We just got engaged and have been traveling quite a bit, and we found that sharing our good news has resulted in some terrific upgrades. (Just an FYI, "It's our anniversary" works too, but not as well) The Peabody was another super-snag via Hotwire. ($95 !! when rack rate was $220)
The desk was quick to offer many affordable upgrade options, and we chose a suite on the 20th floor with a balcony and corner location which offered amazing views. We also received a handwritten note with our turn down service and complimentary cocktails in the poolside lounge.The vibe here is definitely grown up, but not stuffy, and everyone we encountered was extremely helpful.
Room--Was very modern and well appointed, with a separate sitting area and balcony overlooking the pool. The bed was huge, with fantastic linens and cool lights that were motion activated at the base of the bedside table.
We ate appetizers in the lounge, which were of very high quality for hotel bar food, and also had room service for breakfast. Both dining experiences exceeded our expectations. Oh, and the bloody marys were extremely well done, as well.
The service definitely made this a special stay and we would definitely go back again if we are in the area. Watching the fireworks from our balcony was a cool bonus, Disney we thank you after all. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Orlando, a masterpiece of contemporary design and luxurious décor and furnishings, is the Orlando convention hotel of choice for the nation's professional meeting planners. Conveniently located in the midst of the 2.1-million-square-foot Orange County Convention Center, and the only hotel located directly across the street from the center's main entrance, it features luxury hotel accommodations and is a national landmark hotel in the meetings and conventions industry. Our Orlando hotel exudes relaxed elegance, and the warmth of Southern hospitality. The ideal location for association and corporate meetings and conventions, Hyatt Regency Orlando is located just a short drive from Walt Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Orlando and 15 minutes from Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl