Having stayed in Orlando on many occasions, I have never even considered the Peabody as it is a convention hotel. However, a last minute holiday meant that the usual hotels we stay in (Ritz Carlton/Hyatt Grand Cypress/Hilton) were all fully booked so we booked for four days at the Peabody. Although it is unquestionably a convention hotel (there were at least four going on while we were there) and you feel a bit funny crossing the lobby in shorts and a tee-shirt while everyone else is in a suit , the Peabody is in fact great for a family vacation. The fantastic pools areas are virtually empty for most of the day. The facilities are great (gorgeous fluffy pool towels) with a superb bar and fantastic poolside service from attentive and polite staff. Its position on International Drive is perfect - loads of restaurants, bars and smaller attractions (weird upside down science museum, mini golf etc) are within walking distance or a short ride on the I-Trolley which constantly runs up and down the road. The Napa restaurant is excellent and again the service impeccable with staff who know the menu inside and out and are efficient and friendly without being obtrusive. The B-line restaurant is perfect for kids and serves a great breakfast (enough to keep you going all day!) The room we had was just a standard but was huge and in great condition - I have stayed (and paid!) for suites that were smaller! Housekeeping is efficient and standards of cleanliness high. Two minor annoyances – I agree with other reviewers that the lack of a coffee making facility in the room is a real shame. They can’t need the revenue from the coffee shop that much! AND the concierges are hopeless! Like all the staff they are extremely polite and attentive but they know NOTHING! On the first two days, they were unable to tell me how far away the town of Kissemme St Cloud was (and apparently unable to check on one of the many computers in front of them); told me that Gatorland (a very popular attraction) was over 60 miles away and would cost over $80 in a taxi when in fact it was less than 10 miles away and cost $25; did not know whether the hotels own Italian restaurant, that had been closed the night before for a function would be open that night (in fact they did not know it had been closed at all!) and could not help when I asked about where to find tickets for the Blue Man Group show. It turns out that there is a separate desk in the hotel that does tickets/taxis/attractions etc but it did not occur to any of the concierges I spoke to tell me this! The good news is that the Bellhops know everything and happily answered all questions or if they did not were able to go away and find out! Overall, this is an excellent hotel, with great facilities and staff in a superb location. We will definitely be staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Orlando, a masterpiece of contemporary design and luxurious décor and furnishings, is the Orlando convention hotel of choice for the nation's professional meeting planners. Conveniently located in the midst of the 2.1-million-square-foot Orange County Convention Center, and the only hotel located directly across the street from the center's main entrance, it features luxury hotel accommodations and is a national landmark hotel in the meetings and conventions industry. Our Orlando hotel exudes relaxed elegance, and the warmth of Southern hospitality. The ideal location for association and corporate meetings and conventions, Hyatt Regency Orlando is located just a short drive from Walt Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Orlando and 15 minutes from Orlando International Airport (MCO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl