“When hands on customer service matters” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 Nights, Save 10%
Ranked #37 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis
“When hands on customer service matters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Shout out to providing superior customer service from the events services manager Kim Loud!

As a guest (club level) I needed a room for a small meeting with a projector and wireless to pitch a idea. I did not want to spend big bucks to make it happen. The business center is not allowed to rent projectors ( because the AV supplier does) , and the AV supplier wanted a daily rate of $550 for a rental. I was in the hotel as part of a big convention, so Kim found me a meeting room that had been used by the mother organization and left it set for me to use for just a 45 min meeting. Better yet, no cost! I run a start up company and cost is everything, so that's to Kim for being a problem solver and not a road block. I hope the management empowers the staff to treat everyone this way!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Peabody for one night when traveling through Orlando. While primarily a convention hotel, the new tower addition and the new pool give families a nice resort diversion. Everyone we saw with a Peabody name tag was extraordinarily friendly and helpful.

Our room was super nice with the most comfortable bed ever! My daughter loved the ducks, the view from the room, and the tv in the mirror in the bathroom. Breakfast in the diner was very good as well.

If ever given a choice for a hotel on I-Drive, I will choose the Peabody!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear trey703:

Thank you Trey, it’s a pleasure to read your review of The Peabody Orlando. I enjoy knowing that your stay experience will bring you back to our hotel when visiting our area. I appreciate your business and you mentioning our extraordinarily friendly and helpful staff. I look forward to seeing you and your daughter back at The Peabody Orlando.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went there for a conference, adjacent to the conf center, and thus is a business like hotel rather than a resort hotel, although it has amenites like a pool etc. Lovely rooms (has a TV buried in the mniddle of the bathroom mirror!!). Nice bar area, good staff. Pricey though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear BallaghMan:

Thank you, I appreciate your review and hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Peabody Orlando when your business or leisure travel plans bring you back to our area.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Recently stayed at this property during a conference. The team does not miss any details. From the bellmen, to the front desk, to the housekeeping staff. Everyone is very attentive and helpful. A group of us went to Rocks (the lobby bar) and had a great time. Excellent service and great music. These folks have hospitality down to a science. Well Done!

Room Tip: No need to grab a cab. Restaurants are everywhere and within walking distance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Vegas4034:

Thank you! I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to recognize our staff for the attentive and helpful staff you enjoyed at The Peabody Orlando. I also appreciate your business and hope we see you again when you travel back to Orlando.

Holiday, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Peabody is known for their display of ducks. No duck mess- no ducks. They are kept in a place and visable at one time per day. Dont expect to see them..dont tell the kids! Accomdations are clean and fresh bottled water in rooms daily. Quick walk to the convention center. Food is tasty in all restraunts. still, no coffee maker in room Tea pot was not a plug in, so the water they brought me got cold right away. Staff is on segways, but not offered for rent to the customer. Lack of active enthusiastic doormen and bellman...they need some uplifting inspiration. Kinda just stand there. Too many workers just standing around. Still, a clean great hotel for a inexpensive price.

Room Tip: cold toast, slow food... go only to the fancy restaunt cafe is mediocre
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear judiadunn:

Thank you for your review, I am glad to know you consider The Peabody Orlando the best hotel. Our world famous ducks reside in our Mallards lobby fountain each day from 11am-5pm before they retire to their Duck Palace next to the tennis court on the Recreation level. Perhaps you missed them in their fountain while attending your meetings?

While we don’t provide segways for our staff, perhaps they were in use by others using our convention center. If you are in need of a segway when you return to our hotel, please consult with our concierge for a company who can rent these out.

I look forward to seeing you again and hope you have the chance to see our team of ducks, if you miss them in the lobby, please visit their Royal Duck Palace.

Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Extremely fortunate to have stayed at The Peabody for five nights during a conference at the Convention Center across the street. Everything about the hotel was top class. What makes it stand out?
a) Duck shaped soap (that's class when you provide animal shaped soap instead of just bar soap)
b) Multiple pools with an impressive sized pool on the side of the hotel against the street. But it's hidden very well as you can't see the pool from the street level as it sits numerous levels above street level.
c) One of the best hotel gyms I've been to but it's not free. It'll be included in the daily WiFi fee; otherwise it's pretty expensive as a one off charge.
d) There's a walkway that connects the Peabody to the Convention Center. Good way to stay out of the Florida rain but it may just be quicker to walk across the street depending on which part of the Convention Center you're going to.
e) Conveniently located with coffee shops, restaurants, and cafes right downstairs with one of their cafes being 24 hours for the night owls.
f) Also conveniently located along the free trolley line which takes you in both north and south directions
g) There was a TV in my bathroom mirror. Enough said.
The only negative I could find with The Peabody is that the WiFi is terrible. They charge you a daily rate for it but it doesn't have any password protection so really anybody could use it. Secondly it couldn't be accessed in the room for myself or anybody in my company so it is pretty much useless all together. I had to spend my evenings downstairs in the lobby using the WiFi where the signal was stable and strong. Very annoying to have to conduct business work in the lobby instead of my nightly $200+ hotel room.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear solarsnorkeler:

I appreciate you sharing your Peabody stay experience with me. I certainly enjoy reading you describe The Peabody Orlando as a high class hotel. I am proud of the products and services we offer and am happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel amenities.

I regret any disappointments with a WiFi connection but thank you for giving me the opportunity to share your feedback with our IT management team. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you are in our area again.

Rogers, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently stayed at the Peabody for approx a week for a convention and brought the kids along. Top notch service and staff. The suite was very modern; the TV in the bathroom mirror made the kids want to brush their teeth every day. The outdoor pool area is beautiful; we were the only family out there during the day. Did not get a chance to eat at the hotel because of all the great restaurants across the street. Valet service was excellent.

Room Tip: Kids liked being able to look straight down at the pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear colin a:

Thank you for your business and review of The Peabody Orlando. I am glad that both you and your family enjoyed your visit with us and that your experience will bring you back for a return stay.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!