“Very impressed with the Peabody orlando” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #35 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
seattle, wa
“Very impressed with the Peabody orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2006

Am currently staying at the Peabody and am very impressed with this hotel. As a travel agent I am very critical of hotels and the Peabody more than impressed me. Friendly and efficient staff, modern decor, very clean, very nice customer service by all staff. The housekeeping staff are funny and helpful as well. Sometimes you tend to see these poor folks as a bit surly! My friend requested a wakeup call and once received was asked if she'd a like a "reminder" call about 20 minutes later, which she accepted. However, she went off to take a shower so didn't answer the second call. Security came to knock on her door to make sure she was okay! That's pretty nice. Grounds are well kept and the hotel is within a short distance of all local attractions. Great place to stay if you are attending a conference which I am. Will recommend for my clients. The ducks are fun to watch and add additional charm to the hotel. The room service menu could be a little more extensive than it is, my only negative comment!

• Liked — efficient, well decorated, responsive and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Minimal room service menu
  • Tips/Secrets — Request the Club Floor
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

I spent the weekend at the Peabody doing a little reconnaissance for a family trip later in the summer to Disney. The hotel was busy but not packed, thus the great rate of $117/per night. The hotel is next to the convention center and the convention traffic falls off during July and August as do the room rates. After a late flight into Orlando I arrived at the hotel around midnight and was ready for bed. The desk clerk could not immediately find the king bed I was looking for but did locate one at the club level for no extra charge. The bed was a king murphy bed which took up alot of space in the room when pulled from the wall, but wow was it comfortable. The room(2627) was meant to be connected to another room, thus the reason for the murphy bed and no extra charge for the upgrade. The club level allows you access to the private Club Lounge on 26th floor, offering the following complimentary amenities: Continental breakfast (bagels, muffins, toast, juice, coffee), Athletic Club privileges, valet parking, hot hors d'oeuvres, evening cordials and petit fours, private concierge services, and express check-out. A New York Times is at the door each morning. The Peabody is a quality hotel, convenient to everything in Orlando, especially the convention center, but an easy drive to all the parks as well. A quality stay, very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2006
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

This was our second stay at the Peabody in the last three years. Quite frankly, I am amazed at the several negative reviews I saw on the Trip Advisor website before I decided to write this.

We arrived at the Peabody around 4 in the afternoon on a weekday. Check-in was quite efficient and there was essentially no waiting. I had made reservations for a regular room but was given the option of "upgrading" to the club level for an extra $55 a night. When we stayed at the Peabody a few years ago, our original reservations were on the club level, so I thought we might as well do it again. The benefits of the club level included: continental breakfast (juices, premium cheese spread including various blues/Boursin/etc, yogurts, breads, croissants, cereals, etc.), afternoon hors d'oeuvre presentation (typically two hot foods - i.e. mini-kabobs, spinach filo triangles, a fruit spread, and various soft drinks - alcohol available at an extra cost), evening desserts (petit fours, coffee, tea, etc.), dedicated concierge service, multiple newspapers/magazines, free access to the health club (usually about a $10 charge per person per day), & free valet parking (normally around $15 a day although free self parking is available). We found the club level on our first visit as well as this one to be quite a reasonable value. With three people in the room (me, my wife, and our 5 year old), just the breakfast effectively prevented us from paying $25 or so every day for breakfast. The valet parking was quick and efficient. A quick call and the car would be waiting for us by the time we took the elevator downstairs. The concierges (typically there would be anywhere between one to three up in the club level at a given time) were outstanding. They would accommodate any request my wife made on my daughter's behalf. In addition, even the relatively simple process of a dinner reservation at the Cheesecake Factory at the Mall at Millenia was done quickly and efficiently. Actually, that reservation was quite nice since the Cheesecake Factory generally does not take reservations. When we walked up to the check-in area at the restaurant, they actually knew our name as the concierge even double checked to make sure there would not be any problems with our dinner.

In addition to the charge for the club level, the Peabody also charges an $8 "hotel fee" which entitles you to wifi access in your room, a couple bottles of water each day, and two passes for the I-drive Trolley. We actually did not benefit much at all from the hotel fee since I did not bring my laptop, since we had free bottled water on the club level anyway, and since we had my car to drive around!

