I attend a convention at the OCCC every November and have stayed at Peabody multiple times over the years. As always, the Peabody did not disappoint.
Simply put, if you are a seasoned business or pleasure traveler, I can’t see how you wouldn’t be completely satisfied with the Peabody. The property has it all together from its’ amenities, service and cleanliness.
Several years ago, a new tower was constructed and all of the existing rooms in the “old tower” were renovated, so they are all basically the same with modern appointments. The bathrooms are very nice complete with imbedded TV’s in the mirrors. The decor is fresh and there is a mini fridge in every room. I really can’t see anyone being disappointed with the room. There are even motion activated LED floor nights in the bathroom and bedroom areas that light up at night if you need to take a "midnight" bathroom visit.
Overall, the property is huge. The new pool complex is impressive with lots of seating, a small waterside and a very nice “grotto” style pool.
The onsite Bee Line Diner is a must visit...always a great meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. I highly recommend the Eggs Benedict, at any time of the day.
Pointe Orlando with tons of shopping and dining is only a few minutes walk away. And if you want to catch a game, Millers Ale House is about a 8-10 minute walk down I-Drive and is an awesome “sports bar” with decent food and dozens of TV’s.
If you have business at the OCCC, it is only about a 7 minute walk from the Peabody and there is a covered walkway directly from the hotel to the convention center; so rain is never a factor.
Overall the Peabody is a premium business class property with tons of amenities offering the highest level of service. And while a little corny, try to catch a duck march every day at 11am at the lobby fountain…you won’t want to admit it, but it’s pretty cool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Orlando, a masterpiece of contemporary design and luxurious decor and furnishings, is the Orlando hotel of choice for the nation's most respected professional meeting planners. Conveniently located in the midst of the 2.1-Million-square-foot Orange County Convention Center, and the only hotel located directly across the street from the center's main entrance, it features luxury hotel accommodations and is a national landmark hotel in the meetings and conventions industry. Our Orlando hotel exudes relaxed elegance, and the warmth of Southern hospitality. The ideal location for association and corporate meetings and conventions, Hyatt Regency Orlando is located just a short drive from Walt Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Orlando and 15 minutes from Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl