“Business and Luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

Booking.com HotelTravel.com
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights, Save 10%
Ranked #38 of 329 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Business and Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This January I had a business convention in the Peabody and the adjacent Convention Center.
At first I balked at the 200/night negotiated rate figuring since I would be there several days it would add up. But in hindsight it proved worthwhile. The rooms were immaculate, beds comfortable and location ideal for convention access. The decor was one of a kind and the
little things like under cabinet lights at floor level that automatically come on when you get up in the middle of the night or the TV screen in the bathroom mirror made you feel special. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms spacious. The only thing that I would have liked to be different was the temperature control. Apparently the thermostat has some kind of automated feature and the room took a while to cool down when I returned. Of course most January's this would not have been a problem but this trip was during a real warm spell in Fla.
One night we ate in the Capriccio Grill where the food and service were excellent. All in all it was a stay worth the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

1,978 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at the Peabody Orlando for a recent convention. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. Immaculately maintained, sharply appointed, and very inviting. Staff were all stupendous from check-in to housekeeping to bell services, I was warmly greeted with a smile by everyone. My dbl. queen room on the thirteenth floor( I thought they skipped those) was very nice. It was clean, quiet, and had one of the better beds I have experienced in a hotel. I cannot speak to location, as I took a shuttle to/from the airport, and never ventured out, but it is attached to the convention center by a walkway, so very convenient for attendees. With our association room rate, I would even rate it a good value, as it was equal to or less pricey than any other hotel we have utilized anywhere else in the country.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear jasonst1:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. I enjoy learning of your experience, from your interactions with our stupendous staff to your pleasant sleep experience. Feedback such as yours is rewarding to share with the team, it keeps us inspired knowing that our dedication to service results in a great stay experience. Whether for business or pleasure, I hope we will be seeing you when you are in our area again.

St. John's, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Peabody. The staff were excellent. I was attending a conference and a coworker was staying at the hotel as well. At the end of the week (she noticed, I would have missed it!) I was over charged almost $200 on the room rate. My coworker was also overcharged for services she had used during her stay. Upon calling the hotel, they promptly took care of it.

It was such a disappointing ending to a great week. I wonder how many other guests hadn't noticed they were overcharged, just as I hadn't.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear meggy1234:

I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay at The Peabody Orlando, thank you for your review. I do regret that it ended on a note that caused you any concern. I feel confident this was an isolated occurrence, but I appreciate the opportunity to follow up on it. I hope your overall experience with us will lead you to consider a return stay when your travel plans bring you back to Orlando.

scarborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here the night before our cruise, we had booked a cheapy basic room from Trivago, but on check in paid $107 extra and got a club room on 26th floor. It was not cheap but the room was really lovely, beautiful decor and fabulous television in the mirror of the bathroom. The bed was 1 off the best have ever set in, beautiful bedding and view was amazing.
The free evening mini treats were great we had eaten at lunch so just a few little savoury nibbles were just what was needed. We also went back at 8.30 and they had mini cheese cake pop cakes and chocolate dipped strawberries.
The gym was great, would off been nice to use the hot tub, but think it was an extra at the spa. Didnt get to use the pools either but all looked amazing and very very clean.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and upgrade to a club room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear cabriolover:

I appreciate your business and review of The Peabody Orlando. I’m glad you choose to experience our Peabody Club level and found the extra amenities enjoyable. All guests may enjoy our pools and hot tub in the Grotto and Terrace pool areas. The Serenity pool, located within our spa, is included with a spa treatment or with a day pass. I hope we will see you again when Orlando is on your travel agenda.

Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family stayed at the Peabody Orlando for one night in December 2012, as we were taking a short weekend away to celebrate my husband's birthday. 2 adults, one child and an infant. The property was easy to find and I had done reasearch on the website beforehand, so I was prepared for the extra fees for parking, etc. We wanted a room on a higher floor so our 9 year old could enjoy the view, but we checked in early and took the first room available.

Since it was a few days before Christmas, the lobby was decorated beautifully with large Christmas trees and a fun Gingerbread Village display which was made by guests who had attended a workshop on property for an additional charge. The property itself is very large, spanning a few city blocks, and extremely close to the convention center. In fact, there is an enclosed walkway to the convention center, so if you are attending a convention, this would be the closest and most convenient property.

The room was average size and the furniture was average as well. The beds were super comfortable and made for an excellent night's sleep. A cool feature of the room was the ambient lighting at foot level that lit the way to the bathroom in the evening without waking everyone up or breaking a leg tripping over things in the dark. I enjoyed a shower while learning about the Hindenberg Disaster because there was a TV in the bathroom mirror. Sweet. And they even thought to make the top portion of the shower curtain transparent so you can actually watch. Genius. On a side note, the elevators must travel at supersonic speed, because you could get to the highest floor accessible without a Penthouse Key in about 5 seconds.

The staff was top notch and never failed to provide excellent customer service. Very friendly. The pool was gorgeous, but we did not get to swim because it was cold out. They even had a waterslide.

The best part of the whole stay was the Duck March. We grabbed some coffee (waaay more expensive than Starbucks and not as good) and headed to the main fountain. The Duck Processional was fabulous and they came waddling out of the elevator on a red carpet. I did not get to see them jump into the fountain though, because as soon as the ducks passed, bystanders crowded in behind them and blocked everyone's view of the crowning moment. I suggest onlookers be asked not to crowd the fountain and remain seated until the ducks have all completed their trek. Just my opinion though. I thought it was very rude.

