“Overall Amazing Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights, Save 10%
Ranked #40 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“Overall Amazing Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I stayed at The Peabody during the weekend of March 15-17. It was a terrific hotel. The customer service was outstanding, the facilities are beautiful and the location is perfect. We were particularly struck by the shear size and scope of the property and the unbelievable pool area. We had just come from a five-day stay on a beautiful Gulf-front beach property and we never imagined that a hotel in landlocked Orlando would provide us with the same type of tropical feel as we experienced on the Gulf. We wish that we could have spent all of our time by the pool enjoying the sun, the water and the service. We particularly liked swimming under the waterfalls and using the water slide. We took in the duck parade and appreciated the enthusiasm that the staff and guests had for the ducks. The only downside (and the only reason that I did not give a "5" rating is that the room in which we stayed smelled badly of smoke. Stay away from room 20430 if it is assigned to you. We tried to switch out of the room and the hotel tried hard to accommodate us but all of the rooms were full because of a large convention. Although the smell in the room was unpleasant, the rest of the experience was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool but stay away from room 20430.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

2,124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
Nassau Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was staying here for the International Surf Show. It is quite a long walk over to the convention center, but it beats driving in Orlando traffic- (can be brutal) The front desk staff was wonderful. I ordered room service, and it was a bit pricy, but room service in large hotels usually is not cheap. It arrived within 40 minutes, and they brought me a piece of cheese cake for being late. My room was cleaned every day- although I had only one bar of soap for the sink and the shower. No shower gel, no shower cap (women do use these by the way) It looked like they cut back on amenities, although there were two bottles of complimentary water. This is my hotel of choice for anything I attend at the convention center, however the service and staff was better before they added all the extra rooms.

Room Tip: High floor with convention center view in the new tower, gives you a view across Orlando.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Your basic convention hotel. During my stay almost both towers were full. Staff was clearly straining to handle the guests. During check in the young man said one sentence to me. Clearly felt like a passport line in Chicago.

Rooms are very basic and nothing special. Bathrooms are the same...very basic. Bed was satisfactory. Had extra towels and you can call for turn down service and new towels. No automatic turn down service.

Bell stand guys working hard but at times no one was present so you had to wait. Very business like...nobody did volunteer directions or even say travel safe. Maybe everyone was having a bad day.

Banquet meals were below average. Service was satisfactory but quality was poor. Beef not cooked properly and breakfast, coffee both lukewarm.

Fitness Center was the only positive experience. Very nice, large variety of options. Clean.

All in all....would call this a very basic hotel and I felt like I was processed through, they took the money and I left.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear BTrun78:

I value your feedback and appreciate knowing that you enjoyed our fitness center. I do regret that you do not have more positive experiences to report. For business or pleasure, I understand there are choices for hotel accommodations, so it is important that each associate you encounter exhibits the Peabody Service Excellence behaviors and values that have earned us our reputation. I will share your experiences with our team to ensure our standards are achieved and hope you will consider The Peabody Orlando for your accommodations when returning to our area.

Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just got back from a convention there and all I can say is their staff is totally incompetent, and I have never seen a hotel that cared so much about the bottom line and not the client.
I will never have an event there nor will I ever stay there. All they care about is making money, period.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear stephane p:

I value your business and your feedback Stephane; I apologize for the experience you had while at our property and I invite you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss the details of your stay. The Peabody Orlando is dedicated to providing consistent, first-class service to our guests and it disappoints me that this was not your experience on our property. Thank you for sharing your review and I look forward to speaking with you should wish to discuss the incidents further so I can address with our teams.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

It is going on 3 hours and I still sit in the lobby as I write this an wait. I was told I would get a call when the room was ready but still I wait. I have seen people I know who just got here walk in walk up to the counter and check in. One person who was waiting with us finally went back to the check in and magically his room became available he second he walked up. Check in was at 3 it's now almost 5. Still I wait. At this point the room will have to be spectacular to erase the memory of the wait. And yet still, I wait. Sigh.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Jchaump:

I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns Mr. Chaump. I regret any inconvenience a room delay caused to you; we are fully committed to guest comfort and I am confident that the remainder of your stay with us, and the service levels you will experience, will provide you with a positive view of our hotel.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have just returned from spending 6 nights at the Peabody. I was there on business, and found the whole experience a refreshing change. The hotel is huge but well signed and conveniently located to the airport and International Drive. Close to a number of restaurants and within easy access of great shopping. The food was varied and tasty, a pleasent change for conference hotels. The spa was relaxing and enjoyable. My room overlooked the large pool, so I felt I had not alternative but to swim, it was really refreshing.

Room Tip: It seems that the rooms in the new tower are more spacious with larger bathrooms. My room looked ov...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Peabody while attending a trade show at the convention center across the street. The location is conveniently located to the airport, convention center, and great restaurants. Yes, the hotel is huge, but maintains a welcoming & comfortable atmosphere. The hotel restaurants were very good, and the service was fast. Our room was very comfortable & quiet. We would definitely stay there again & highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear SunnyDiaz:

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel along with your review, I am proud to read about the welcoming and comfortable atmosphere you enjoyed at The Peabody Orlando. I look forward to seeing again when you plan a return trip to our area.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!