“Beautiful hotel :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights, Save 10%
Ranked #38 of 329 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
scarborough
“Beautiful hotel :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here the night before our cruise, we had booked a cheapy basic room from Trivago, but on check in paid $107 extra and got a club room on 26th floor. It was not cheap but the room was really lovely, beautiful decor and fabulous television in the mirror of the bathroom. The bed was 1 off the best have ever set in, beautiful bedding and view was amazing.
The free evening mini treats were great we had eaten at lunch so just a few little savoury nibbles were just what was needed. We also went back at 8.30 and they had mini cheese cake pop cakes and chocolate dipped strawberries.
The gym was great, would off been nice to use the hot tub, but think it was an extra at the spa. Didnt get to use the pools either but all looked amazing and very very clean.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and upgrade to a club room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear cabriolover:

I appreciate your business and review of The Peabody Orlando. I’m glad you choose to experience our Peabody Club level and found the extra amenities enjoyable. All guests may enjoy our pools and hot tub in the Grotto and Terrace pool areas. The Serenity pool, located within our spa, is included with a spa treatment or with a day pass. I hope we will see you again when Orlando is on your travel agenda.

1,983 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family stayed at the Peabody Orlando for one night in December 2012, as we were taking a short weekend away to celebrate my husband's birthday. 2 adults, one child and an infant. The property was easy to find and I had done reasearch on the website beforehand, so I was prepared for the extra fees for parking, etc. We wanted a room on a higher floor so our 9 year old could enjoy the view, but we checked in early and took the first room available.

Since it was a few days before Christmas, the lobby was decorated beautifully with large Christmas trees and a fun Gingerbread Village display which was made by guests who had attended a workshop on property for an additional charge. The property itself is very large, spanning a few city blocks, and extremely close to the convention center. In fact, there is an enclosed walkway to the convention center, so if you are attending a convention, this would be the closest and most convenient property.

The room was average size and the furniture was average as well. The beds were super comfortable and made for an excellent night's sleep. A cool feature of the room was the ambient lighting at foot level that lit the way to the bathroom in the evening without waking everyone up or breaking a leg tripping over things in the dark. I enjoyed a shower while learning about the Hindenberg Disaster because there was a TV in the bathroom mirror. Sweet. And they even thought to make the top portion of the shower curtain transparent so you can actually watch. Genius. On a side note, the elevators must travel at supersonic speed, because you could get to the highest floor accessible without a Penthouse Key in about 5 seconds.

The staff was top notch and never failed to provide excellent customer service. Very friendly. The pool was gorgeous, but we did not get to swim because it was cold out. They even had a waterslide.

The best part of the whole stay was the Duck March. We grabbed some coffee (waaay more expensive than Starbucks and not as good) and headed to the main fountain. The Duck Processional was fabulous and they came waddling out of the elevator on a red carpet. I did not get to see them jump into the fountain though, because as soon as the ducks passed, bystanders crowded in behind them and blocked everyone's view of the crowning moment. I suggest onlookers be asked not to crowd the fountain and remain seated until the ducks have all completed their trek. Just my opinion though. I thought it was very rude.

We waited awhile and explored until the crowd dissipated. I do have to mention that I loved the public restrooms. Weird, I know, but there is a separate parlor room in the front with a chair, which is very nice for us nursing moms. No one wants to commit public indecency, but no one wants to eat in a bathroom either. A very nice touch. Once the crowd was almost gone, we had the chance to chat with the Duckmaster, Donald. (Enter snicker). Yes, Donald the Duckmaster. He was extremely knowledgeable and answered all of our probing questions about duck migration, a $100,000 penthouse for ducks and their life on the farm during their downtime. Ducks are polygamists, did you know? Maybe they will make a show called "Sister Ducks". He gave us his card and were invited to email him to arrange for our children to be honorary Duckmasters the next time we were in town. This delighted our 9 year old to no end. He is still talking about it.

