“Really nice hotel !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Burke, Virginia
“Really nice hotel !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

A really stunning hotel ...it is more expensive than others in the area but for the most part well with it. The room was immaculate and comfortable. The hotel overall was beautiful. We didn't have time to use it but the pool looked amazing. The fitness room was nice. Only drawback for me was having to pay to self park and the resort fee of 9 dollars (for water and use of fitness center..etc) for things that should be included in the higher price. The traditional duck march was cute. I would stay here again and highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear umbc24:

Thank you for your feedback. I am very proud of our fitness center, which was designed to meet the needs of fitness enthusiasts while away from home. I appreciate your recommendation of The Peabody Orlando and I look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have to say the Peabody is one of the best hotels I have stayed in the rooms were immaculate the luxury bathroom had a tv built into the mirror so you could enjoy a relaxing movie or catch up with the news after a buy day at the theme parks.Staff are friendly and helpful and the location on international drive gives easy access to the bus to local theme parks .The only slight criticism is when we visited in November the pool did not seem to get a lot of sunlight as the building shades the pool ,this might be an advantage in the summer but made it too cool in November .However we were not really there to sit by the pool so this did not spoil any of our holiday .I would highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear saredy:

Thank you for your recommendation of The Peabody Orlando. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and will enjoy sharing your comments on our friendly and helpful staff with our team. Should you plan a return stay to Orlando, I will hope for warmer weather so you may be enticed to relax by the pool.

Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at the Peabody Orlando during a recent business trip. The Delux room was spacious overlooking the main pool. The beds where very comfortable. Flat screen TV, Large Bathroom with in mirror Tv set which was a neat convienence when getting ready for the day. The staff where very friendly and attentive to my needs. This is a massive hotel with many Resteraunts and Lounges. The Point Orlando is right across the street and offers many options for shopping and dining. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear RM_1509:

I appreciate reading that you would stay with us again at The Peabody Orlando. Thank you for your review and feedback on our very friendly and attentive staff. I look forward to our future opportunity to host your return visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I attended a conference at the Peabody, otherwise I probably would not have been comfortable with the expensive room rate. However, it was worth it. My room was very large with 180 degree views. The bed and pillows were so comfy...I just melted at night. The shower water could have been hotter. My room overlooked the beautiful pool area and was quite sad that I never got to enjoy it, but our conference itinerary was quite packed. The staff was helpful, friendly and professional. Overall a nice experience.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Amy P:

I am pleased to hear about your stay with us Amy, that you enjoyed a comfy sleep experience along with friendly and helpful encounters with our staff. Thank you for your review. We will be offering summer specials soon so I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to The Peabody Orlando when you can plan to experience our pools and maybe schedule a spa service too! If you do not already receive our email communications, please visit our home page to sign up.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I expected more the the money I spent at the Peabody. I was in town for a Convention and just booked here to walk across the street. Everyone was nice at the hotel. I may have just been put in an old room, but it had a horrible mildew smell. Also, the air conditioner didn't work so, it was sweltering all night. When I was leaving and tried to check out with the TV service...my TV stopped working. So, I was a bit disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear codson:

Thank you for your feedback, I am always pleased to receive positive comments on our staff. I do regret that your positive experience did not extend to your guest room. I would like to follow up on these situations but am unable to identify your room. I would welcome a chance to learn more from you and hope we have a future opportunity to exceed your expectations should you visit us again.

Larkhall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last year for 2 weeks after reading the great reviews online. We were staying in Orlando without a car, so wanted a hotel that was in a good central location and this was perfect.

The hotel is within short walking distance to the shops, bars and restaurants of Pointe Orlando, as well as many others on International Drive. There is also an I Ride trolley stop right outside then hotel, which takes you to all the places of interest on International Drive. Tickets for the trolley are included in the daily service charge of the room which we found really useful as we used these every day.

The hotel itself is lovely and very modern. Our room was spotlessly clean and a really good size. There are a number of places to eat, but we only ever had breakfast. There is a small coffee bar where you can grab a coffee and a muffin or pastry, which we did the days we were leaving early to go to the parks. This is very reasonably priced.

The hotel arranges shuttles buses to take you to all the parks as well as other attractions like the Kennedy Space Centre. A return bus ticket to any of the Disney parks is only $10. For Universal Studios we found it even cheaper to just get a taxi.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, it is a beautiful hotel in a great central location for anyone wishing to stay on International Drive. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are already booked to go back again this summer!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Koalo_Cola:

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando this summer. Thank you for your return business and your review too. I’m glad you found our location and transportation options to the area attractions convenient. Orlando continues to expand its attractions and the Kennedy Space Center will introduce a new Atlantis Shuttle experience this summer, so I know you will enjoy exploring new adventures when you return.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Couldn’t fault this hotel at all. Stayed for 2 weeks with family and was excellent in every way. If you are staying at this hotel for a vacation, don’t be put of with the fact that it perhaps seems more suited towards business needs for conferences etc. Didn’t bother us at all, as the pool etc was never busy and it seemed as if you had the hotel to yourself. Location of the hotel is great, especially being only a 5 minute walk form Miller’s Ale house, WIN! Only slight downside is the parking charge and daily service charge at the hotel. But you can opt out of these charges.

Would certainly recommend and hopefully will be back again.

Room Tip: The pool on the older wing is quieter.