“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32803 (Formerly The Peabody Orlando)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nesconset, New York
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed for a business convention. It was a very nice hotel and easy access to the convention center. Overall a great place to stay. The rooms were spacious and updated. Nice restraints on premises. They have a shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Danky12:

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your review. For business or pleasure, I hope you will choose The Peabody Orlando when you visit our area again.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great Job as usual from Peabody Staff for this special event...Logistics, food, AV, etc.

The F&B and Event Staff did an awesome job to make this event truly special.

All the Logistics from the Valet Parking, Trolley Rides were handled to perfection.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lou R:

It was an honor to be able to host the Legends dinner Lou. I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for your feedback, it will be my pleasure to share your compliments with our Food and Beverage Division.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Business trip. Great stay, will come back if in Orlando again. The ducks were so cute, my last morning of my stay as I stepped out on the balcony there was a lone duck swimming in the pool, I guess he escaped for swim alone.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony-best choice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Cherry C:

I appreciate your review of The Peabody Orlando and love hearing that you will return when you are in Orlando again. Not only do our resident ducks enjoy their indoor fountains, non-resident ducks often visit to frolic in our outdoor Terrace pool. The serenity of the pool is very attractive to them. I hope you enjoyed that special moment and that you enjoy more of them when we see you again.

Merritt island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We recently stayed at the Peabody on International Dr. This is a very large hotel with nice accommodations. We did not however get to stay in the new tall tower that was recently finished, however I believe that the rooms are close to the same no matter which tower you are in. The one nice thing in the room which we experienced and had never seen before is the TV that is in the bathroom mirror. It is built right in and you can watch TV through the mirror. There is also a really nice floor night light that automatically comes on when you enter the bathroom say in the middle of the night. They have two large pools however there is more activity at the pool that has the waterfall and children areas. We did eat in the "diner" area of the hotel which was nice for breakfast. Of course this comes with an attractive price tag as well. We also watched at 5:00pm as the ducks come out and do their evening walk which drew a large crowd and was enjoyable for everyone. A must see at least once during your stay. This hotel is situated close to all the nearby attractions and there is an array of quality restaurants all around this area for a variety of different foods. The rooms provide a sample of shampoos and conditioners as most nice hotels do but I thought it was cute that they have a small bar soap in the shape of a duck. I asked the morning maid for an extra one to give to my grandchildren which she happily provided. I really did appreciate that. My only complaint was that I didn't think that at this time of year the hotel was so crowded that we couldn't have received a room with a view that say is overlooking a pool or some of the sights instead of rooftop air conditioners and an empty field. This was a business trip and not being the one "in charge" I didn't feel I had much say about room selection. This is truly a beautiful hotel though.

Room Tip: New Tower Northwest side has best view of Pool area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Sweepygolf14:

Thank you for your review of The Peabody Orlando. I enjoy knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us along with our unique 70-plus year tradition – the march of The Peabody ducks. I hope we will be fortunate enough to welcome you back to our hotel and that your grandchildren will be a part of this visit so they too can enjoy this special event. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Abergele, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Whilst travelling back from our 5 day cruise our driver informed us that the Peabody was the best hotel in Orlando, and he was right.

Although its huge its still got lots of nice features which make it feel special. The staff were great and we loved the big shop which we visited late evening for snacks.

The pool is great and has lots of sun beds so you can soak up the sun. The restaurants are nice although a little bit expensive so we headed out to sample what the other restaurants had to offer.

My husband loved the tv in the bathroom mirror, I had read about it on other reviews and wondered what it would be like and what the fuss was about but it is cool.

If we had to think of something negative to say it would be that we would of liked some transport from the hotel to the parks, we had to get taxi's which was expensive.

All in all we had a fab time and will defo recommend it to our friends,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear siwan30:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Peabody Orlando, I’m glad to know that your Peabody experience will be a part of your honeymoon memories. I appreciate your review and recommendation of our hotel and hope that we will have the opportunity to host your future celebrations.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Having stayed in Orlando on many occasions, I have never even considered the Peabody as it is a convention hotel. However, a last minute holiday meant that the usual hotels we stay in (Ritz Carlton/Hyatt Grand Cypress/Hilton) were all fully booked so we booked for four days at the Peabody. Although it is unquestionably a convention hotel (there were at least four going on while we were there) and you feel a bit funny crossing the lobby in shorts and a tee-shirt while everyone else is in a suit , the Peabody is in fact great for a family vacation. The fantastic pools areas are virtually empty for most of the day. The facilities are great (gorgeous fluffy pool towels) with a superb bar and fantastic poolside service from attentive and polite staff. Its position on International Drive is perfect - loads of restaurants, bars and smaller attractions (weird upside down science museum, mini golf etc) are within walking distance or a short ride on the I-Trolley which constantly runs up and down the road. The Napa restaurant is excellent and again the service impeccable with staff who know the menu inside and out and are efficient and friendly without being obtrusive. The B-line restaurant is perfect for kids and serves a great breakfast (enough to keep you going all day!) The room we had was just a standard but was huge and in great condition - I have stayed (and paid!) for suites that were smaller! Housekeeping is efficient and standards of cleanliness high. Two minor annoyances – I agree with other reviewers that the lack of a coffee making facility in the room is a real shame. They can’t need the revenue from the coffee shop that much! AND the concierges are hopeless! Like all the staff they are extremely polite and attentive but they know NOTHING! On the first two days, they were unable to tell me how far away the town of Kissemme St Cloud was (and apparently unable to check on one of the many computers in front of them); told me that Gatorland (a very popular attraction) was over 60 miles away and would cost over $80 in a taxi when in fact it was less than 10 miles away and cost $25; did not know whether the hotels own Italian restaurant, that had been closed the night before for a function would be open that night (in fact they did not know it had been closed at all!) and could not help when I asked about where to find tickets for the Blue Man Group show. It turns out that there is a separate desk in the hotel that does tickets/taxis/attractions etc but it did not occur to any of the concierges I spoke to tell me this! The good news is that the Bellhops know everything and happily answered all questions or if they did not were able to go away and find out! Overall, this is an excellent hotel, with great facilities and staff in a superb location. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear 712anon712:

I am so pleased that we had the opportunity to host your visit and appreciate your interest to stay with The Peabody Orlando again. Thank you for the ability to recognize our bell staff for the level of service they provided you, I am very proud of their dedication to serve our guests.

I was surprised to learn about your encounters with our concierge and value your feedback to have the opportunity to follow up and ensure that each concierge has the knowledge and tools to respond to our guest’s needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travel plans bring you back to our area.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Now, we travel around the world and can not remember a hotel without in room coffee makers. I understand that this is an additional source of revenue, but at these rates come on!

I want to awake, have coffee when I want and not have to get dressed and hike from my room to get my coffee. Although I don't agree, this is the norm Las Vegas. Does this torque anyone else off?

Manager indicated that it is due to health reasons. Really?

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Rick S:

Thank you for your review Rick. I assure you that your feedback is important to us as we continue to discuss product improvements. I appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns & look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel should your travel plans include Orlando.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando? Share your experiences!