“The best bed ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
blackpool
“The best bed ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in April and had an amazing time the pools are fantastic and the rooms are very high end .we have been coming to Florida for years and stayed at nearly every hotel on international drive and none of them come close to the Peabody we got a great deal at $110 a night .the restaurants are quite expensive but you can walk to a lot of others near by .woud defiantly stay again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear holidaycaunce:

I am delighted you selected The Peabody Orlando for your most recent visit to our area. It’s wonderful to read how you enjoyed your sleep experience as well as our pools and that you would definitely stay with us again. Thank you for your review, I look to welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Was here for a conference in the convention center. Upon checkin, the valet was very friendly as was the front desk staff. I arrived very early after a red-eye, so my room wasn't ready but when I asked for an upgrade, they were happy to do so. I received a nice executive king room with a view of the pool.

While my room was being prepared, I was able to change and use the pool. The pool is very nice for cooling off. Coconuts has good food/drinks, albeit expensive.

Nice to bring your family to if you are here on business, but it is not in direct vicinity of the Disney park (they are close, but not a ferry ride away like the actual Disney resorts).

Staff very friendly, hotel clean.

I would stay here again if returning on business and it was in the area.

Dear travelgirl041984:

Thank you for your review and positive comments on The Peabody Orlando’s very friendly staff, which I am very pleased to share with the team. I’m glad you found the pool a nice spot to relax upon arrival and that you will stay with us again if returning to our area on business. Should your leisure travels take you cross country to Orlando again, we would certainly enjoy hosting that trip as well.

Satellite Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Interestingly enough, this is my LEAST favorite hotel that I have stayed at in many years. It is a very pretty hotel, adjacent to the Orlando Convention Center, and its HUGE but the overall feeling I got was SNOOTY. Keep your wallet or room key with you because you will be charged up the wazoo for just about anything. The rooms are large with a large bathroom and even an in-mirror TV in the bathroom mirror. Room keys are some kind of proximity thing where you just wave your key in front of your door. There is NOT an in-room coffee maker, a glaring omission where even hotels from Motel6 up through the JW Marriott in Hong Kong and the Conrad Hilton in Paris have in-room hotel rooms. The only reason I could find for this omission is so that you will buy a $4.00 cup of coffee at the coffee shop off the main lobby. The room has TWO cordless phones -- why I am not sure since the room is not THAT big but it creeps me out to think where within the room either of those phones have been. They have a beautifully decorated pool area, although I wonder how many families will pay the huge bucks to stay here to enjoy it. To their credit, wireless Internet access is complimentary, although slow and unreliable. Even SELF parking in their parking garage is $12 per day, which for this conference was discounted from the normal $16 per day. Really, and then you still have about a half mile walk to the hotel from self parking, or perhaps that is to encourage you to use valet parking at $24 per day? The bed was quite comfortable but not more so than most Hamptons I've stayed at. Overall, a nice hotel but way over priced for what you get, especially from the prevalent nickel-dime perspective. If I had to do it over again, I would stay elsewhere nearby and take a taxi to this hotel for a conference, and I am sure I would still save money. If you have the money and don't mind throwing it around, you might enjoy the Peabody but it's not for me. For the prices they charge, I think one should be able to expect much more, even simple things like a coffee maker in the room and reliable and fast wireless. And when you checkout, do NOT leave your room key at the front desk as is my habit and the front desk clerk didn't say anything -- if you've done self parking, you will need your room key to get out of the parking lot, even though they charged you for it already on your bill. You'd think that for as long as the Peabody has been around and how many conventions they've done, they'd have this down pat by now. Disappointed.

Room Tip: Really doesn't matter, if you are there for a convention, you're going to be walking miles...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear t1man:

I value your feedback and regret your disappointments with your hotel stay. I realize you have a choice of accommodations when visiting Orlando and I welcome your comments on our services and amenities as we continuously review product improvement opportunities. For business or pleasure I hope we can earn your future patronage.

Clear Lake City, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am not very picky about what kind of hotels I stay in when I am traveling. I frequently stay in 1 and 2 star hotels and have no problem with them. I am currently staying at the Peabody and unfortunately still have 2 more nights at this hotel. I have been frustrated from the moment I walked in 4 days ago. I when I booked by room I requested a king bed. I called the day before my arrival to confirm that I had a king bed room. When I arrived the front desk girl told me that they were out of king beds and that they do not actually reserve your rooms for you until you are physically here to check in. When she saw that I was displeased she played on her computer for another minute and stated that a room had just become availalbe... imagine that. After hauling my suitcases through that hotel I get in my room. The room itself was beaituful and fairly large. BUT the location is horrible. The view outside of my window if of the rooftop, and since it was on the 5th floor I could not see anything past the roof. There are all types of machine things on the roof that made a racket. Later that evening I asked if they had any rooms with a little bit of a better view... they told me that they would be able to give me a better room the next day. I agreed to keep my room for the night and change in the morning. The front desk girl asked me to have by bags packed in the morning and that she would send a bell man to move my bags to the new room when it was cleaned and ready for me. I told her that I wasn't going to be at the hotel all day and she explained that I did not need to be there, that they would just move my bags for me and have it ready in my new for my return. So I put a few bucks on my packed luggage and went out for the day. When I got back to the hotel later the next evening I stopped by the front desk to pick up my new room keys. The front desk was confused and thought that someone else was in the room they were supposed to move me into. She also told me that my bags had not been moved anywhere. After about 20 minutes of them trying to figure everything out they gave me room keys to a different room and told me to go wait there and they would have the bell man bring my stuff to me. I actually wanted to move my items myself but they would not let me have activated room keys to 2 different rooms. So I waited in my room for about 25 minutes until he brought my my bags to me.
The new room I am currently in is very nice and has a pretty good view of Orlando and the Disney Fireworks at night. BUT that night I was woken up several times by loud partying going in the the room across from me. The next night they were at it again. There were probably 15 people in this room until about 3am being very loud and drinking. I called security around midnight but they did not put a stop to the party. I only got about 4 hours of sleep that night for my conference the next day. The day after that I spoke to one of the people leaving the loud room across from me. He told me that his company booked that room to be a party room for them, and they nobody was even staying in it! Needless to say, I had slept very little with the parties going on everynight in the party room.
Another issue I have been experienceing is lack of internet connectivity. I told the front desk girl that I wanted to pay the optional $9/day for internet since I am here on work travel. I was unable to connect to internet the first 2 nights. After they transferred me to an out of state company they were able to get me connected. They promised that I would have connectivity until I departed. Well, not 24 hours later I was disconnected again! I had to call the front desk again, be transferred to the out of state service again and was re connected. They told me that it would last until until the end of my trip... but we shall see.
I was really excited about having our conference in this hotel, but I have been left with frustration and little sleep everyday. I cannot wait to leave this place!