The room we had was spacious (somewhere around 400+ sq feet) and clean. We opted for two queen beds since we had our daughter on this trip. The beds were quite comfortable. The large television was in an armoire. My wife mentioned she had never seen a television in a hotel room as large as the one at the Peabody. The bathroom was quite large and even included a small lcd television. Marble everywhere and a nice tub in which you could relax after a long day at Disney while watching television. There was a nice desk with chair as well as a more comfortable side chair you could sit in and watch the large television. An inroom safe was also provided although it was a vertical type and would probably just barely fit a laptop in it.

The view from the room was great. As with our prior visit, we requested a Disney view which would allow you to see the fireworks every night if interested. On this visit we actually were out every evening a did not get to see the fireworks from the room.

There was an evening turndown service that included some little square Peabody chocolates on the bed.

The health club was quite nice although the men's locker room did not have an operable steam room, which was undergoing repairs the week while we there. The mixture of exercise equipment was good and filled my wife's requirements. The pool area includes an absolutely huge pool (maximum 5 1/2 feet deep), a kiddy pool (large in its own right), as well as a hottub with jets that itself could hold at least twenty people. Towels were available in a large covered area (no towel deposit required - nice since even the concierge said we should take hotel towels to Blizzard Beach at Disney so we would not have to rent them).

Basically, this visit to the Peabody was as nice as our visit three years ago. The parade of the ducks still brings a big smile to our five year old. The occupancy of the Peabody tends to be a little low in the summer (who wants to go to a convention in Orlando in the summer!). That makes the visit all the more pleasing for us. There were never any waits for the elevators, the pool was never crowded, and the concierge service always made us feel pampered.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

Very nice hotel. When we first arrived two hours before check in, we were offered a room with two double beds. We requested one with a king. The receptionist took our cell number and phoned us within an hour with a king size bed. The march of the ducks is quite enjoyable. We only wanted something lite to eat. We went to the B Line Diner. I had a fruit plate with banana bread and cottage cheese. It was more than enough food. My husband ordered the assorted appetizer. We are here for a conference and after this one night we checked into a timeshare exchange we booked.

Stayed June 2006
New Orleans, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2006

We just returned from a nice stay at the Peabody. The only complaint I have is that there was no coffee pot in the room, a modern day staple of almost all major hotels world wide. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Very conveniently located if attending a conference, but if traveling with a family it's best to have microwave, fridge, etc.

Stayed June 2006
Northern Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2006

Our family stayed four nights at the Peabody Orlando. The bedspread in our room was soiled. The drain for the bathtub did not work properly and forced us to stand in drain water while showering. Although we brought this to the hotel's attention, it was never corrected. The staff were polite and helpful. The whirlpool was out of service while we were there. The hotel's website advertised complimentary towels and sunscreen at poolside, but we found only the towels. The sunscreen lotion was in a glass showcase and was offered for sale. This hotel is in a nice location if attending the Conference Center in Orlando. Otherwise, I suggest people shop around as there are nicer hotels in Orlando for less money.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2006

For a four star hotel, I was suprised at a few things. First I get to the Peabody to check in and was pulled out of line at check in because I was not with a convention as three others were.
They took our credit cards and Id's and came back 30 minutes later and told two couples they were over booked and asked them if they wouldn't mind going to a lower class hotel across the street. They tell me that my room was booked with a King bed (I had four people). I booked a double. I had a copy of my reservation that was booked through travelocity. The bottom line, they didn't want to give the right rooms to us at the check in counter because we booked on a discount website. I spoke with the other parties and they gave them conflicting stories as well. They tried to separate all of us so we didn't compare stories about our check in experience.
So, I had to sleep in a bed with four of us in it!!! They didn't offer me anything as a result of their mistake but offered the other party a discount on their club level room because they complained and said they weren't going across the street to the other hotel. Initially, they told this couple that there were no club level room and conveniently found one for them. The other party stormed out and asked for their money back.
Then I actually had to pay to workout in the small gym that they have in house. This is a four star hotel, not getting it. Some of the machines are outdated and crammed together. It cost me $10.65 a day. I also went into the BeeLine cafe and ordered a sandwich with very stale bread.
For the most part, the lobby is nice, most of the people are nice but the guy organizing the guests was a little manipulative tryinhg keep people happy. Drinks were expensive and food was overpriced for the quality. Latte's were over $4 our of a machine.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!