“Great accommodations--” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #36 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great accommodations--”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We booked a room on Expedia on the fly as we returned from Port Canaveral. The facilities at the Peabody are very nice. Front desk staff went out of their way to be helpful during a crazy rush of check-ins prior to a bowl game. Our room was not ready yet, but they called us to let us know when it became available. The room was clean and very comfortable. We were very happy with our stay with one exception--we left a pair of sunglasses in the room, and called to inquire as to whether they were turned in to lost and found, but they were not.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Wombat21:

I’m glad we had the opportunity to host your family visit and that you enjoyed your great accommodations. I appreciate your business but regret we were not able to locate your glasses. I will follow up with our lost and found security officer to determine if they have any new developments on your claim. When traveling back to our area, I hope you will include The Peabody Orlando in your travel plans.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
alameda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went to Peabody as part of convention. Very close to convention center. Reservations all handled well. Easy check in and very attentive staff.
Room size was good and good ammentaties. Best part of the hotel for me was the lap pool. There was usually no wait to access the two lanes.
Hotel restaurants and convention food was good. Nice work out room.
Overpriced so would only stay here for business not with family for vacation.
Also no free shuttle to Disney was a big minus-usually included in surrounding hotels

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear pseudomonas:

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with me. I am pleased to know how you enjoyed our lap pool, it has become a favorite spot of mine, and that our hotel met your needs. I appreciate your feedback on our products and hope we have a future opportunity to welcome you back to The Peabody Orlando. Perhaps you would like to visit our website and sign up to receive email notifications of our special rates and exclusive offers.

Congleton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel is nice, not quite as nice as the Hilton next door thou! the rooms are spacious! the reception staff are very friendly! But i stayed there over the Christmas period and had Christmas dinner in their restaurant on Christmas Day anyway leter that night i was being sick and had diarrhea so visited the pharmacy they said it would be food poision so i complained to the hotel about it the hotel passed me on to their insurance person who said you can`t prove it was caused by the food in the hotel and that there was no other person who was sick! which was incorrect as i was told by a member of staff that someone else had complained. So as you can not prove that the restaurant made you sick even thou it was the only eating establishment i visited that day there is nothing we can do! In future i would not reccommend them but the Hilton next door is very good in all honesty its a better hotel anyway and the Rosen Shingle Creek is good too!
P.S. it appears that when i booked into the hotel i had an extra guest already in the room a cockroach which was running between the bathroom and the fridge but i was only moved room after insisting that i would not sleep in a room with roachs! (makes you wonder if they ever fumigated the room afterwoods?)

Room Tip: You want to make sure your room is in the newer tower rooms appear to be slightly smaller but are cl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear richard h:

I value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. I regret hearing about your experience at our hotel and want to assure you that the safety and comfort of our guests is our priority. This extends to all food products we make here or come to us prepackaged; and we have an extensive process in place to ensure we are meeting and exceeding the guidelines of the State Health Department.

While this does not change the situation you describe, I hope our practices reassures you that we take food safety very seriously at The Peabody Orlando. I welcome your call should I be able to assist you with any further concerns.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed here on a summer holiday in June 2012 and found it superb. The staff are extremely helpful, once you get out of your taxi, you are greeted by one of their friendly staff. If you need any help they are there and are so helful what ever the matter is and will alway try their best to suit you. The room was lovely and spacious and I esecially enjoyed the ducks made of soap. I loved the idea of having a duck theme and the ducks coming in every morning. The swimming pool is lovelyand so is the spa, I also liked the idea of having a water slide. The food is also brilliant especially the crem brulee. I really enjoyed my stay here and so did my family, and would highly reccomend this to any one!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Aimee D:

Thank you for selecting The Peabody Orlando for your summer holiday. I am really glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you would highly recommend our hotel to any one! I will enjoy sharing your review with our team and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when your travel plans include Orlando.

Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband who was there to attend a convention. He was there for business, I was there for pleasure. The Peabody proved to be in a great location on International Drive and provided a clean, comfortable room. The hotel itself is very nice, the check in/out as well as housekeeping and bell service were great and the people they have working there are very cordial and helpful. Our room was in the older section of the hotel with a very narrow (approx. 36") balcony facing the pool. It was a room with a door connecting the next room and was far from soundproof! The people in the neighbouring room had 3 young children who were awake before 6am each morning crying and screaming with their dad hollering at them even louder. It was not pleasant. This went on during our first 3 mornings. Then, on our final 2 nights of our 6 night stay the neighbours on the other side of us decided it was party time and even though we were in bed trying to sleep, it felt as though we were at the party! Of course none of this is the hotel's fault, I am only making the point that the rooms are far from soundproof in the older section. As far as amenities go, the hotel offers restaurants, bars, a gift shop and a coffee shop all of which are quite pricey. The rooms themselves have the necessary bathroom items such as shampoo, conditioner, lotion and cute little duck soap and a nice large bathtub/shower combo, however we didn't have a plug for the bathtub. In the room there is a bar fridge but I was disappointed that there was not a coffee maker although they offer free coffee near the valet lobby. Then of course, there are the ducks. So cute to watch the march of the ducks and the Duck Master gives you their history and reassurance that they are treated as little kings and queens while in the care of The Peabody. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat to anyone who was not on a tight budget. Very nice, clean and conveniently located to the Convention Centre, Disney, shopping, restaurants and the International Drive Trolley is a must use if you do not have a vehicle at your disposal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony as not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Cathy430:

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel. I appreciate your review and enjoy reading you describe our service associates as cordial and helpful, we are fortunate to have a team who are dedicated to Service Excellence.

I regret the disturbances you experienced but welcome your feedback which assists us with our continuous product improvement efforts. When in Orlando again, I hope The Peabody Orlando will service as your host hotel.

Meadville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

First let me say that I was really looking forward to staying at a Peabody and the "duck" stuff is cute and the bed comfortable. However, you can get a good bed in an almost identical room for much less money at other hotels in the area that have excellent customer service. The Peabody does not have good customer service, let alone excellent. When our taxi arrived at the main entrance no one greeted us (about 7:00pm) not a bell hop, not a door man, not a soul. So we dragged our luggage in to the front desk. No one ever approached us to offer assistance in any way. Not even when we walked directly in front of the bell desk on the way to the elevators to our room. At check in we were told that there were no more king beds available in this enormous hotel (really?). The girl at the desk was rude and indifferent and I wished I had gotten her name, but frankly after staying here I'm not sure that management would care. The room that we were given had two beds with one only about 8" from the wall. Maybe it was set up that way to make it appear as though the room is larger than it actually is. On the first night I went to the sundry shop for Tylenol. The girl there suggested that at 10:30 pm I should take a 20 minute walk to a Walgreens as they did not have any Tylenol. No offer of the hotel car to take me since it was late (something that I have experienced at the Hilton), no offer to check to see if there was more in a stock room. Just a flat we're out walk to Walgreens. Twice during our stay we stopped briefly at the Concierge desk were the attitude was not friendly or helpful at all. Finally the convention staff was a whiney bunch that could be overheard complaining as they serviced the buffet lines and tables in the convention hall. A final cap on a poor experience here. The only friendly staff member we encountered was our waiter at the Diner on the last morning of our trip. He was very attentive and friendly. All of their staff should take some instruction from this man.
Good beds, average rooms, lousy service, I will suggest that the company use a different hotel next time.

Room Tip: If you must stay here and have no choice ask for a room near the convention hall. It is a long walk...
Dear jaf24:

I appreciate and value your feedback and am concerned over the experiences you describe. We do our best to accommodate bed preferences, but this is not always possible and I regret your disappointment with your room assignment. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, I know that there are a variety of choices in Orlando. Consequently, I sincerely apologize about the service levels you encountered. This is not representative of the 4-Star, 4-Diamond service rating The Peabody Orlando has earned for 25 years. I have already begun discussing your concerns with our team and feel confident that any service deficiencies will be corrected. I thank you for the opportunity to ensure our service standards are met and hope that when you are traveling to Orlando you will provide us with another chance to serve you.

Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This January I had a business convention in the Peabody and the adjacent Convention Center.
At first I balked at the 200/night negotiated rate figuring since I would be there several days it would add up. But in hindsight it proved worthwhile. The rooms were immaculate, beds comfortable and location ideal for convention access. The decor was one of a kind and the
little things like under cabinet lights at floor level that automatically come on when you get up in the middle of the night or the TV screen in the bathroom mirror made you feel special. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms spacious. The only thing that I would have liked to be different was the temperature control. Apparently the thermostat has some kind of automated feature and the room took a while to cool down when I returned. Of course most January's this would not have been a problem but this trip was during a real warm spell in Fla.
One night we ate in the Capriccio Grill where the food and service were excellent. All in all it was a stay worth the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!