Dear JennyH512:

I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns and feel confident that we can regain your confidence in our abilities to exceed the standards of service established for The Peabody Orlando. A member of my management team will make contact with you today to discuss a resolution that is acceptable to you. I sincerely apologize for your inconveniences and hope the remainder of your stay will result in our earning your future business.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had a roofing convention to attend in Orlando, FL. The resort for the convention was sold out but they secured rooms at The Peabody on International Drive. I've stayed at the Peabody in Memphis, TN before and knew it was a great hotel. Orlando was no different, had too many restaurants to choose from, the lobby bar was awesome. Stayed out by the pool one afternoon and its nice to have everything at your fingertips and a pool boy bringing your favorite cool summer cocktail to your chair. When I got up to get into the pool, they changed my lounge towel on my chair while I was in the pool, nice service! The Spa was booked up so I didn't get the opportunity to drop by there. The rooms are very clean and has plenty of towels, robes in the closet are a treat and the bathroom mirror has a TV. I found it interesting to put my makeup on while watching the morning news channel. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Well worth your money. And the hotel is within walking distance to several other restaurant locations, not to mention the IMAX theater is just across the street. Parking garage was well lit and they even had golf cart service to take you to the front entrance. If we go to Orlando again I will be staying at The Peabody!

Dear GDMiller:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. I am pleased you had the opportunity to relax by the pool and expressed interest in our spa services which I hope you will experience when you return. I appreciate your patronage of our sister property in Memphis and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when in Orlando again.

Haines City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. The hotel was very nice and located in a great location on I-drive. It is within walking distance to great restaurants/bars/clubs and such. The staff was very nice and helpful. The front desk upgraded our room for free to include a balcony over looking the nice pool area! The pool area is really nice. Make sure to get there to enjoy it. We also got lost in the hotel trying to find where the ducks were located in the middle of the day. A staff member noticed we were lost and walked us to the fountain where the ducks were located. Make sure to take a minute to see the ducks march! Check the Peabody's website for details about that.
The only downside is that the drinks and food were expensive, as expected. I didn't realize however that two pina colodas (pool side) were $32.46!!!!! I almost had a heart attack. The price included tax and gratuity, but WOW that is expensive. Unless you are super rich or just like to blow money away..eat lunch/dinner and drink at one of the many great restaurants/bars within walking distance on I-drive. I did have a rum and coke at night at the hotel bar inside and it was like $8.00, which isn't too bad. Just use your discretion.
I would recommend this hotel to couples, families and and business people!! I used TripAdvisor and Hotwire to book this hotel.

Room Tip: Eat and Drink OFF the hotel grounds to save some money! Make sure to see the ducks march!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Jcart0507:

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for selecting The Peabody Orlando for your special celebration. I appreciate your positive comments on our nice and helpful staff along with your recommendation of our hotel for couples, families and business people. I welcome your feedback on our price points and hope our service levels and amenities will bring you back to our hotel for your next special event or just a weekend away from home.

Saskatoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here in a deluxe 2 double bed room overlooking the pool for a conference July 26-28, 2013. There is nothing lacking here, and in trying to think of something negative or needing improvement I can not name one thing. Elevators were lightning fast! Showers were tall enough for me to fit under (6' tall). The room was meticulous and in "as new" condition, and every single detail was noticed and inspected every day. Even things like the postcard in the information book were checked. TV in your bathroom, automatic motion activated floor night lighting, current technology for sound dock of your mobile....even little soap ducks. Where else can you go watch ducks march through the hotel and into their own fountain? I won't be looking for anywhere else to stay next time I return to Orlando on business, or even for a weekend getaway. Understand, this hotel is HUGE, it took me about 10 minutes to walk just IN the hotel from my room to the conference area. Bars, restaurants, cafeteria, a gift store, concierge help, conference services...everything is 5 star plus. It is family friendly or CEO ready. Look forward to returning. Note to Disney visitors...this is not as close to Disney as you might think - it is about $22.00 to take a taxi from this hotel to downtown Disney. If you rent a car that will be irrelevant, but parking is a nightly fee, it is not free. In my opinion I'd still stay here for the ambience and quality and eat the cost of transport as money well spent.

Room Tip: I paid a small fee to upgrade to deluxe, had a view of the pool. Stayed in Tower 1, Mallard tower...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear SnorkelingJeff:

I am delighted your expectations were exceeded during your stay with us at The Peabody Orlando and that we earned your future patronage for business or leisure travels. I look forward to hosting your next Orlando visit and will take pleasure in sharing your review with our team, thank you.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!