“Would go back again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights, Save 10%
Ranked #35 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Would go back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Couldn’t fault this hotel at all. Stayed for 2 weeks with family and was excellent in every way. If you are staying at this hotel for a vacation, don’t be put of with the fact that it perhaps seems more suited towards business needs for conferences etc. Didn’t bother us at all, as the pool etc was never busy and it seemed as if you had the hotel to yourself. Location of the hotel is great, especially being only a 5 minute walk form Miller’s Ale house, WIN! Only slight downside is the parking charge and daily service charge at the hotel. But you can opt out of these charges.

Would certainly recommend and hopefully will be back again.

Room Tip: The pool on the older wing is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Gary M:

I appreciate the opportunity to host your family holiday to Orlando and am very pleased to read that you recommend our hotel. I’m glad you found our pool and the local establishments enjoyable and I await our opportunity to welcome you back to The Peabody Orlando.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and enjoyed it so much I returned a few months later with my husband for a vacation. The hotel amenities are first class. From fine dining to a coffee shop to poolside lunches - the food was great and reasonably priced considering the quality of the hotel, The hotel is situated between the conference centre and a lovely outdoor shopping centre... Pointe Orlando ..which has an excellent selection of restaurants, movie theatres and a little shopping. It is also located only 20 minutes from either outlet mall or about 30 minutes from Millenium Mall or the Florida Mall. Also close to the theme parks. I would consider the Peabody to be a more adult hotel but the pool area is kid friendly with a slide and duck characters and, of course you cannot forget the March of the Duck morning and night. We're talking real Mallard ducks that come down the elevator and spend the day at a fountain in the lobby. Now that's ducky!

Room Tip: Select a room facing the back and overlooking the pool with the waterfalls.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear cherylctravels:

It’s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your first visit at The Peabody Orlando so much that you returned with your husband. I appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again when traveling to Orlando.

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a pretty full schedule on our visit to Orlando, so we didn't get to spend much time at the hotel, missing the procession of the ducks and not getting to enjoy the expansive and very nice-looking pool area. Our stay was quite comfortable, though, and the room well appointed, and while I wasn't wowed I certainly wasn't disappointed either. My only complaint was the ridiculous wait at check-in. I've experienced a similar check-in queue at another hotel in the Orlando area, so maybe it comes with the territory, but that hotel was a Ramada; I just didn't expect a problem like that at the Peabody.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear thehankster:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. I am pleased that your stay was comfortable, but regret any delay at check in. I assure you that the arrival experience is an essential element of our service delivery and I continue to monitor this process so it meets our standards.

As a Florida resident, I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again with time to experience the pools and see our duck march as well. If you are not already receiving our communications, we invite you to sign up on our website, or visit our profile page on TripAdvisor for offers. I look forward to welcoming back to our hotel for a future getaway.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed five nights at the Peabody on Feb. 12-17 for a recent conference. Overall, the hotel is top notch, but expensive.

Pros: The location is unbeatable if you are looking for proximity to Universal Studios, other attractions and the airport. I was in an upgraded corner suite and the room was very nice with windows all around and a balcony. Wifi, two bottles of water, and the turndown service are included in the $2.95 hotel service fee, which I appreciated. My room had a mini-fridge, a separate living and bedroom, and three TVs. Little things like motion-sending nightlights under the nightstand and the sink in the bathroom were nice touches. The food was as good as can be expected at a hotel restaurant, but pricey. The bellmen and concierge were very helpful and accommodating. The hotel is very large with two towers. Both pools are great, but I really enjoyed the heated lap pool because it was much less crowded.

Cons: It’s huge. The hotel is very large and I got tired of trekking from one side of the hotel to the other. Also, everything is very expensive. Coffee makers aren’t provided in your room, so you have to head to the coffee shop or diner, where a medium coffee is $3.99. Also, I forgot my sunscreen and ended up paying $16.99 for a small container – I know they have a captive audience, but come on! The restaurants are good but also very expensive. $17 for an omelet is absurd. I would expect that for room service, but not in the B-Line Diner.

Overall, the hotel was great and our meeting went very well. The service was very good and the rooms were nicely appointed and very comfortable. If I’m ever back in Orlando, I would certainly stay here again (especially if my company is footing the bill…)

Dear duncana2912:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. I enjoy hearing you describe our hotel as top notch with very helpful and accommodating staff. I am pleased to read that your meeting was a success and that you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room along with our lap pool, which I enjoy myself. I value your feedback, as it is helpful when discussing product improvements and I look forward to our opportunity to host your next visit to Orlando.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed in Orlando at the Peabody for a business event February 14 -16 2013. As usual, the duck theme s everywhere within the hotel. The rooms were top of the line with every possible amenity. Even the bathroom features a tv built into the mirror! The staff was exceptional catering to your every need and with three restaurants on site, getting a bite to each was easy. Even the lounge entertainment was lively and drew a nice crowd each night. The meeting rooms were also very nice and easily accommodated our group which was over 250 total. The best part, you're right in the heart f everything Orlando has to offer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear RandyE715:

I appreciate your review of The Peabody Orlando and am proud to read about our exceptional staff. I am glad you found our location and facilities accommodating to your needs and I look forward to our next opportunity to host your Orlando visit.

Waterville, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I are just back from seven nights at the Peabody. This is a nice hotel which is geared towards people using the convention centre across the road, my wife and I weren't.
The rooms are nice, clean with great beds, we were on the 18th floor overlooking the big pool area.
On arrival we were told that the hotel was very busy and the three restaurants were fully booked, a strange comment considering we hadn't enquired about eating there.
This is without doubt one of the most expensive hotels in Orlando, bar prices are sky high and the restaurants aren't cheap either. A small 330ml can of bud lite at the pool will cost you $7.41 plus tip, this is way too much.
I understand most people here are on company credit cards but not every one is.
This hotel can feel a little imposing with everyone walking around in suits and you can feel a little out of place, I honestly think we were the only non convention folk there.
I would recommend this hotel but only if you are going to a convention and someone else is paying for it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I just came back from staying 1 night at The Peabody. This was for business travel so I cannot comment on price or value. I found the staff extremely helpful. The hotel was nice and clean.

I thought the room size was nice. The tubs are huge and with the curved shower bar gives you lots of room in the shower. I was not able to leave the bath mat on the floor as the door would not open with it on the floor. Also you have to come all the way in to close the door - a little awkward but nothing I couldn't work around. I think the night lights that come on when walk at night are a nice touch. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I heard very little if any hall traffic. The free wi-fi (included because of a resort fee) was sketchy.

The concierge staff and valet staff were so helpful. Giving me nice tips on restaurants within in walking distance or driving distance. They even printed out the movie schedule for me - there is a theatre almost across the street. If you self park, it is quite a hike back to the hotel but if you can arrange it they offer a driver in a golf cart to take you to your car in the garage.

I didn't get to use the pool but the pool area is huge and very nice with a nice children's area. There is no coffee pot in the room but they do offer complimentary coffee in the lobby during a specified time. They do have a small frig in the room and you are offered 2 bottles of water a day.

I found the location convenient and the amenities nice.

Dear RLWinslow:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I enjoy hearing about our staff being extremely helpful and that you found our bedding to be comfortable. I appreciate your feedback and hope your next stay will allow you the opportunity to experience more of the leisure activities we have to offer.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!