid $15 a day just to use the hotel's wifi.
The Peabody Orlando is a lovely hotel, and the ducks in the lobby fountain are a delightful feature -- you can't help but smile when they waddle home to their Duck Palace at the end of another hard day splashing around in the fountain.
The location is great if you want to spend your Orlando stay on and around International Drive, as you can use the tourist trolley which has a stop right out the front and passes most of the tourist attractions and shopping spots.
Meads offer a shuttle to and from Orlando International Airport, which will cost you $29 for a return ticket.
I can't say the staff were particularly friendly, they were efficient but I never felt I was anything more than just a customer.
The bed was lovely, the store in the lobby was convenient for a cool drink after a long day shopping at the outlets, and there were a few options for eating and drinking without having to leave the hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I have to say I was a little apprehensive about staying here. I "won" by bidding $45 per night, and The Peabody accepted my bid on Priceline. I was excited until I started reading the reviews and honestly started to get a little nervous. Before we arrived we knew that we would be charged $20 per night for valet (DEFINITELY WORTH IT!!!), and $15.98 per night for a resort fee. First of all, the valet was worth every penny. They opened doors for both of us, and gave us directions every time. Whenever my husband & I wanted to go somewhere we would just call down to the valet and by the time we got to the curb our car was waiting. Never waited more than 60 seconds on the curb for our car! The resort fee was about average for that area. The pool is very nice, and from what I could see of the tennis courts and fitness center it would be worth the $16 per day to use those things. The front desk was cheerful and the bellhop very helpful and attentive. The only gripes I had were the fact that we were in a room by the elevator, so you could hear it going up and down every few seconds. We weren't in our room much, so not a huge issue. The other complaint I had (not even a complaint, just a minor inconvenience) is that they charge you $70 per night upon check-in for incidentals. They didn't warn me about this, and I almost overdrew my bank account since I didn't plan on having $140 earmarked for the hotel after I had already paid for it. The way the front desk explained was that when I check out they will deduct the valet fees and the resort fees and credit the remainder back to my card. So overall, I spent $109 on the room (2 nights) and $75 on valet & resort fees. So $185 for 2 nights at The Peabody - well worth it since it was centrally located and I felt pampered the whole time I was there. I am bringing my daughter back in October for her birthday to go to Disney, and we will definitely be staying at The Peabody!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
BarbBowden, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Dear laneyandtylersmom,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at the Peabody Orlando. We appreciate feedback from guests so we can better accommodate them on future visits.

I am pleased to hear your positive review of our valet service. We pride ourselves on having a very knowledgeable valet staff that is ready to provide directions for guests at any moment. I’m also glad you were able to see their excellent service firsthand and were satisfied with their quick delivery of your car every day.

I am sorry you were disappointed with the location of your room, but I am pleased to hear it do not interfere much with your stay. For your next visit, let our reservationist know where you were last time, and we will do our best to place you in a room away from the elevator. Since you will be visiting us again after September 23, you might even have the opportunity to stay in our brand new tower that will add on 700 more rooms!

In regards to the incidental charge, I am sorry we did not clearly communicate our procedures with you. Your comments have been shared with our front office as a reminder of how important it is to communicate our policies with guests.

Thank you again for your comments! I loved hearing you felt pampered during your stay. We look forward to having you and your daughter visit us in October! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions or feedback.

Warm Regards,

Barb Bowden
General Manager, The Peabody Orlando
Barb.Bowden@peabodyorlando.com
Tel: 407-345-4473
Saint Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Management was horribe! She needs to take a course on customer service. They also want to charge you to park, but you have to walk 1/2 a mile to the parking garage or pay even extra for valet. What a rip-off. Never will return!! There are too many other nice places to stay in this area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Enjoyed very much my stay at the Peabody, an excellent hotel that I recommand without hesitation. I was attending a meeting at the hotel, service and facilities were superb. Staff everywhere was very pleasant. There is some construction (expansion) that is underway and I was told that it should double the hotel size, and should be over by 09/10.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed there at the beginning of the April. The hotel was ok. Higher star rating than was deserved.

They charged fees that we were not told about until we arrived at the hotel. Between what seemed to be mandatory valet at $20.00 per night, as the parking garage was too far away to walk to and through a construction zone, and the resort fee for two bottles of water and internet access that we didn't even use at another $10.00 per night, our bill went up an unexpected $30.00 per night.

The valet WRECKED MY CAR! We didn't notice the damage until we had already left the hotel. We immediately returned to the hotel. The person who told me they were the valet manager proceeded to blame me for the damage and deny it was their fault. The hotel security came out and took statements from my boyfriend and I and sent a claim to their insurance company. The adjuster did come and take pictures and gave me a estimate of $618.00 to fix my car within two days.

Needless to say.... two weeks later I get a letter in the mail that says they "do not feel our insured can be held legally liable or negligent for your damages as a result of this incident." In other words.... you can't prove we did it so we're not going to fix it.

Like my title said... you couldn't pay us to stay here again!! After paying an extra $648.00 after fixing my car this hotel was totally worthless!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!