“Awesome hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Island, NY
“Awesome hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights last week. What a beautiful hotel. My room on the 13th floor overlooked the pool and convention center. The bed was comfy, the room was always clean and the service was great. I got to enjoy the pool one day. Quite the oasis. Ate breakfast and lunch at the B-Line diner. Both were delicious. The hotel is located ob the south end of International Drive which is not as busy as the north end. I got to see the Disney fireworks every night at 10pm from my hotel room. I worked out in the fitness center. It was well equipped and spacious. They even offer group exercise classes. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We appreciate you taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I'm happy you enjoyed it and look forward to your return!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
Smyrna, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I had a tv in my mirror and a nice, clean, new room. This property is a little big for my taste. A lot of walking to get around the property. The on site restaurants are VERY pricey, but the food was tasty. I was here for a large sales meeting and the meeting facilities were great, but again, a lot of walking.

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your business and that you took time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are sorry you felt that the size of the property was a big overwhelming and will continue to work hard at improving on this through better signage and thoughtful areas for guests to interact.

Porthcawl, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed here recently and was very impressed with the place. The lobby and pool areas are beautiful and the rooms are large and a good standard (although the corridors could do with an update)

We only paid £70 a night which I thought was a bargain for this level of accommodation. As we booked through a third party they waived the resort fee and parking too which we were impressed with. All the staff were very professional.

We ate at the B line diner and the pancakes were amazing. The waitress did get my order wrong but gave me my dish complementary for the mistake.

We booked Fiorenzos Italian restaurant through a Travelzoo deal and couldn't fault the food.

Walking distance to Pointe Orlando for other restaurants, shops and a cinema too, this hotel has fantastic facilities, and superb staff.

We will certainly go back !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing our property on your visit across the pond! We were so excited to read your kind words regarding your stay and can't wait to host you again at Hyatt Regency Orlando!

All our best,

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We have returned from a 2 week stay & have to say this is probably the best hotel on I drive. We stayed on the 11th floor in a balcony room. TV in the bathroom mirror was great & the room was clean. My only complaints about the hotel are $9 for a beer in a plastic glass by the pool - not even a pint & the cost to eat in the hotel ( we didn't eat there because it was too expensive so I cannot comment on the quality). Parking was included in our package but if you had to pay it was $20 a day & we were mistakenly charged a resort few of $293 for our 2 week stay although this was refunded when I notified the hotel. The other thing is I would be cautious of giving them a credit card to swipe at check in. My husband handed his over & we did have lots of pending transactions. When we went to reception about this we were told this was for incidentals & we wouldn't be charged. All in all a fantastic hotel but if your not careful you could end up paying another $600 for a 2 week stay due to parking & resort fees.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your business and for providing feedback on your recent stay. We apologize about the issues with billing and will work to ensure they do not occur again.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Husband and I drove down from Jacksonville for 2 night getaway! Place is in a great location on International Drive. Connects to convention center, lots of restaurants in easy walking distance. Great valet service or if you want to self park they have nice shuttle that takes you from front door to the garage. Room was awesome, very clean with comfortable beds and pillows. Our room on 16th flloor had great view of downtown Orlando, convention ctr and airport in far distance. All service was excellent from valet, desk, bell hop, restaurant. There are very nice restaurants in hotel including a 24 hour diner if you want to stay in. Tennis court, pools, okay for families but also elegant resort. My husband's favorite part ......... A TV in the bathroom mirror with a remote !!!! Pretty awesome. Price was very good for this place. Only negative is I don't like resort fees and having to pay for Wifi.

Room Tip: Loved my room on 16th floor facing convention center and downtown Orlando in distance. Was really co...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you! It's always great to have the chance to host a local staycation with our Florida residents. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the property and hope we can host you again soon.

united kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just had 2 great weeks at this hotel with my family.We had 2 rooms and I must say the hotel is fantastic.Only downside has been when I checked out I noticed that $160 had been charged for all day food at the poolside bar.I pointed out at checkout that we had never ate at the hotel at all.I was assured that this would be removed from the bill.
Just got my credit card bill and was suprised to see the charge still there.
Ive emailed Hyatt to resolve the situation.
I will update with Hyatts response.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for the good review and the info on the charge. When Debit cards are used, the system will hold a specific amount for up to 5 days. I'm hopeful all has been rectified and the charges were reversed.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I'm staying at the Hyatt for a few days and is a beautiful hotel, the staff is super friendly, the room is big and the swimming pools are keeping my children entertain, is the perfect location for Sea World and you can take the little bus outside the hotel for free to go to the outlets, definitely I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind feedback on your recent stay. I hope we'll be able to host you again on a business trip or on Leisure.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!