We waited awhile and explored until the crowd dissipated. I do have to mention that I loved the public restrooms. Weird, I know, but there is a separate parlor room in the front with a chair, which is very nice for us nursing moms. No one wants to commit public indecency, but no one wants to eat in a bathroom either. A very nice touch. Once the crowd was almost gone, we had the chance to chat with the Duckmaster, Donald. (Enter snicker). Yes, Donald the Duckmaster. He was extremely knowledgeable and answered all of our probing questions about duck migration, a $100,000 penthouse for ducks and their life on the farm during their downtime. Ducks are polygamists, did you know? Maybe they will make a show called "Sister Ducks". He gave us his card and were invited to email him to arrange for our children to be honorary Duckmasters the next time we were in town. This delighted our 9 year old to no end. He is still talking about it.

Hands down, an amazing experience. Even though the hotel has sort of a modern vibe (I am more fancy, traditionalist) and seems a tad bit outdated, the staff, amenities and experiences offered there made this a top notch stay for us. Did not disappoint. Looking forward to staying there again in March. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an excellent view as long as you are not facing the Convention Center
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear DelilahsDestinations:

Thank you for recommending The Peabody Orlando. I enjoyed reading your review and love the part about the ‘staff, amenities and experiences offered made this a top notch stay for your family’. Our team strives to exceed expectations and feedback like yours proves that our ‘top notch staff who never failed to provide excellent customer service’ hit their mark. I am glad you had a chance to meet our Duck Master and I know your children will enjoy their Honorary Duck Master experience when you have the opportunity to visit us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at Peabody for 9 nights 27th Dec onwards. The hotel is very well run, immaculately clean, friendly staff, nice swimming pools, hot outdoor jacuzzi, excellent choice of restaurants, this was a family trip with my wife and 2 kids aged 1 and 12, I asked for a crib/cot for baby and it was delivered to our room within 5 mins, asked for a microwave to heat baby food it was delivered again within a matter of mins. Food and drinks a little over priced but worth paying that little bit extra for the comfort of this hotel. For future visits to Orlando we will always use the Peabody. I have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and would rate the Peabody 10/10 absolutely no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Manchester, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at The Peabody with my wife for three nights (31st Dec/2nd Jan) during an eight day trip to Florida for the New Year taking in Key West and Miami along the way. Found the property on Trivago with an unbelievable room rate that just could not be refused. Had a search on TA (as I always do before booking accommodation) and was also impressed with the reviews.
We have been visiting Orlando for over fifteen years with our family (normally staying in villas out in Kissimmee) and have seen this high rise hotel many times. It is next to the Convention Centre at the quieter end if International Drive.
I have to say this is an absolutely enormous, sprawling, very impressive hotel; spotlessly clean with luxurious decor and furnishings in both the public areas and huge guest rooms. You could get lost in the lobby area. First class service and very attentive staff are a priority. It is everything you would expect from a top notch property and you certainly do get what you pay for. Rooms are extremely large with huge comfy beds and spacious bathrooms that even have a TV in the mirror.
At check in, I asked for a room on a high floor and was allocated the 23rd in the Main Tower, overlooking the pool. Wow! The view was absolutely awesome! You could see for miles across Orlando, as far as Walt Disney World in the distance (including nightime fireworks).
We were here for New Years Eve and the atmosphere was great with a live band on stage in the bar and for a hotel of this size the bar prices were less than expected, so a bit of a surprise there.
Everything you need is within striking distance, from restaurants, theme parks (but not on this occasion) and shops, shops and more shops!! My wife was in heaven. Although prices are more expensive than previous years, Orlando, for us at least still represents unbeatable value for money, compared to UK and European holiday destinations.
There is just one negative I have to mention that lets this great hotel down and prevents me from giving this property five stars. I did actually know about these prior to arriving so it was not a surprise. This property charges a Hotel Service Fee at $9 per day plus self parking at $16 per day. The hotel states that the resort fee is ‘for your convenience’ and is added to your room account each night. The fee allows for ‘value-added’ amenities during your stay such as: unlimited local and 1-800 calls, wireless high speed internet (available in all guestrooms, the grand atrium lobby and the pool deck. Overnight shoe shine (prior to 2:00am), coffee each morning in the lobby 5:30am-8:30am, two bottles of signature Peabody water per day, two International Drive I-Ride® trolley transportation tickets per room per day and complimentary access to the Fitness Center. These charges are not optional and are compulsory for every guest.
During our stay we did not use the fitness centre, the telephone, shoe shine, did not drink the coffee or use the I-Ride tickets as we had our own car. I drank half a bottle of water and my wife checked a few e-mails on the I-Pad!
It would be much better and make more business sense to include the resort fee in the room rate and advertise the 'facilites' as complimentary. I have also stayed in a lot of small hotels all of who provide free parking for guests. What a shame that this one thing should let this property down.
However, enough complaining. On the whole this is a fabulous, awesome hotel, which I would highly recommend (for the right rate) that we would not hesitate to stay at again the next time just the two of us visit Orlando.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MarkManchester_UK:

Thank you for including The Peabody Orlando in you Florida vacation plans. I appreciate your review and mention of our first class service and very attentive staff. This is a priority for us as we strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. I’m glad you enjoyed your accommodations along with the ability to view the fireworks from your guest room. I value your feedback on our Hotel Service Fee and look forward to seeing you again when you return to Orlando.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!