“A great hotel in the heart of Orlando” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #37 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A great hotel in the heart of Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed in Orlando at the Peabody for a business event February 14 -16 2013. As usual, the duck theme s everywhere within the hotel. The rooms were top of the line with every possible amenity. Even the bathroom features a tv built into the mirror! The staff was exceptional catering to your every need and with three restaurants on site, getting a bite to each was easy. Even the lounge entertainment was lively and drew a nice crowd each night. The meeting rooms were also very nice and easily accommodated our group which was over 250 total. The best part, you're right in the heart f everything Orlando has to offer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear RandyE715:

I appreciate your review of The Peabody Orlando and am proud to read about our exceptional staff. I am glad you found our location and facilities accommodating to your needs and I look forward to our next opportunity to host your Orlando visit.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
Waterville, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I are just back from seven nights at the Peabody. This is a nice hotel which is geared towards people using the convention centre across the road, my wife and I weren't.
The rooms are nice, clean with great beds, we were on the 18th floor overlooking the big pool area.
On arrival we were told that the hotel was very busy and the three restaurants were fully booked, a strange comment considering we hadn't enquired about eating there.
This is without doubt one of the most expensive hotels in Orlando, bar prices are sky high and the restaurants aren't cheap either. A small 330ml can of bud lite at the pool will cost you $7.41 plus tip, this is way too much.
I understand most people here are on company credit cards but not every one is.
This hotel can feel a little imposing with everyone walking around in suits and you can feel a little out of place, I honestly think we were the only non convention folk there.
I would recommend this hotel but only if you are going to a convention and someone else is paying for it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I just came back from staying 1 night at The Peabody. This was for business travel so I cannot comment on price or value. I found the staff extremely helpful. The hotel was nice and clean.

I thought the room size was nice. The tubs are huge and with the curved shower bar gives you lots of room in the shower. I was not able to leave the bath mat on the floor as the door would not open with it on the floor. Also you have to come all the way in to close the door - a little awkward but nothing I couldn't work around. I think the night lights that come on when walk at night are a nice touch. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I heard very little if any hall traffic. The free wi-fi (included because of a resort fee) was sketchy.

The concierge staff and valet staff were so helpful. Giving me nice tips on restaurants within in walking distance or driving distance. They even printed out the movie schedule for me - there is a theatre almost across the street. If you self park, it is quite a hike back to the hotel but if you can arrange it they offer a driver in a golf cart to take you to your car in the garage.

I didn't get to use the pool but the pool area is huge and very nice with a nice children's area. There is no coffee pot in the room but they do offer complimentary coffee in the lobby during a specified time. They do have a small frig in the room and you are offered 2 bottles of water a day.

I found the location convenient and the amenities nice.

Dear RLWinslow:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I enjoy hearing about our staff being extremely helpful and that you found our bedding to be comfortable. I appreciate your feedback and hope your next stay will allow you the opportunity to experience more of the leisure activities we have to offer.

Nice, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Okay I am not an Orlando fan. Once you skip the amusement parks, golf, and shopping malls, there is no there there. But the staff was great. The spa was overpriced. The diner food was decent. But hurrah for the ducks. The ducks are cool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Honeypot62:

I appreciate hearing about our great staff and that you did not miss out on our cool duck experience. I am glad we had the opportunity to host your business trip and sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando.

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were here for two days,before christmas ,we did maybe expect more than we got!
Our party of 11 had different rooms, some of us had visited the hotel before and it seem better before.We tried the american restaurant wich was open all day ,but it was not special, rather boring.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear stig56:

Thank you for selecting The Peabody Orlando; I appreciate the opportunity to host your family holiday. I realize you have a variety of choices for accommodations so reading that we did not achieve an excellent rating disappoints me. I want to assure you that we continue to evaluate our products and services and hope you will consider a future stay with us when traveling back to the Orlando area as I am confident we will exceed your expectations.

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This past week I stayed at the Peabody for a convention in Orlando and it was a fine experience. Highlights were the gym, the in room large bathtub, and the sensor lights under the nightstand and bathroom sink. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The food in the restaurant Napa and room service was okay at best, but they have a nice selection of wines from Napa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Whirled_Traveler007:

I appreciate hearing about your fine experience with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and that our fitness facility was one of the highlights of your visit. I also appreciate the opportunity to share your feedback on our wine selection at Napa with our culinary team. I look forward to seeing you again when traveling back to the Orlando area and hope you will expand your Peabody experiences with a visit to our spa.

Parkland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent 3 nights here while attending a conference. Although this tries to be a luxury property (and appears so at first glance) my time spent in the room(s) revealed a series of little issues, such as a malfunctioning TV, an A/C unit which only operated on high (keeping the room arctic), a shower head which was so loose it was about to fall off, etc. Otherwise, no complaints about the room itself which was clean, comfortable and fresh.
My issues with this stay, however, are directly related to the lack of customer care. My first room (room 10554) was located directly above a hotel party room which also had an outdoor area where guests could gather. There was an extremely loud party with live music going on. The guests were mingling outside directly under my window, drinking, yelling, laughing, smoking and generally making a loud racket. To make a long story short, the music and racket continued well past the 10:00 PM curfew and my multiple complaints got me nowhere. When I asked to speak with the hotel manager I was told he was dealing with an emergency and would get back to me - he never did. The party continued until well past midnight and I was unable to get much sleep. There was no apology, no follow up and the manager never contacted me. The next day I was switched to another room, which shared a wall with the elevator shaft (room 21514). Imagine, a guest complains about noise and is switched to a room next to the elevators!! Call me paranoid, but somehow, I don't think this was coincidental. The white noise from the A/C along with earplugs was enough to drown out the constant moan of the elevators.
The highlight of my stay was when the valet lost the key to my car. Of course, they blamed me until the found the key in the valet booth. Again, no apology was offered.
I spend about 75 nights/year in hotels for business travel, and this property is one of the worst for customer service I have ever experienced. I was supposed to be returning here again in 2 weeks to attend another meeting. I have instructed my travel agency to book me elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, stay elsewhere.