Hands down, an amazing experience. Even though the hotel has sort of a modern vibe (I am more fancy, traditionalist) and seems a tad bit outdated, the staff, amenities and experiences offered there made this a top notch stay for us. Did not disappoint. Looking forward to staying there again in March. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an excellent view as long as you are not facing the Convention Center
Dear DelilahsDestinations:

Thank you for recommending The Peabody Orlando. I enjoyed reading your review and love the part about the ‘staff, amenities and experiences offered made this a top notch stay for your family’. Our team strives to exceed expectations and feedback like yours proves that our ‘top notch staff who never failed to provide excellent customer service’ hit their mark. I am glad you had a chance to meet our Duck Master and I know your children will enjoy their Honorary Duck Master experience when you have the opportunity to visit us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Peabody Orlando.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at Peabody for 9 nights 27th Dec onwards. The hotel is very well run, immaculately clean, friendly staff, nice swimming pools, hot outdoor jacuzzi, excellent choice of restaurants, this was a family trip with my wife and 2 kids aged 1 and 12, I asked for a crib/cot for baby and it was delivered to our room within 5 mins, asked for a microwave to heat baby food it was delivered again within a matter of mins. Food and drinks a little over priced but worth paying that little bit extra for the comfort of this hotel. For future visits to Orlando we will always use the Peabody. I have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and would rate the Peabody 10/10 absolutely no complaints about this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Manchester, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at The Peabody with my wife for three nights (31st Dec/2nd Jan) during an eight day trip to Florida for the New Year taking in Key West and Miami along the way. Found the property on Trivago with an unbelievable room rate that just could not be refused. Had a search on TA (as I always do before booking accommodation) and was also impressed with the reviews.
We have been visiting Orlando for over fifteen years with our family (normally staying in villas out in Kissimmee) and have seen this high rise hotel many times. It is next to the Convention Centre at the quieter end if International Drive.
I have to say this is an absolutely enormous, sprawling, very impressive hotel; spotlessly clean with luxurious decor and furnishings in both the public areas and huge guest rooms. You could get lost in the lobby area. First class service and very attentive staff are a priority. It is everything you would expect from a top notch property and you certainly do get what you pay for. Rooms are extremely large with huge comfy beds and spacious bathrooms that even have a TV in the mirror.
At check in, I asked for a room on a high floor and was allocated the 23rd in the Main Tower, overlooking the pool. Wow! The view was absolutely awesome! You could see for miles across Orlando, as far as Walt Disney World in the distance (including nightime fireworks).
We were here for New Years Eve and the atmosphere was great with a live band on stage in the bar and for a hotel of this size the bar prices were less than expected, so a bit of a surprise there.
Everything you need is within striking distance, from restaurants, theme parks (but not on this occasion) and shops, shops and more shops!! My wife was in heaven. Although prices are more expensive than previous years, Orlando, for us at least still represents unbeatable value for money, compared to UK and European holiday destinations.
There is just one negative I have to mention that lets this great hotel down and prevents me from giving this property five stars. I did actually know about these prior to arriving so it was not a surprise. This property charges a Hotel Service Fee at $9 per day plus self parking at $16 per day. The hotel states that the resort fee is ‘for your convenience’ and is added to your room account each night. The fee allows for ‘value-added’ amenities during your stay such as: unlimited local and 1-800 calls, wireless high speed internet (available in all guestrooms, the grand atrium lobby and the pool deck. Overnight shoe shine (prior to 2:00am), coffee each morning in the lobby 5:30am-8:30am, two bottles of signature Peabody water per day, two International Drive I-Ride® trolley transportation tickets per room per day and complimentary access to the Fitness Center. These charges are not optional and are compulsory for every guest.
During our stay we did not use the fitness centre, the telephone, shoe shine, did not drink the coffee or use the I-Ride tickets as we had our own car. I drank half a bottle of water and my wife checked a few e-mails on the I-Pad!
It would be much better and make more business sense to include the resort fee in the room rate and advertise the 'facilites' as complimentary. I have also stayed in a lot of small hotels all of who provide free parking for guests. What a shame that this one thing should let this property down.
However, enough complaining. On the whole this is a fabulous, awesome hotel, which I would highly recommend (for the right rate) that we would not hesitate to stay at again the next time just the two of us visit Orlando.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MarkManchester_UK:

Thank you for including The Peabody Orlando in you Florida vacation plans. I appreciate your review and mention of our first class service and very attentive staff. This is a priority for us as we strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. I’m glad you enjoyed your accommodations along with the ability to view the fireworks from your guest room. I value your feedback on our Hotel Service Fee and look forward to seeing you again when you return to Orlando.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Usually convention-oriented hotels have a "meh" feel to them-- all the same, service not lacking but not amazing either. The Peabody was incredible. The size of an airport, it still somehow felt cozy and unique.

Flawless service, very large rooms with small treats such as duck-shaped soap and free wifi. Best part, a fountain of trained ducks that parade through the hotel twice a day on a little red carpet. Loved this hotel, and the experience.

Caveats: I got convention rates so wasn't as pricy as retail, the deli seemed on the expensive side. Not sure it's the best location if you are aiming at the theme parks/have kids with you.

• Stayed January 2013
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Fidelino:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. Our employees take great pride in their service delivery and comments such as yours provides us the opportunity to congratulate them on a job well done. I will enjoying sharing your experience with them and will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you visit our area again.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Flew out with Virgin on New Year's Day (an excellent flight) with a lovely crew.

The Peabody is a huge hotel attached to a convention centre so a number of business people stay at this hotel and not so many holidaymakers. The hotel was immaculate and the rooms kept spotless. The location was perfect for walking out to local restaurants at night as well as a good central spot for attractions and shopping outlets. The pool was lovely with plenty of sunbeds. Daily temperature anything from 70 - 80 degrees at this time of year so very pleasant.

Niggles: TV was dreadful and although not there to sit in and watch TV it is nice to have something on whilst getting ready to go out and when getting ready for bed., It was like being in a time warp of the 80's showing such programmes as The Nanny and Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

No coffee or tea making facilities and charging $12 for two cups of coffee from the lobby.

Beware of extra daily charges i.e. car parking - internet.

Very comfortable bar with live music - drinks very expensive so when ordered an Irish Coffee it came with no cream and was cold so sent it back and it was replenished with whipped cream emulating shaving foam and very cold. Waitress seemed indifferent as there was only 2 of us.

Overall: Would certainly stay there again but do note Orlando is not a cheap vacation as everything has increased in price and although once considered cheap to eat out it is now equivalent to British prices. The Peabody Ducks are so cute and not to be missed.

Room Tip: Higher floors with pool views a must.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Lesterlamb:

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our pool areas and our cute ducks, they are special to us too. I was however sorry to hear you experienced some disappointments during your stay, both with the TV service and experience in Rocks. In an effort to ensure your next stay with us is perfect, We will surely work to see the matters are rectified. I look forward to seeing you again when you travel back to our area.

Newyork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is great! It has a lot to offer except for food.We stayed here for over a week.For a not-so-big steak lover/ a burger-fries/sandwiches lover, we quickly grew bored of the diner food available inside.Luckily international drive (on which this hotel is located) has a variety of restaurants and a a great mix of cuisines.We tried a few like cafe tu tu tango and siam, they were all very good.An indoor heated pool and recreation area would greatly increase the value of this hotel esp on rainy or windy days.
All in one pretty good stay, not bad at all!

Room Tip: We chose the standard room which was quite spacious for a standard room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear PriyankaG:

Thank you for staying with us, I glad your family explored our area and enjoyed their visit. Should you return to Orlando, I hope The Peabody Orlando will be part of your travel plans and that the weather is more inviting for your pool activities. Perhaps you will also enjoy exploring our other dining options: Napa features fresh & local cuisine available for three meals a day, Capriccio Grill serves Italian Fare and crafted pizzas for a dinner option. We look forward to a future visit.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!