“Good for business travel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights, Save 10%
Ranked #43 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, CA
“Good for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This past week I stayed at the Peabody for a convention in Orlando and it was a fine experience. Highlights were the gym, the in room large bathtub, and the sensor lights under the nightstand and bathroom sink. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The food in the restaurant Napa and room service was okay at best, but they have a nice selection of wines from Napa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Whirled_Traveler007:

I appreciate hearing about your fine experience with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and that our fitness facility was one of the highlights of your visit. I also appreciate the opportunity to share your feedback on our wine selection at Napa with our culinary team. I look forward to seeing you again when traveling back to the Orlando area and hope you will expand your Peabody experiences with a visit to our spa.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
Parkland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent 3 nights here while attending a conference. Although this tries to be a luxury property (and appears so at first glance) my time spent in the room(s) revealed a series of little issues, such as a malfunctioning TV, an A/C unit which only operated on high (keeping the room arctic), a shower head which was so loose it was about to fall off, etc. Otherwise, no complaints about the room itself which was clean, comfortable and fresh.
My issues with this stay, however, are directly related to the lack of customer care. My first room (room 10554) was located directly above a hotel party room which also had an outdoor area where guests could gather. There was an extremely loud party with live music going on. The guests were mingling outside directly under my window, drinking, yelling, laughing, smoking and generally making a loud racket. To make a long story short, the music and racket continued well past the 10:00 PM curfew and my multiple complaints got me nowhere. When I asked to speak with the hotel manager I was told he was dealing with an emergency and would get back to me - he never did. The party continued until well past midnight and I was unable to get much sleep. There was no apology, no follow up and the manager never contacted me. The next day I was switched to another room, which shared a wall with the elevator shaft (room 21514). Imagine, a guest complains about noise and is switched to a room next to the elevators!! Call me paranoid, but somehow, I don't think this was coincidental. The white noise from the A/C along with earplugs was enough to drown out the constant moan of the elevators.
The highlight of my stay was when the valet lost the key to my car. Of course, they blamed me until the found the key in the valet booth. Again, no apology was offered.
I spend about 75 nights/year in hotels for business travel, and this property is one of the worst for customer service I have ever experienced. I was supposed to be returning here again in 2 weeks to attend another meeting. I have instructed my travel agency to book me elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, stay elsewhere.
Dear RichJW:

I appreciate the opportunity to follow up on your concerns, but I regret that this was not resolved to your satisfaction immediately. I value your business and hope you will grant us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our abilities to exceed the standards of service established for The Peabody Orlando when you are in Orlando in two weeks.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and daughter for a convention. My daughter is 9 months old and the hotel was very accommodating to my daughter. We asked for a crib and they brought and actual full size crib, not a pack and play. We did bring our own crib sheets but the sheets they provided looked very clean and almost new. We stayed in an executive room for extra room. Much needed extra room. The ducks were also a great addition for entertainment for the baby. Easy walk across International to the convention center. Very close walking distance to many good restaurants and also an easy drive to lots of other options. I would definitely stay here again. My top option for staying in Orlando for a convention. Also easy access to Disney and Universal.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for an executive room. The added space was much appreciated especially with a...
Dear DDB0726:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. I certainly enjoy hearing that you would definitely stay here again. Whether for business or pleasure, I look forward to hosting your return visit.

Sarasota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Must admit the story of the three ducks had us fooled into thinking we had found a charming boutique hotel amidst the plethora of chain hotels and resorts in Orlando. Little did we know, The Peabody is the largest convention hotel outside of Las Vegas. Our first room, at the end of a very long corridor on the 21st floor, was directly next to an obnoxiously loud ice machine. When we called the front desk to request a quieter room we were told to bring our luggage to the lobby. The next room was also at the end of a very long corridor but at least it was quiet, clean, comfortable and well appointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ShellSeekerShell:

I value your business along with your feedback. I regret any disappointments with your room location but appreciate the opportunity to follow up on your concern with our Front Desk team. When traveling to Central Florida, I hope you will allow us to provide a different experience.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Peabody is a high end property. New tower still has that "new" hotel smell. The lines for check in were consistently long, it always seems as if the desk was staffed with just enough people to get by, depending on how many guests they were expecting. Nice layout with the very lively "Rocks" lounge right off the lobby.
Pool area on new side was very nice with the well serviced "Coconuts" pool side restaurant. Great for a snack and cocktail after a long day on a convention floor. Very nice pool.
Smack dab in the middle of "I" Drive (International Drive), where there is ton of restaurants and places for nightlife.
And if you're in town for a convention, no bus or cab to get there, just walk 50 yards accross the street or though the over the street enclosed walkway. Similarly, at the end of the day, you're in your room in minutes.
Staff was competent and no glitches in service. But nothing that stuns you. Just good solid service. Cab line is extremely well run and don't be afraid if you see a line, no more than a 5 minute wait. The staff is very attentive there.
The Duck parade is a very special touch that gives the Peabody character to match its efficiencies.

Room Tip: I had a suite on the 26th (concierge floor) of the new tower. It was a corner suite looking directly...
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, very attentive staff geared toward big groups and conventions. The food was wonderful at all the group events. The pool, business center, health club and spa are all top notch. My only criticism as the rooms had some short comings.
1) the pillow cases were DIRTY. thee had clearly not been changed since the last guests.
2) there are minimal immenities. 1 small bar of soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. That's it.
3) Televison channel selction - sparse
4) well worn, uncomfortable bed.
I expected something more than a marriot or hilton but really no better at a higher price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear eatlocal1ofakind:

I appreciate receiving your feedback on our attentive staff and the hotel facilities that you enjoyed but regret any disappointments you experienced with your guest room. Any experience that does not meet our Peabody standards demands our attention. I thank you for the opportunity to follow up with our housekeeping team and hope you will consider The Peabody Orlando as your host hotel when visiting our area again.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed in The Peabody during December 2012 at the end of our honeymoon as we were flying back to Ireland from Orlando. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The check in staff were really helpful and friendly and we were checked in and in our room in about 15 mins. We were given a room in the newer section of the hotel and I have to say it was beautiful. The bed was really comfortable and the room was huge. We wanted a hotel near to Universal Studios which was only about a 15 min drive from the hotel. We didn't eat in the hotel but we did have a few drinks in the bar which was fantastic. All the staff were friendly and helpful and willing to help in any way they could. We have recommended The Peabody to all our friends who are traveling to Orlando and some have already stayed already and all agree that The Peabody is a fantastic place to stay.

Room Tip: Any room in the new section where we stayed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear TheHornetCorkcity:

Congratulations on your recent marriage! Thank you for selecting The Peabody Orlando for your visit, we appreciate your business. We take pride in our service and comments like yours are rewarding to read. I hope we have the honor of hosting a future anniversary celebration, until then, I wish you a beautiful future together.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!